Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Fruitfulness: Analogy Between You And A Plant - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fruitfulness: Analogy Between You And A Plant (505 Views)

Open Heavens 2017 Thursday 2 February 2017:- Secrets Of Fruitfulness / Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination / Come Experience God At This Sunday's Covenant Day Of Fruitfulness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fruitfulness: Analogy Between You And A Plant by Blessytee(f): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Bible Text=> John 15:1-8.
As the purpose of every plant is to bear fruits. So also,is your purpose to be fruitful. The prerequisite for fruitfulness is growth. There is no way you can bear fruit without growing,just like a plant won’t bear any fruit without germinating.Therefore,there is a need for you to grow. [Read https://wetrainchristians./2016/09/07/die-to-sin-and-grow-analogy-between-you-and-a-seed/ ].
Fruitfulness can be obtained when you continue what makes you grow (i.e. you must abide in Him).
“Abide in me,and I in you.As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself,except it abide in the vine;no more can ye,except ye abide in me…I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him,the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:4-5.
God is never happy with fruitlessness which I term “not bringing forth GOOD fruit.”Fruitfulness is not only bringing forth a fruit,but also,bringing forth a “good” fruit. Matthew 3:10 made me to understand that every tree that does not bring forth “good” fruit will be destroyed. Which fruit do you bear? Do you bear the fruit of righteousness which is void of any form of evil? Examine yourself if you are in the faith –if you abide in Him– (2 Corinthians 13:5).Examine yourself with the word of God,through the help of the Holy Spirit and not by comparing yourself with others. Do not be like the Pharisee in Luke 18:10. [You can use these Bible verses Galatians 5:19-21; Colossians 3:5-8; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Romans 1:29-31; 1 Timothy 1:9-11,etc].
Fruitfulness is not complete without impacting on others. As a plant gives a positive impact on our lives by yielding its fruits. So also,must you impact on other people by telling them the word of God.
What is the purpose of planting when you cannot harvest from the plant after investing your time and energy? Likewise,what is your purpose on earth when you refuse to bear good fruits? Failure to bear good fruit will lead to your damnation (Luke 13:6-9).
“Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away… If a man abide not in me,he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them,and cast them into the fire, and they are burned” John 15:2a,6.
Shalom.
Source: https://wetrainchristians./2016/09/24/fruitfulness-analogy-between-you-and-a-plant/

(1) (Reply)

The Race Of Life. / Nigerian Christian Blog / Religious Impact On Nigeria By-an Unknown Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.