Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

From Almajiri To Turkish International College - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / From Almajiri To Turkish International College (481 Views)

Almajiri Brutally Flogged In Kano For Too Much Roaming Around (Photo) / Man Picks Almajiri Children From The Street And Transformed Their Lives (Photos) / Almajiri, Adamu Tilde Graduates From Hungary University (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Almajiri To Turkish International College by mrrights: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2016
FROM ALMAJIRI TO TURKISH INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE

Kindly read through:

"In 2009, inspired by the philanthropic efforts of great minds like col Sani Bello (rtd), I founded The SARDAUNA MEDIA CHILD DESTITUTION ERADICATION FOUNDATION as an NGO with a objective to take children off the streets, into classroom; to help make up for their disadvantaged position of no western literacy of any kind. This we did by giving intensive teaching aimed at bringing them up to peer with their contemporaries.
For good measure, we took twenty four children off the streets. Besides, Zaria being my home town, the choice of Zaria as a launch pad is strategic because of the reputation of Zaria as an Islamic knowledge centre in Africa which therefore attracts the influx of many children seeking knowledge but end up being destitute.
I have good news for you, one of our boys came first in the Kaduna State NECO primary school leaving certificate. This made NNPC/SPENCO to award him a full scholarship at the Nigerian Turkish International College. An Almajiri is today in the high profile secondary school! Six others have been offered admission into the Federal Government College, Kaduna State. We are preparing the rest to also write next year.
Over the years, we have funded the foundation through a percentage of revenues of Focal Point Cleaners Limited @focalpointcleaners, Focal Point Publishing Limited and Focal Point Constructions Limited. I will like to thank every customer of our various businesses for your patronage. I want you to be very proud of what your patronage has achieved. You have touched lives while getting your clothes washed or while giving us printing or construction contracts. We have kept funding this close so as not to be seen as one of those NGOs with sinister motives. We later started accepting food donations from the National Emergency Management Agency under the leadership of Alhaji Sani Sidi over the last 3 years.
In recent times, I have received several messages and phone calls from well meaning Nigerians who want to contribute their own quota. I have therefore decided to open this opportunity to Nigerians to contribute towards the well-being of these kids. Attached is the admission letters of the boys and the school fees of each standing at N83000. You can decide to contribute as low as N1 or as high as you may wish. You can also decide to take up the sponsorship of one of the boys through secondary school.
Before you decide to contribute, I urge you to look through the pictures and brochures and you may contribute through the account below:
Account Name: Sardauna Child Destitution Eradication Foundation
Bank Name: Unity Bank
Account No: 0021691726
Thank you as you donate, share and broadcast this post" - Hassan Rilwan

1 Like

Re: From Almajiri To Turkish International College by mrrights: 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
grin

(1) (Reply)

Parental Extortion... / Just For Students Looking For A Means Of Making Little Money / All Ui Aspirant,have You Check Your Screening Score If Yes Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.