Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

*africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote Plots Arsenal Takeover Within Four Years* - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / *africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote Plots Arsenal Takeover Within Four Years* (359 Views)

Africa’s Richest Man Aliko Dangote Reveals Plan For Arsenal Takeover / FOOTBALL : Aliko Dangote Will Return For Arsenal Takeover. / Top 20 Richest Football Players In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

*africa's Richest Man Aliko Dangote Plots Arsenal Takeover Within Four Years* by soccerecho(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
The 59-year-old, a self-professed Gunners fan, will become the first African owner of a Premier League club if his takeover bid is successful

*_Business magnate Aliko Dangote wants to buy Arsenal_*

Aliko Dangote , a successful Nigerian businessman with a reported worth of $10.9billion, outlined his plans in an interview with Bloomberg Television in New York on Wednesday.

The 59-year-old, a self-professed Arsenal supporter, will become the first African owner of a Premier League club if his takeover bid is successful.

However, after losing $4.4billion this year mainly due to the depreciation of Nigeria's currency, he is waiting for his finances to improve before attempting to buy the club.

*Dangote said:*

“It’s not about buying Arsenal and just continuing with business as usual,”

“It’s about buying Arsenal and turning it around. I’ve run a very successful business and I think I can also run a very successful team."

"Right now, with what we’re facing, over $20 billion of projects, I cannot do both.”

Stan Kroenke, Arsenal's current majority shareholder with a 66% stake in the club, has an estimated worth of $8billion.

(1) (Reply)

EUROPA LEAGUE: Emenike On Song, Ndidi Stars As Imoh, Ideye, Igiegbor Crash With / Adepoju Named As La Liga Ambassador / Manchester United Sign Wayne Rooney’s Six-year-old Son Kai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.