Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination (1269 Views)

Whats Your Take On Freewill? / Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / The Non Existence Of Freewill And The Irrationality Of Divine Punishment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
This idea came to me some days ago while I was having a conversation with a friend of mine who asked me if her frying plantain was "predestined" LOOL. In considering that question, something like a balance between those two concepts came up within me.

Now, let's fry some plantain. (enter the realm of Shadows). Hehe!

Let's take God as the cook, the one who "will have" it that all plantain be fried (Salvation), and come to become Dodo (conformed to the image of His Son). He made ONE plantain sliced (male and female These sliced plantain started giving themselves names - Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, e.t.c) and he called them Adam, he put them batch by batch (generation after generation) in a frying pan filled with hot oil (earth). Now, ALL SLICED PIECES OF PLANTAIN are destined to turn to Dodo through this process; this is the plan of the Cook before the bringing of frying pan and oil (predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son before the foundations of the world).

I hope you're following closely.

This is the will of the Cook; the one who knows the end from the beginning (of course, Plaintain turns to Dodo when fried, so shall all men be conformed to the image of his dear Son). The fryer of all sliced plantain (Savior of all men), for he wouldn't slice that which he wouldn't make a part of the frying (all people are a part of his plan, they go through the salvation process). Now, these sliced pieces of Plaintain do not have a choice in the hot oil (like purifying metal in a furnace, so is man passing through earth).

In this hot oil, these sliced pieces of Plaintain think they have the freewill to either turn brown or not, but they do not know the cook is the one who watches and does the turning to his preferred color (we are kept by the power of God, in Christ, in whom all things consist, live, move and have their Being). Under microscopic inspection, a lot is going on in the frying pan that the fryer has no knowledge about (this is where the illusion of freewill lies). A piece in the oil thinks it is more conformed than the other because it didn't turn out black or burnt, the other feels condemned because it didn't turn out in the fresh brown color of the more righteous Dodo. The illusive idea of freewill and self-righteousness starts to go on in the frying pan even while frying is going on. LOOL.

The grandscheme is the idea of predestination. Eventually, the process of the frying is done, and the goal is achieved. All sliced Plantain (the natural/earthly) turns to Dodo (the second which is spiritual/heavenly), and the cook with Pride ends his frying (then cometh the end... the heaven and the earth shall pass away).

"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly" — 1 Cor 15:49

If I choose now whether to buy iPhone 7 and drink garri for 6months or buy Phantom 6+ and upgrade my drinking to garri and groundnut for 6months, it's a Hoax. If I turn atheist tomorrow or Muslim, yet another Hoax. The grandscheme continues to be unveiled unto the end. Hahaha!

I'm sorry if I made you hungry for some dodo after this thread. LOOL

Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
So in other words there's no free will
So we shouldn't be blamed for our actions
Is it now fair to punish the burnt plantain to die by hanging because they turned out burnt
Are they the ones that cooked themselves?
Abg go sleep jare
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:
So in other words there's no free will
So we shouldn't be blamed for our actions
Is it now fair to punish the burnt plantain to die by hanging because they turned out burnt
Are they the ones that cooked themselves?
Abg go sleep jare

You apparently didn't read my post through, you were just quick to make your comment. No where did I mention "punish" or "blame". Have you ever fried plantain before to blame the burnt plantain on the plantain? Wouldn't you blame yourself for making the plantain burnt? Throughout my talk, the question I was addressing was "Are they the ones that cooked themselves"? We blame Adam, blame the world, blame Judas, blame Hitler, blame the sinners, but my point is, these people didn't create themselves so. So, if at all we should do any blaming, we should blame the one who designed ALL things. But hey! My explanation of plantain frying pretty much shoes, The fryer isn't blaming anything or anybody, he is having fun making his Dodo (conforming all to the image of His Son). Nothing is wrong from the grand view, but everything is wrong from inside the frying pan.
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
pr0blem:

You apparently didn't read my post through, you were just quick to make your comment. No where did I mention "punish" or "blame". Have you ever fried plantain before to blame the burnt plantain on the plantain? Wouldn't you blame yourself for making the plantain burnt? Throughout my talk, the question I was addressing was "Are they the ones that cooked themselves"? We blame Adam, blame the world, blame Judas, blame Hitler, blame the sinners, but my point is, these people didn't create themselves so. So, if at all we should do any blaming, we should blame the one who designed ALL things. But hey! My explanation of plantain frying pretty much shoes, The fryer isn't blaming anything or anybody, he is having fun making his Dodo (conforming all to the image of His Son). Nothing is wrong from the grand view, but everything is wrong from inside the frying pan.
That's what I'm saying. I read your post thoroughly. The fryer doesn't punish them because they didn't cook themselves, right? But the Christian god punishes people to burn eternally.
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

That's what I'm saying. I read your post thoroughly. The fryer doesn't punish them because they didn't cook themselves, right? But the Christian god punishes people to burn eternally.

