Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? (540 Views)

Why Jesus Wept / Spirit Meat: The Odds That God Works With (2) - John 11:1-45 / Our Daily Bread Thursday April 21 2016 <*> Jesus Wept <*> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pls my people, it's very rare for me to read the word of God. But today, I carried it and as I was reading, I got to John 11:35.. Where Jesus wept bcoz of Lazarus.. My question goes thus;

1. Why did Jesus wept when he will stop be the one to wake Lazarus??

2. Did Jesus prefer Mary to Martha, as In I think Christ was more opened to Mary than Martha?

Pls my main question still remains, why did Jesus weep wen his mission was coming to wake Lazarus from death?
Re: John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by greatnaija01: 8:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zizaboni:
Pls my people, it's very rare for me to read the word of God. But today, I carried it and as I was reading, I got to John 11:35.. Where Jesus wept bcoz of Lazarus.. My question goes thus;

1. Why did Jesus wept when he will stop be the one to wake Lazarus??

2. Did Jesus prefer Mary to Martha, as In I think Christ was more opened to Mary than Martha?

Pls my main question still remains, why did Jesus weep wen his mission was coming to wake Lazarus from death?

pls read the bible often so u dont openly show your ignorance... and go to A TRUE BIBLE TEACHING CHURCH AND JOIN THEM NOT A MIRACLE CENTRE O... THEY WILL HELP U COS AT YOUR LEVEL YOUR QUESTIONS WILL KNOW NO END AND MORE CONFUSION WILL COME TO U UNLESS U R TRULY BORN AGAIN AND FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT OF GOD.....

cos these questions if typed in google have been answered many times....

Jesus didnt weep cos of lazarus... read what happened or who he spoke to just before he wept... so stop twisting things oooo

also

READ n STUDY how both women approached n spoke to JESUS then u will know why he answered them differently...

bless u. IF ITS ARGUMENT U SEEK... IT WONT WORK HERE.
Re: John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2016
Please no one shud use this post as a point of argument... To the poster above me, what I dnt know I ask... I have heard of this but the word of God is ever bringing new things... U will always learn new things... Pls am not using it as a reference to argument, I only need few explanation... I wish I had time to go to theology school, I wud have coz I need to know many things... Nevertheless, I seek peace.. Brother
Re: John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by Payper(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zizaboni:
Please no one shud use this post as a point of argument... To the poster above me, what I dnt know I ask... I have heard of this but the word of God is ever bringing new things... U will always learn new things... Pls am not using it as a reference to argument, I only need few explanation... I wish I had time to go to theology school, I wud have coz I need to know many things... Nevertheless, I seek peace.. Brother
Yeah John.11:35 is the shortest verse in the Bible but its packed with enormous complexities.
Jesus wept at Lazarus's tomb for a few possible reasons:
1) His Compassion for the suffering of man:
Jesus showed how compassionate He's towards the suffering of man here on planet earth. Remember accordung to the scriptures He grieved with Lazarus's sisters Mary and Martha, Jesus weeping at Lazarus's tomb denotes the grief the Father feels at the sufferings of His children.

2) The Calamity of Sin:
Sin grieves God greatly as well as death (which is the wages of sin). Death has consumed every living being God has created except a few and death was about to take Jesus too in a short while. Tears of anger and longing was mixed with Jesus' tears of grief.

3)The cost of Redemption.
A third reason for weeping was the cost that he was about to
pay to purchase not only Lazarus’s short-term resurrection,
but his everlasting life. The cross was just days away and no
one really knew the inner distress Jesus was experiencing
( Luke 12:50). Lazarus’s resurrection would look and be
experienced by Lazarus and everyone else as a gift of grace.
But, oh, it was not free. Jesus was going to die a horrific
death to purchase it.
Re: John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Payper:

Yeah John.11:35 is the shortest verse in the Bible but its packed with enormous complexities.
Jesus wept at Lazarus's tomb for a few possible reasons:
1) His Compassion for the suffering of man:
Jesus showed how compassionate He's towards the suffering of man here on planet earth. Remember accordung to the scriptures He grieved with Lazarus's sisters Mary and Martha, Jesus weeping at Lazarus's tomb denotes the grief the Father feels at the sufferings of His children.

2) The Calamity of Sin:
Sin grieves God greatly as well as death (which is the wages of sin). Death has consumed every living being God has created except a few and death was about to take Jesus too in a short while. Tears of anger and longing was mixed with Jesus' tears of grief.

3)The cost of Redemption.
A third reason for weeping was the cost that he was about to
pay to purchase not only Lazarus’s short-term resurrection,
but his everlasting life. The cross was just days away and no
one really knew the inner distress Jesus was experiencing
( Luke 12:50). Lazarus’s resurrection would look and be
experienced by Lazarus and everyone else as a gift of grace.
But, oh, it was not free. Jesus was going to die a horrific
death to purchase it.

Wow.. More wisdom sir.. I really learned from this.. Thank u... I wud stil welcome more.. Sir /ma
Re: John 11:35, Jesus Wept. Can Someone Please Explain? by Payper(m): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Zizaboni:

Wow.. More wisdom sir.. I really learned from this.. Thank u... I wud stil welcome more.. Sir /ma
I'm male. You are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

The Woman Who Was So Patient To Stack These Groundnuts / The Madness Ongoing In Kaduna State. / A Message For The Open-minded Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.