Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! (804 Views)

Soldier Brutalizes Edo Corper For Leaving Parade Ground During POP Rehearsals / Male Corper Proposes To Fellow Corper: In The Spirit Of Val (Pics) / A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! by olujuwonj(m): 9:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Fellow Nigerians, I crave your support and please make this issue a matter of concern. Anything we tolerate remains if nothing is done about it. this is why we should not keep quiet about the planned postponement of the batch B stream 2 corp members passing out.

First: all ID cards expires on 6th OCTOBER 2016 and claiming that you are a corp member with the security agencies and especially present security challenges of the nation.

Secondly: so many of these corpers have made plans to move forward with their lives; some of which might include search for employment opportunities (eg: they wouldn’t have an opportunity to apply for employment slated to close before Nov 4th, eg: FIRS closes Oct 10th, Federal Civil Service recruitment was out Sept 19th and would last 6 weeks ), furtherance of education,...etc. the postponement will therefore irreparably damage a lot of things

Thirdly: These corpers we all batch B and have been treated as such since, proposing a different passing out date for stream 1 and stream 2 batch B is not only discriminatory but also unfairly prejudicial.

More over the scheme constitutionally can only keeps corp member for 12 months, NOVEMBER to NOVEMBER is 13 months and will not include the official 3 weeks terminal leave, which isn’t constitutional.

I therefore crave the indulgence of the general public, federal government agencies, non-governmental organizations, the house of senate and the presidency, to please, use their good offices and therefore intervene in this situation

1 Like

Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! by BibiBasy(f): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2016
Corper we!!!
My dear senior colleague, I'm a 16A corp member. NYSC ought to be a 12-month thing. please have you calculated the allowance you've received/will receive, if it's up to 12 months?
if 15B-1 entered camp in Oct. & 15B-2 entered camp in Nov., i see no reason why they should have same passing out date.
I entered camp in April 2016, you don't expect stream 2, who entered camp in June to pass out same date us.
please don't allow anger cloud your judgement
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! by olujuwonj(m): 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
BibiBasy:
Corper we!!!
My dear senior colleague, I'm a 16A corp member. NYSC ought to be a 12-month thing. please have you calculated the allowance you've received/will receive, if it's up to 12 months?
if 15B-1 entered camp in Oct. & 15B-2 entered camp in Nov., i see no reason why they should have same passing out date.
I entered camp in April 2016, you don't expect stream 2, who entered camp in June to pass out same date us.
please don't allow anger cloud your judgement

well, let me make some clarification, batch A ought to pass out before October 6th of course they were relieved of their official responsibilities from various PPAs before now. as a matter of fact POP should be before the expiration of the NYSC ID cards. we were only speculating that at most we (batch B stream 2 corpers) wouldn't be kept latter than October 6th because it exceeds 12 months. and please i dont think there is a bit of anger in my tone, i only notice an abnormality and i have every right to complain. or what is the possibility that GMBA spends over 4years in office, or a possibility of just one extra week under normal circumstances. lets embrace democracy and say the fact when we ought to, NYSC has only displayed incompetency by exceeding a calendar year as stipulated by The National Youth Service Corps Decree No. 24 which has now been repealed and replaced by Decree 51 of 16th June 1993.

Therefore let us not deceive ourselves and stand for what ought to be done not how or what is being done! Especially in this era of change and "Corruption, NOT in my Country"
Re: Fellow Nigerians, Its HIGH Time We Stood Our Ground And Say NO! by Problemsolver14: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello corpers/everyone.. If you want to be reposted to the state of your choice.. Pls email problemsolver1004@gmail.com. So I can give you the break down. Terms and conditions apply. Pls for serious people only. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Attention 2016 Batch B Prospective Corps Members / Change Of Date Of Birth On Nysc / Nysc 2016 Batch B (stream 2) Call-up Letter Available – How To Print

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.