Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm (601 Views)

LIVE: Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal / Amodu Shuaibu’s Son, Suleman, Dies At 12 / English Premier League LIVE: Manchester United Vs Arsenal 01:30 PM (2) (3) (4)

LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2016
Manchester United will attempt to respond from back-to-back Premier League defeats when they welcome champions Leicester City to Old Trafford in a key match on Saturday afternoon.
The Red Devils have lost their last two league games to Manchester City and Watford, although
Jose Mourinho's side (seventh) do sit above Leicester (11th) in the table , with the Foxes only managing seven points from five fixtures this term.

Man United
It was all pretty rosy for Man United in the early weeks of the season, with a Community Shield triumph followed by Premier League wins over Bournemouth, Southampton and Hull City. However, this is now a really testing period for the 20-time English champions after suffering three defeats in their last four matches in all competitions.

Leicester
It was always going to be a difficult season for Leicester after their stunning Premier League success last term, but Claudio Ranieri 's side have made a solid start to the campaign, which has included their first ever Champions League fixture.

Team News
Anthony Martial revealed that he had taken part in training on Friday after recovering from the head injury that he suffered in last week's clash with Watford, but Mourinho has ruled the Frenchman out of contention with a separate injury.

Wayne Rooney 's position in the team continues to be discussed and it was widely thought that Mourinho would drop his captain from the XI, but Martial's absence should see the England skipper keep his spot. Ander Herrera , meanwhile, could add an extra body in midfield alongside Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini.
Mourinho did not address the injury situation regarding Luke Shaw or Henrikh Mkhitaryan in his press conference, but it is understood that the pair are both available for selection.

As for Leicester, Kasper Schmeichel is expected to return between the sticks after Ranieri revealed that the goalkeeper, who suffered a concussion last week, had taken part in a training session on Thursday, although a muscular problem could yet rule the Dane out.

Nampalys Mendy is still unavailable, however, which will see Daniel Amartey continue in central midfield alongside Danny Drinkwater , who is currently being linked with a return to his former club.

Vardy and Riyad Mahrez were both on the bench for the League Cup clash with Chelsea and should return to the XI, while Slimani is expected to keep out Shinji Okazaki despite the latter's two goals during the week.
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2016
Head To Head
Saturday will be the 123rd meeting between these two teams in all competitions, and Man United lead the head-to-head 61 wins to Leicester's 33. It is actually a rivalry that dates back to September 1894, when Man United recorded a 3-2 victory in Division Two.
The two clubs have also already met this season in the Community Shield and it was Man United that claimed the silverware with a 2-1 victory courtesy of a header from Zlatan Ibrahimovic .
Man United are actually unbeaten in their last seven home Premier League games against the Foxes - recording five wins in the process and only conceding four goals in that time. What's more, Leicester have won on just one of their last 18 league trips to Old Trafford and that success was back in January 1998.
Last season, the two teams played out a 1-1 draw at the King Power Stadium in November, before the same scoreline occurred at Old Trafford in May as Leicester closed in on the Premier League title.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 24, 2016
Ok what's your prediction? angry
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by deeLima86(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by seunny4lif(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Ok what's your prediction? angry
2-1 ManUtd win grin
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by muller101(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2016
United will trash Leicester. Pogba will be on the score sheet.
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Can I watch live on my phone I need it.. I dey wan village I no fit watch tv.. Epp me

Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by firstking01(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2016
Where's mukiba2, food don donegrin
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by firstking01(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2016
I foresaw a draw game
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2016
smithsydny:
Can I watch live on my phone I need it.. I dey wan village I no fit watch tv.. Epp me
Lol.
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
embarassedleicester......sighs

Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dexter231:

Lol.
u dis guy u dey follow me
.. Howfar boss.. Epp me edakun

Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 24, 2016
Dexter231:

2-1 ManUtd win grin
Never angry it's the opposite
Re: LIVE: Manchester United Vs Leicester City at 12:30pm by inalegwu99(m): 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hy Football lovers.......
you can Join ALL FOOTBALL LOVERS WHATSAPP GROUP

We discuss football
We break the news...
We talk transfers...
We cover games and update on latest scores...
And we argue constructively....

To Join, Whtasapp me with this number 08068009915

Scottish Boxer Who Was Knocked Unconscious In The Ring Has Died / 'Ghana Players Struggles Because Players Have Too Much Sex'- Coach / Cristiano Ronaldo's Blog Vs Linda Ikeji's Blog