Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? (9692 Views)

DOWNLOAD: Future – Mask Off (remix) Ft. Kendrick Lamar / Are We About To Witness A Drake Vs Eminem Diss ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by ba7man(m): 7:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Drake is for the ladies and emotional dudes...... in short, Drake is an emotion.

Kendrick and J. Cole are the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by MaddSkillz: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
DriZee:
too scared?.....haha....more like 'too scared to murder kendrick'.....yeah....I've heard he is really compassionate.......but i don't think that's a thing.....'cos they are both great
murder Kendrick? Let him reply joe first. .. Drake is okay , his flows are basic. .he's no where near GOAT status it's just media hype
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by DriZee(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2016
MaddSkillz:
murder Kendrick? Let him reply joe first. .. Drake is okay , his flows are basic. .he's no where near GOAT status it's just media hype
G.O.A.T ke......of course no....both of them ain't even close.....and on the other side...they both ain't a childs play....Drake initially didn't get his hype from "hotline bling" kinda song....he was recognized for his rap skills.....but all he does now is sing/rap what his audience wanna hear.....and all that as been taken for weaknesses
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
Drake should first write an hiphop inclined song that could beat j.cole stay/balance/ or kendrick lamar sing about me/blackboyfly/i would then take him serious....bottomline...anybody here thinking drake is an hiphop artist...doesn't listen to hiphop....and don't knw anything about hiphop....drake has a wack narrative technique....he can even tell a good story that one could relate to...he goes out of topic most times and so on...only that he has powerful oneliners @ his disposal...giving u guys an assignment...listento section80 or born sinners..comback and argue with me
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by bufness(m): 12:30am On Sep 30, 2016
Drake, tho kendrick dey spit fire, buh who really cares bout those kinda harcore rap, drizzy al the way
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Trojan2010: 12:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
OP should be flogged for comparing Kendrick with Drake . Hans!!! Kendrick is like Messi while Drake is like Lukaku smiley

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by djnonny(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
You say make we compair n na only drake pics u see put ndi PDP
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by chuksisaac: 9:39am On Oct 01, 2016
One thing I noticed on this thread is that most of us here don't read or know about lyrics....It is even possible that I can giv some of drakes best lines ever offhand...why most of drake fans ere can't do it....flow wise drake is no wre near kendrick...see as d guy take murder bigsean for holy keys....lols...drake got fame than kendrick...buh neva the flow tho

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
I prefer Drake to Kendrick anytime, Kendrick's style is kinda boring to me. Drake's 'Trust issues, Headlines, Hotline bling' to mention a few gives me some good vibe. Op, i have to go Op(out of point) on this.. J.cole all the way.. Have u ever hear a song and you feel connected to the lyrics like the music is talking to your soul? J.cole na boss 4 creativity.. Go listen to J.cole's 'Get free Cole world' 'Lost ones' 'Best Friend' 'Power Trip'.. I prefer Drake to Kendrick but i place J.cole above them..
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
chuksisaac:
Drake should first write an hiphop inclined song that could beat j.cole stay/balance/ or kendrick lamar sing about me/blackboyfly/i would then take him serious....bottomline...anybody here thinking drake is an hiphop artist...doesn't listen to hiphop....and don't knw anything about hiphop....drake has a wack narrative technique....he can even tell a good story that one could relate to...he goes out of topic most times and so on...only that he has powerful oneliners @ his disposal...giving u guys an assignment...listento section80 or born sinners..comback and argue with me

Sorry but if u measure good hip hop by stories in songs like juicy, dear mama, sing about me then I guess EMINEM is not a good hip hop artist not too mention legend.

Grow up please niqqas like Eminem dropped mockingbird n drake dropped successful " go and bump "you and the 6ix" and tell me it ain't creatively dope?

Dunno about your life but I can't relate with tales of suffering, deprivation, hunger or deaths thus I can't relate with kendrick doesn't mean i'd na form he ain't dope.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
chuksisaac:
One thing I noticed on this thread is that most of us here don't read or know about lyrics....It is even possible that I can giv some of drakes best lines ever offhand...why most of drake fans ere can't do it....flow wise drake is no wre near kendrick...see as d guy take murder bigsean for holy keys....lols...drake got fame than kendrick...buh neva the flow tho

He's murdered big Sean twice yea... ever murdered drake?

