Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,529 members, 7,854,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:57 PM

Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate (1636 Views)

Naira Crashes To N484 Against Dollar As More Bdcs Go Underground / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by dave1614: 6:22am On Sep 23, 2016
Nigerian currency, Naira has dropped eight points to trade at a new record low of 436 against the United States dollar in black market, on Thursday night, September 22 to Friday morning, September 23. This comes against the N428/$1 rate it was on Wednesday, September 21. dollar to naira. The Naira has continued to weaken after a data released by the National Bureau of Statistics showed that the economy was in recession. Also, the persistent dollar shortages on the official market is making life hard for Bureau de change operators. But according to the Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria, the naira would recover by Monday, September 26 due to the introduction of Travelex, a licensed forex dealer. Travelex, an international money transfer organisation, was officially directed by the CBN to distribute forex to the BDC operators by Monday. Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, president of ABCON, was quoted by the News Agency of Nigeria to have said in Lagos that a licensed forex dealer would enhance transparency in the distribution network. He said that forex distribution would be efficient and uniform across ABCON members, unlike what was obtainable in the past. According to him, Travelex has the technology to sell forex to about 1,000 BDCs in a couple of hours, which is a major advantage. At the interbank official market, the naira was quoted at 313.07 to the dollar on Thursday, down from 310.08 on Wednesday. Remember to visit http://davesblog.over-blog.com for more news.
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by paiz: 6:23am On Sep 23, 2016
Bad economy

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by techinfong: 6:24am On Sep 23, 2016
I will soon publish a book titled "The rise and fall of naira"

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by 4reala(m): 6:26am On Sep 23, 2016
Shai! Which way Nigeria, na God go save us from dis Chanji govt o

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Smellymouth: 6:28am On Sep 23, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by dave1614: 6:29am On Sep 23, 2016
4reala:
Shai! Which way Nigeria, na Godgo save us from dis Chanji govt o
bros na so we see am o. Things just dey get hard everyday.

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 23, 2016
Buhari still breaking deplorable records records.

Lalasticlala

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-crashes-to-all-time-low-as-fx-reserves-fall-below-25bn?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2347313275

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2016
See how their Lord and personal saviour is killing them. This man has killed and almost buried Naira.Nepa Bill ooh cry

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:36am On Sep 23, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Viole(f): 6:38am On Sep 23, 2016
The night before dawn...
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by lecturer3(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2016
haba naija wey thing we go do to dis kind situation.. ? undecided[s][/s][i][/i]

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Cutehector(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2016
Viole don't make me laugh at u this morning!

If Goodluck Jonathan were still in power and naira fell to that rate, would you have made same comment?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by okosodo: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2016
It still has not gotten to its destination. But they said it was jonathan. Let me see wether they will still blame him by the time it gets to 1000 by 2019

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by onatisi(m): 6:45am On Sep 23, 2016
Viole:
The night before dawn...

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Mynd44: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Viole(f): 6:53am On Sep 23, 2016
Cutehector:
Viole don't make me laugh at u this morning!

If Goodluck Jonathan were still in power and naira fell to that rate, would you have made same comment?

No...If it had been His normal Pattern of Governance.

Yes...If indeed I see in his government,the future I am being Optimistic about now

1 Like

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by abbeyty(m): 6:55am On Sep 23, 2016
still waiting for N1 = $1 promised by this government

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Bossontop(m): 7:04am On Sep 23, 2016
cry

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Cutehector(m): 7:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Viole:

No...If it had been His normal Pattern of Governance.

Yes...If indeed I see in his government,the future I am being Optimistic about now
babe, there is absolutely nothing optimistic abt the progress of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Viole(f): 7:34am On Sep 23, 2016
Cutehector:
babe, there is absolutely nothing optimistic abt the progress of Nigeria.

Owk...Let's wait and see...
I wish that you do me the favour of quotin me again on this post by this time next year.
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Cutehector(m): 7:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Viole:

Owk...Let's wait and see...
I wish that you do me the favour of quotin me again on this post by this time next year.
lol by then I must hav forgotten ur moniker. Why not I add u up on bbm? So that way, I don't forget u.
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by gsparks01(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2016
Please how can I invest in real estate
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by PhilemonObende: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2016
The dollar must reach N1000 before the end of the year.
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Hisduchess(f): 8:38am On Sep 23, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=49596388][/quote]

bro you are a prophet a swear.every damn thing u have prophised about this economy have all come to pass.buhari needs you in his cabinet on a very serious note.onatisi I humbly duff my cap for you ooo u are a true prophet of Nigeria economy. please I like u to prophesy about bag of rice ooo is it going to go up more or it ll crash soon cos I can't stand not eating rice on Xmas day and Sundays. thank u

3 Likes

Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by onatisi(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hisduchess:

bro you are a prophet a swear.every damn thing u have prophised about this economy have all come to pass.buhari needs you in his cabinet on a very serious note.onatisi I humbly duff my cap for you ooo u are a true prophet of Nigeria economy. please I like u to prophesy about bag of rice ooo is it going to go up more or it ll crash soon cos I can't stand not eating rice on Xmas day and Sundays. thank u
funny woman
Re: Naira Crashes To A New Record Low Against Dollar, Checkout New Rate by Hisduchess(f): 4:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
onatisi:
funny woman
lol. nah important question I dey I ask ooo

(1) (Reply)

Truexgold, vomit our money!! / Empower Yourself With Our French Vintage Perfume oil 500ml for 12k / Urgent Loan Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.