Of course, the conventional Christian god does.

It's not an attribute of a God who knows what He's doing. It's not an attribute of a God that calls Himself Love. It's not an attribute of a God that says He forgives and is full of mercy. It's not an attribute of a God that says he cannot even recall the offenses of the world. It's not even an attribute of a God that would need to "kill his own son to be able to forgive, and forget".

The real fryer never punishes the plantain for turning out burnt, or for being beautifully brown. All is to the fryer's glory. He praises himself for what HE HAS DONE. Anyone that must boast should boast in what the fryer has done.
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
pr0blem:

Of course, the conventional Christian god does.

It's not an attribute of a God who knows what He's doing. It's not an attribute of a God that calls Himself Love. It's not an attribute of a God that says He forgives and is full of mercy. It's not an attribute of a God that says he cannot even recall the offenses of the world. It's not even an attribute of a God that would need to "kill his own son to be able to forgive, and forget".

The real fryer never punishes the plantain for turning out burnt, or for being beautifully brown. All is to the fryer's glory. He praises himself for what HE HAS DONE. Anyone that must boast should boast in what the fryer has done.
OK, my bad for assuming.
I didn't know you practice another brand of Christianity.
-But first off, why does your god praise himself for what he has done? Isn't that a bit, narcissistic?
-Secondly, in other words, your god is responsible for people's suffering, and there's nothing they can do about it. Can you give me any good reason why people who are suffering should not curse god and spit at the mention of its name?
-Also, if he didn't supposedly send Jesus to die, then why did he send him (assuming Jesus actually existed)
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 1:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

OK, my bad for assuming.
I didn't know you practice another brand of Christianity.
-But first off, why does your god praise himself for what he has done? Isn't that a bit, narcissistic?
-Secondly, in other words, your god is responsible for people's suffering, and there's nothing they can do about it. Can you give me any good reason why people who are suffering should not curse god and spit at the mention of its name?
-Also, if he didn't supposedly send Jesus to die, then why did he send him (assuming Jesus actually existed)

I like your questions. And I'm for no brand of Christianity. I simply used Christianese to speak to the Christians on this forum who keep blaming and condemning people for what and who they are.

It's without question that not all people chose to be where the are. If they had the choice, the would have chosen better than the Universe did for them.

- Consider this, you're God on a small scale. The Universe is a grand scale. Now, you do things like "fry plantain" and you feel good about it. The architect draws a plan and upon completion, he feels good about the accomplishment of his work. The doctor saves a life, and she feels good about the accomplishment of her vision. The cook derives pleasure in preparing a delicious meal. If "Self-admiration" is mistaken for "excessive self-admiration" then the problem is with English and your interpretation of what I said. Unless of course, you have a problem admiring yourself.

- Existence is happening through and as each and everyone of us. We didn't choose to exist, we found ourselves existing. Do you suppose you chose to exist? And the people suffering chose to? If I would blame anything, I will blame Existence, or whatever it is that's behind the play of existence. If that's God, yes, I'll blame God. If you know who it is, tell me... I'll still blame whoever, just as you are.

- Many great philosophers/scientists/spiritualists have proposed the duality in Nature. How that of two things, one must first occur before the other comes. e.g. darkness and light, hate and love, nothingness and the bigbang... I'm however of the opinion that these two things are One. Just like the caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, and the seed transforms into a tree, as a baby transforms into a man and night transforms into day. One must die for the other to express itself. However, upon expression, there's the multiplication effect. Just like light passed through a prism is divided into frequencies or colors. Jesus was simply seeking to enlighten his people (Israelites) how the Universe/Existence is. One thing manifesting itself in ALL things.

Simply put in my own little understanding, if you know better, share and I'll put your words to consideration. But I'm definitely not a man that supports the god of the Bible. I just know I support Love (and I'm for each and everyone of us manifesting as it in different frequencies and colors). In collectedness, sense is made of the whole.
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
pr0blem:

I like your questions. And I'm for no brand of Christianity. I simply used Christianese to speak to the Christians on this forum who keep blaming and condemning people for what and who they are.

It's without question that not all people chose to be where the are. If they had the choice, the would have chosen better than the Universe did for them.

- Consider this, you're God on a small scale. The Universe is a grand scale. Now, you do things like "fry plantain" and you feel good about it. The architect draws a plan and upon completion, he feels good about the accomplishment of his work. The doctor saves a life, and she feels good about the accomplishment of her vision. The cook derives pleasure in preparing a delicious meal. If "Self-admiration" is mistaken for "excessive self-admiration" then the problem is with English and your interpretation of what I said. Unless of course, you have a problem admiring yourself.

