Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,240 members, 7,953,908 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com (3195 Views)

Please Who Hosts With Globalhosting247.com / Why You Shouldn’t Rely On One Internet Service Provider / Globalhosting247.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by kennykendo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello house,
The issue of placing money over value by Nigerian businesses, actually causes a lot of people to think thrice about doing business in Nigeria.
A reputable web hosting company in Nigeria by the name globalhosting247.com has actually made me regret hosting on their servers. angry
Not going against rule 8 when it comes to creating a thread on nairaland, which says and I quote "Don't post false information on Nairaland", I am bringing this to the notice of the public to be aware of pitfalls if they decide to host with the above webhosting company.

2months ago I decided to host a website on globalhosting247, after having gone through nairaland, I got an info where an op said you need to first 'test' web hosting companies by buying their basic plan. I followed that advice and that's how I found myself with Globalhosting247. No doubt they may have a good reputation but, I believe in placing value over money because, the good name will give u referrals who will always patronize you and it is more like a long term investment.

1. Globalhosting247 may have a good customer service, but most of them do not understand or know a little bit of solutions to the problems their clients face. I woke up one morning to discover that on my cpanel, the wordpress software installer SOFTACULOUS had been removed. Without informing their clients, it was removed, I had plans of installing WordPress so as to overhaul the site but, with what I noticed that morning, it was not funny. I contacted customer care and all they could say was, they were carrying out an upgrade and had to remove it, without telling this to their clients. I had to install WordPress manually via FTP software that took me an hour due to the epileptic network in our country.
2. This same Globalhosting247 today, didn't pass a circular, to tell their clients that they were upgrading or working on their servers, as I am typing this, two web sites my clients paid me to host&design are down. angry Now you know that people are different character wise, they have been calling me and only one outbox the two understands it wasn't my fault. The other rained abuses on me like I was her Armageddon.. I had to refund her the money I took for designing the web site just to be on a safe side, undecidedI equally transferred her domain to another web hosting company whogohost based on her request.
3. I don't doubt that I am not the only client they may have, but their customer service response is slow.. And the tickets I opened with them most have never been answered...
4. We all know that the bed rock of every website is it's cpanel... On 4 instances, cpanel passwords of the sites I hosted with them changed automatically, by whom? They don't know. angry
5. Their webmail services are not trustworthy..a friend sent me a mail via the webmail services they provide. It took 4hours for the mail to get to me.
6. If you visit their homepage, for you will come across the site builder pro feature they supposedly offer. Buy log into your client area and try to access it..they will tell you no site builder software installed. I contacted customer care and I got a first reply with the message we don't have such feature, but we intend to install it soon.. Another message I got later was, dear customer we are sorry we used to have it but for a while now we took it down.. I wonder why they still have the option on their website home page
I am really sorry if any of their affiliate(s) is/are reading this. The truth they say is bitter and hurts.
If anyone has plans of hosting with them, please bare your mind for disappointments.

If anyone here can vouch for any reputable web hosting company please quote me, because I haven't just lost money, I have lost self control and I am so vexed that I can sleep the life out of any of them I jam right now.
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by jonnyboy4u: 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sorry about your issues and disappointing experiences with these hosts.

I use QServers.net and they are very good, I recommend them to people all the time because I know them well. I've been with them for over 5 years and I've seen them become the most preferred hosting company in Nigeria today.

All customers I've sent to them haven't complained apart from them not offering unlimited disk and bandwidth packages which foreign hosts do.

You can use their monthly starter package for N350 to test their services and I can tell you that you won't be disappointed.

All the best!
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by TooDapper(m): 8:49am On Oct 13, 2016
jonnyboy4u:
Sorry about your issues and disappointing experiences with these hosts.

kennykendo:
Hello house

Hello guys, I need your advice, I plan on buying a domain name for my blog though am not ready to lunch the blog yet, am just trying to own the domain name since its still free, I wouldn't want someone else to buy it when am ready to lunch the blog. please how do I go about it??
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by ukche: 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2017
Please house, is it possible to change the hosting for an existing CMS website, and how?
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by betahost247(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
TooDapper:

Hello guys, I need your advice, I plan on buying a domain name for my blog though am not ready to lunch the blog yet, am just trying to own the domain name since its still free, I wouldn't want someone else to buy it when am ready to lunch the blog. please how do I go about it??

Hello,

We can put you through on how to make purchase of domain name on our sites.

Visit: http://www.betahost247.com/billing/domainchecker.php to place your order

Or

Call and Add Us on WhatsApp Messenger to chat with our Customer Care: 08035226795

Thank you

Regards,
Beta Host Limited Sales Team
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by betahost247(m): 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
kennykendo:
Hello house,
The issue of placing money over value by Nigerian businesses, actually causes a lot of people to think thrice about doing business in Nigeria.
A reputable web hosting company in Nigeria by the name globalhosting247.com has actually made me regret hosting on their servers. angry
Not going against rule 8 when it comes to creating a thread on nairaland, which says and I quote "Don't post false information on Nairaland", I am bringing this to the notice of the public to be aware of pitfalls if they decide to host with the above webhosting company.