To me kendrick n j.cole are "fake"...why? They claim to be best buddz but i'm yet to hear both of em on a track drop bars together...why?

We been waiting on a joint-projectfor how many years now...no show?

Abeg leave matter kendrick ain't prolific thus is able to "take his time". Drake like pac in terms of work ethic n consistency
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
ba7man:
Drake is for the ladies and emotional dudes...... in short, Drake is an emotion.

Assignment: go and listen to "breakdown" "powertrip" "runaway" amongst others and tell me j.cole ain't emotional. grin

Drake just got more freedom to drop these kinda tracks cos well he's canadian grin
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by ba7man(m): 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
LorDBolton:

Assignment: go and listen to "breakdown" "powertrip" "runaway" amongst others and tell me j.cole ain't emotional. grin

Drake just got more freedom to drop these kinda tracks cos well he's canadian grin
I've those songs already.

They make me want to chill and drive slow......... unlike Drake's emotional tracks that make you wanna cuddle your pillow and get all mushy and soft.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
ba7man:
I've those songs already.

They make me want to chill and drive slow......... unlike Drake's emotional tracks that make you wanna cuddle your pillow and get all mushy and soft.

J.cole's Break down made u wanna drive slow?

Oga I hail o

But yea drake got niqqas catching feelings hahaha
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by souloho19(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
LorDBolton:

I would have all of your fans if I didn't go pop and I stayed on some conscious shiit.
- drake

Drake didn't grow up in the hood, didn't grow up around drugs and gangbangers, didn't grow up around 'poverty' per se, didn't grow up in the USA!

So how da fuq do u expect him to rhyme conscious?

As for people writing his raps Omo then let's agree even tupac. Had ghostwriters then, u fink others are there to play while only pac or biggie writing rhymes in the studio?
California love was already done b4 pac came n added lines to it n claim d song...Google it.

Check that pic out u see how many peeps got writing credits on one track? There might be others uncredited too.

Sometimes a niqqa could come up with a hook n not get credit for it depending on agreement.

Anyway ya'll keep hating the 6god cos he spreading +ve vibe. grin
No one is hating d 6god but when u talking about rap..I mean real rap as a form of music..the kind u literally feel feeding ur soul..the type u can relate to the type u don't just hear but see..nigga drake and Kendrick ain't on the same level AT ALL!!
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by souloho19(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
souloho19:

No one is hating d 6god but when u talking about rap..I mean real rap as a form of music..the kind u literally feel feeding ur soul..the type u can relate to the type u don't just hear but see..nigga drake and Kendrick ain't on the same level AT ALL!!
If that wasn't black and white enof for u..Kendrick is light years above or beyond (or anyway u put it) drake
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by souloho19(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
LorDBolton:

He's murdered big Sean twice yea... ever murdered drake?

To me kendrick n j.cole are "fake"...why? They claim to be best buddz but i'm yet to hear both of em on a track drop bars together...why?

We been waiting on a joint-projectfor how many years now...no show?

Abeg leave matter kendrick ain't prolific thus is able to "take his time". Drake like pac in terms of work ethic n consistency
Guy..don't be so loud when speaking off point check d review of poetic justice..yea even fucking problems drake got roasted by Kendrick..
And pls don't compare drake and tupac wen talking about consistency..
As a radio host recently put it while addressing d drake and Joe bidden beef..70% of drakes fans wear high heels the other 30% are guys who wear sandals..
Not taking away anything from drake but facts are facts don't leave a permanent lip print on his ass with all dat ass kissing

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
crazygod:
Both are intelligent. Kendrick's lyrics are more deep though but his beats can be boring at times. This is what drake uses as a leverage. Drake knows the right beats for the right type of song which makes him more successful commercially.

Drake is not as intelliegent as Kendrick. People just love Drake especially the ladies because he is the type of man they want. He worships women in his lyrics. Kendrick raps about life.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2017
sEGXY2:
Drake vs Kendrick?