2months ago I decided to host a website on globalhosting247, after having gone through nairaland, I got an info where an op said you need to first 'test' web hosting companies by buying their basic plan. I followed that advice and that's how I found myself with Globalhosting247. No doubt they may have a good reputation but, I believe in placing value over money because, the good name will give u referrals who will always patronize you and it is more like a long term investment.

1. Globalhosting247 may have a good customer service, but most of them do not understand or know a little bit of solutions to the problems their clients face. I woke up one morning to discover that on my cpanel, the wordpress software installer SOFTACULOUS had been removed. Without informing their clients, it was removed, I had plans of installing WordPress so as to overhaul the site but, with what I noticed that morning, it was not funny. I contacted customer care and all they could say was, they were carrying out an upgrade and had to remove it, without telling this to their clients. I had to install WordPress manually via FTP software that took me an hour due to the epileptic network in our country.
2. This same Globalhosting247 today, didn't pass a circular, to tell their clients that they were upgrading or working on their servers, as I am typing this, two web sites my clients paid me to host&design are down. angry Now you know that people are different character wise, they have been calling me and only one outbox the two understands it wasn't my fault. The other rained abuses on me like I was her Armageddon.. I had to refund her the money I took for designing the web site just to be on a safe side, undecidedI equally transferred her domain to another web hosting company whogohost based on her request.
3. I don't doubt that I am not the only client they may have, but their customer service response is slow.. And the tickets I opened with them most have never been answered...
4. We all know that the bed rock of every website is it's cpanel... On 4 instances, cpanel passwords of the sites I hosted with them changed automatically, by whom? They don't know. angry
5. Their webmail services are not trustworthy..a friend sent me a mail via the webmail services they provide. It took 4hours for the mail to get to me.
6. If you visit their homepage, for you will come across the site builder pro feature they supposedly offer. Buy log into your client area and try to access it..they will tell you no site builder software installed. I contacted customer care and I got a first reply with the message we don't have such feature, but we intend to install it soon.. Another message I got later was, dear customer we are sorry we used to have it but for a while now we took it down.. I wonder why they still have the option on their website home page
I am really sorry if any of their affiliate(s) is/are reading this. The truth they say is bitter and hurts.
If anyone has plans of hosting with them, please bare your mind for disappointments.

If anyone here can vouch for any reputable web hosting company please quote me, because I haven't just lost money, I have lost self control and I am so vexed that I can sleep the life out of any of them I jam right now.

Hello,

So sorry to hear about that, My Name is Musa from Beta Host Limited.

Beta Host provides Reliable, Affordable and Web hosting company in Nigeria starting @ N3,500/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable linux web servers with Datacenters close to you..

We guarantee our commitment to quality. Satisfy your need for speed and keep your wallet happy too. We combine SSD technology with the latest hardware, to bring you revved-up site performance that comes in under budget. In most cases, our Web Hosting is 50% faster than the other guys..

Why not try us today and you will never regret having us as one of your favorite web hosting provider:

http://www.betahost247.com/webhosting.html

Hope to have you as one of our premium customer.

You can give us a call on 08035226795 or add us on WhatsApp Messenger to chat with our Customer Care Representative.

Thank you
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by betahost247(m): 7:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
ukche:
Please house, is it possible to change the hosting for an existing CMS website, and how?

Hello,

We can help move your account to a secure location on our server.

Visit us at: http://www.betahost247.com or give a call on 08035226795 you can also add us on WhatsApp Messenger to chat with our Customer Care Representative
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by yomalex(m): 9:23pm On Jan 30, 2017
ukche:
yes you simply migrate. Need help? Send PM
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by zegesam: 5:34am On Apr 29, 2020
My experience with them even 4 years after your post is still the same. I wish i have seen this your post before now. I would not have make such mistakes of using them as my host. cry
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by betahost247(m): 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
zegesam:
My experience with them even 4 years after your post is still the same. I wish i have seen this your post before now. I would not have make such mistakes of using them as my host. cry

Hello,

We can help move your account to a secure location on our server.

Visit us at: http://www.betahost247.com or give a call on 08035226795 you can also add us on WhatsApp Messenger to chat with our Customer Care Representative
Re: Please Do Not Rely On Globalhosting247.com by betahost247(m): 4:06am On Apr 30, 2020
Venb0b0:

Hello,

How do you mean sir. Have you ever had an issue of hosting with us, if so kindly indicate as all previous issue raise by Customer's are resolve without delay.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Contact for Events Planning / Can You Incorporate Forum In A Blog / How Would You Better Your Country's Official Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.