What you smoking niggga?Dry Okra?

First of all Drake does not write his own rap, Even at that his bars are weak as thick, you should be comparing drake to young thug, rich hommie quantum and the likes

They ain't the same level bro

You spoke my mind bro. Op is high on some expired weed. Comparing Drake and Kendrick is disrespectful to new school rap. If he was comparing Kendrick Lamar to J. Cole, Jay Electronica and the likes would have still relate.

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2017
bellefidel:
well both artists are good........
but comparing drake to Kendrick Lamar is not comparable:
DRAKE his songs fits every mood u are in••••
while Kendrick Lamar some of his song is soo boring and dull
my own opinion thuo

Take your word back to where it came from. Kendrick Lamar inspires in his songs, from Overly Dedicated to Section80 to good kid, mAAd city to ToPimpAButterfly to untitled unmastered he as been consistent.

Kendrick is a better story teller, talks and raps about life while Drake just sing for the ladies. Even Obama admitted he diggs Kendrick.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 13, 2017
chuksisaac:
Why u feel kendrick songs are borin for the is because u're an average listener of hiphop and you don't know anything about hiphop....N:B kendrick and jcole songs are made for ppl that understand and know good lyrics ..,..not for ur errday joe....lemmi giv u guys an assignment...listen to all of jcole songs...read d lyrics online....go to a website wre they can interprete it for u....come back ere and argue

Tell them bro.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2017
Hussl3r:
See reasonable comments.....when dd NL gt so matured.....btw King Kendrick all d way

Yes, King Kendrick.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 13, 2017
ba7man:

You hit the nail right on the head.

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2017
souloho19:

Guy..don't be so loud when speaking off point check d review of poetic justice..yea even fucking problems drake got roasted by Kendrick..
And pls don't compare drake and tupac wen talking about consistency..
As a radio host recently put it while addressing d drake and Joe bidden beef..70% of drakes fans wear high heels the other 30% are guys who wear sandals..
Not taking away anything from drake but facts are facts don't leave a permanent lip print on his ass with all dat ass kissing
You're whack bro. Maybe u should take ur own advise? Don't be soo loud when showing your ignorance

If i'm "ass-kissing" drake (by being a big fan) then what are ya'll doing? Oh it's not ass-kissing when you supporting kendricks, coles, jayz's??

Ya'll are just clowns honestly speaking

Only Sissy niqqas love drakes music? But I bet u know EVERY LINE TO EVERY DRAKE HIT! But hey u not a fan grin

If u know me or my scores you'd know I ain't no 'pusssy', but gimme rick Ross, Snoop Dogg, kendrick et al anyday and I'd line em up behind drake cos i'm only into real music.

Not wannabe gangsta rappers who feeding off people's ignorance, heck schoolboy Q a solid crip but loves rapping about fucking chicks... hey its ok right? Since he ain't talking about 'loving' em??

You're quoting a hardcore the game fan here! So my love for drake is his 'daring to be different, daring to change hip hop ideology'
Drake has succeeded where LL cool J failed.

Kendrick roasted drake on 'fucking problems'? Omo wetin u smoke na?? At worst shit was a draw

Drake changed the culture and b4 u say na lie abeg go bump j.cole's latest joint! then go to the 'pre drake' era and show me rappers who 'bear their hearts out' show their vulnerabilities?? Speak softly?? Yet cole gets props for that album.

So cole can drop 'apparently'. And it's ok? But drake can't? Lmao

You lousy folks keep hating on the boy drake but suck up to k.dot when he drops TPAB with a indie sound?? Bt hate on drake when he uses a raggaeton flow on views?? Smh

I leave u with ONE SIMPLE QUESTION:

How come and I repeat HOW COME in almost 4? 5 years since k.dot n cole( supposed best budz) came onto the scene...they haven't featured eachother?

I await your answer oh great old wise head of hip hop!
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2017
souloho19:

Oga quiet! Feeding what soul?

Pls list your favourite rappers and tell me how they 'fed your soul'

Don't come here thinking u quoting a novice

Every zone south east west heck even up north (detroit HQ) got their type of flows.

Once again list your favourite rappers and tell me how they 'fed your soul'
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by souloho19(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2017
LorDBolton:

You're whack bro. Maybe u should take ur own advise? Don't be soo loud whenarhowing your ignorance

If i'm "ass-kissing" drake (by being a big fan) then what are ya'll doing? Oh it's not ass-kissing when you supporting kendricks, coles, jayz's??

Ya'll are just clowns honestly speaking

Only Sissy niqqas love drakes music? But I bet u know EVERY LINE TO EVERY DRAKE HIT! But hey u not a fan grin

If u know me or my scores you'd know I ain't no 'pusssy', but gimme rick Ross, Snoop Dogg, kendrick et al anyday and I'd line em up behind drake cos i'm only into real music.

Not wannabe gangsta rappers who feeding off people's ignorance, heck schoolboy Q a solid crip but loves rapping about fucking chicks... hey its ok right? Since he ain't talking about 'loving' em??

You're quoting a hardcore the game fan here! So my love for drake is his 'daring to be different, daring to change hip hop ideology'
Drake has succeeded where LL cool J failed.

Kendrick roasted drake on 'fucking problems'? Omo wetin u smoke na?? At worst shit was a draw

Drake changed the culture and b4 u say na lie abeg go bump j.cole's latest joint! then go to the 'pre drake' era and show me rappers who 'bear their hearts out' show their vulnerabilities?? Speak softly?? Yet cole gets props for that album.

So cole can drop 'apparently'. And it's ok? But drake can't? Lmao

You lousy folks keep hating on the boy drake but suck up to k.dot when he drops TPAB with a indie sound?? Bt hate on drake when he uses a raggaeton flow on views?? Smh

I leave u with ONE SIMPLE QUESTION:

How come and I repeat HOW COME in almost 4? 5 years since k.dot n cole( supposed best budz) came onto the scene...they haven't featured eachother?

I await your answer oh great old wise head of hip hop!
Wise and great true bruv..but not yet old pls check out temptation by Kendrick and j. Cole(dat joint is almost 3 years old and yea Kendrick slew it) j.Cole has been producing Kendricks songs from 'hii power - the jig is up'
Bruv I speak facts undiluted with emotion drakes real talent is in his pop songs rap wise he is no where near Kendricks league..hell or cole's
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2017
LorDBolton I see you're a die hard fan of Drake jst like I'm a die hard fan of Kendrick & J. Cole.

Truth be told if it was Drake that released an album like J. Cole's 4 Your Eyez Only, Guess What? I'm still going to criticize Drake.

Why I don't like Drake is coz he's too emotional and he's always conscious about what he puts on his tracks but dat changed after he released "If You Are Reading This, It's..."

Talking about talent I give it to Drake, he can sing, rap even switch between different genre and Drake is the only rapper dat release 2 mixtape & it was turned in2 an album by the fan/grammy and the music sceen but Truth be told if we are talking about Rap/Content/Lyricsist I give it to Kendrick, K.dot is still one of the best Lyricsist we have today. Drake tells story but not as content wise as you'll find in Kendrick songs. I will love you to listen to this track "Collect Calls" by Kendrick.

There is a reason Ra (Rakim) is termed the best or 1 of the best rapper in history.

Reception Is Everything.
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by souloho19(m): 11:44am On Jan 13, 2017
Iuote author=LorDBolton post=52767880]

Every zone south east west heck even up north (detroit HQ) got their type of flows.

Once again list your favourite rappers and tell me how they 'fed your soul' [/quote]
The term "music is the food for the soul" is not just an empty phrase. Oga Ade I can see or soul is malnourished I wonder if u "read music or just scheme thru it"
No worries bro I cld prescribe a few;
Ab_soul: longterm mentality,control system,dwtw
Isiah rashad:clivia demo
Vic Mensa:innanetape
Chance the rapper: colouring book
Vince staples
I sldnt still add k.dot and j.Cole but e be lyk say u stubborn so every sh*t released by both of dem till date.pay close attention to j.Cole's 'false prophet'
P.s if u still have ur views fine..but those views are not from d 6 cos dey lack d no 6
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 11:48am On Jan 13, 2017
souloho19:
Iuote author=LorDBolton post=52767880]

Once again list your favourite rappers and tell me how they 'fed your soul'
The term "music is the food for the soul" is not just an empty phrase. Oga Ade I can see or soul is malnourished I wonder if u "read music or just scheme thru it"
No worries bro I cld prescribe a few;
Ab_soul: longterm mentality,control system,dwtw
Isiah rashad:clivia demo
Vic Mensa:innanetape
Chance the rapper: colouring book
Vince staples
I sldnt still add k.dot and j.Cole but e be lyk say u stubborn so every sh*t released by both of dem till date.pay close attention to j.Cole's 'false prophet'
P.s if u still have ur views fine..but those views are not from d 6 cos dey lack d no 6

Jeez dude you're actually mentioning new rappers!

So I replied a newbie to hip hop?

The 19 on your moniker references your age? Honestly bruv?? Bye
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2017
souloho19 leave LorDBolton alone, I don give am hin reply, the guy is so obsessed with Drake that he no longer listens to any other rapper sing.

Talking about Ab-Soul, have you heard his latest joint (DWTW album) ?
Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
tobijoshua:
LorDBolton I see you're a die hard fan of Drake jst like I'm a die hard fan of Kendrick & J. Cole.

Truth be told if it was Drake that released an album like J. Cole's 4 Your Eyez Only, Guess What? I'm still going to criticize Drake.

Why I don't like Drake is coz he's too emotional and he's always conscious about what he puts on his tracks but dat changed after he released "If You Are Reading This, It's..."

Talking about talent I give it to Drake, he can sing, rap even switch between different genre and Drake is the only rapper dat release 2 mixtape & it was turned in2 an album by the fan/grammy and the music sceen but Truth be told if we are talking about Rap/Content/Lyricsist I give it to Kendrick, K.dot is still one of the best Lyricsist we have today. Drake tells story but not as content wise as you'll find in Kendrick songs. I will love you to listen to this track "Collect Calls" by Kendrick.

There is a reason Ra (Rakim) is termed the best or 1 of the best rapper in history.

Reception Is Everything.

You're right, kdot got madt content

I started listening to kdot after hearing him flow on 'the red album track--- the city

Downloaded section 80 n was impressed too

But now here's the thing...kdot raps about HIS LIFE

Same with drake

That's the thing about music... music is a basically a mode of expressing ones thoughts, ideas, beliefs, experiences etc

Now drake didn't grow up in the hood, didn't belong to any gangs, didn't loose friends to gang violence, heck he grew up in a good neighbourhood with a loving mama

So what exactly is he supposed to rap about?

Basically kdot got a better content cos he got a better story to tell grin grin

drake HAS NEVER REALLY been a conscious rapper .

That's why I get perturbed when people hate on drake for being drake, know why hip hop is closely affiliated to R&B? Cos b4 drake came hip hop cats used to regularly feature R&B artist to help out for choruses grin

Now thanks to drake, everybody (even kendrick) dey sing their own hook/chorus most times grin

No qualms if ya'll say he ain't one of the greats...but don't call him a whack rapper, that's disrespectful to hip hop as an art

1 Like

Re: Drake Vs Kendrick Lamar Who Is Better In All Aspects? by LorDBolton(m): 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
tobijoshua:
souloho19 leave Lor.DBolton alone, I don give am hin reply, the guy is so obsessed with Drake that he no longer listens to any other rapper sing.

Talking about Ab-Soul, have you heard his latest joint (DWTW album) ?

Lols funny I listen to a lot of hip hop out there.

Even our naija hip hop presently been bumping this cat on repeat for close to 4 days now.

try downloading this track-. Artist: Hotyce- the man

Had to follow him on twitter sef cos it's been a while I heard naija guys drop a good hip hop track

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[DOWNLOAD] Tim Godfrey – So Good | Audio Hit The Air In Another Dimension / Top Radio 90.9 Fm Contact Address? / Download - Davido - Fia [new Music]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.