- Existence is happening through and as each and everyone of us. We didn't choose to exist, we found ourselves existing. Do you suppose you chose to exist? And the people suffering chose to? If I would blame anything, I will blame Existence, or whatever it is that's behind the play of existence. If that's God, yes, I'll blame God. If you know who it is, tell me... I'll still blame whoever, just as you are.

- Many great philosophers/scientists/spiritualists have proposed the duality in Nature. How that of two things, one must first occur before the other comes. e.g. darkness and light, hate and love, nothingness and the bigbang... I'm however of the opinion that these two things are One. Just like the caterpillar transforms into a butterfly, and the seed transforms into a tree, as a baby transforms into a man and night transforms into day. One must die for the other to express itself. However, upon expression, there's the multiplication effect. Just like light passed through a prism is divided into frequencies or colors. Jesus was simply seeking to enlighten his people (Israelites) how the Universe/Existence is. One thing manifesting itself in ALL things.

Simply put in my own little understanding, if you know better, share and I'll put your words to consideration. But I'm definitely not a man that supports the god of the Bible. I just know I support Love (and I'm for each and everyone of us manifesting as it in different frequencies and colors). In collectedness, sense is made of the whole.
-OK, nice. Yes, I feel good when I accomplish things. But the supposed omnipotent, omniscient, omniprescent, creator of the universe who is the EPITOME OF PERFECTION should not make mistakesm. He shouldn't be capable of having any burnt dodo when frying. Because he's supposed to be perfect.
-Another thing I want to add is that you're basically implying that life isn't fair, and there is nothing we can do about it. Now when you fry dodo and some turn out good, while some turn out bad, the plantain is a non living thing so the burnt Ines can't complain. But when you give the plantain the ability to think and feel, isn't that evil and wicked? To allow some plantain actually feel the pain of getting burnt and watching their mates turn out into perfect brown dodo? If they are allowed to blame the fryer, what good does it do them when the fryer isn't even visible or available? Why would the fryer, who is supposed to be the number one chef is the world, allow some of his did to get burnt? And give them the ability to feel and endure the pain of getting burnt, then getting thrown in the trash?
-Lastly, you said you don't believe that god will throw people in hell since it isn't their fault. Then, what happens when we die? Will you both send me, and the person who killed me to the same heaven? What explanation do you want to give to them to understand? What will you tell the person who was born and dumped in a trash can, that had to live in the streets all his life? How will god convince him that despite doing that to him, while letting other people enjoy lavish wealth and money, they still get to take the same reward? How will anyone still believe such a god is all-loving and benevolent?

1 Like

Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

-OK, nice. Yes, I feel good when I accomplish things. But the supposed omnipotent, omniscient, omniprescent, creator of the universe who is the EPITOME OF PERFECTION should not make mistakesm. He shouldn't be capable of having any burnt dodo when frying. Because he's supposed to be perfect.
-Another thing I want to add is that you're basically implying that life isn't fair, and there is nothing we can do about it. Now when you fry dodo and some turn out good, while some turn out bad, the plantain is a non living thing so the burnt Ines can't complain. But when you give the plantain the ability to think and feel, isn't that evil and wicked? To allow some plantain actually feel the pain of getting burnt and watching their mates turn out into perfect brown dodo? If they are allowed to blame the fryer, what good does it do them when the fryer isn't even visible or available? Why would the fryer, who is supposed to be the number one chef is the world, allow some of his did to get burnt? And give them the ability to feel and endure the pain of getting burnt, then getting thrown in the trash?
-Lastly, you said you don't believe that god will throw people in hell since it isn't their fault. Then, what happens when we die? Will you both send me, and the person who killed me to the same heaven? What explanation do you want to give to them to understand? What will you tell the person who was born and dumped in a trash can, that had to live in the streets all his life? How will god convince him that despite doing that to him, while letting other people enjoy lavish wealth and money, they still get to take the same reward? How will anyone still believe such a god is all-loving and benevolent?

I really appreciate your questions though, and I like that to this point, we haven't become violent. I say a big thank you.

- Yes, Exactly. The one who should be the better judge of the matter should be the cook, fryer of plantain. He should be the one to better tell whether or not a plantain got burnt or not, or whether or not such plantain should be condemned. Of course, we both know such dodo never goes to waste, however. Now, it is because we are in the process of life that we thus judge the way we do; Some burnt, others brown. The plantain is never in the right position to judge whatever it is going on in the pot.

- LOOL. I didn't imply so. I'm implying we aren't in the position to judge whether or not life is fair or not. Let us let life be the judge. When we meet life, life will give us it's own opinion and perspective to things. Now, I consider your pointed out scenario a little inaccurate, it's not like mine perfectly states accurately this relationship as well. All analogies are merely to help get a point. I don't want to get defensive and closed-minded but I will try to explain as best as I can how I see things. Of course, we are humans who feel whatever it is that's going on now.

I'm sorry, but in the grand scheme of things, how we feel is somewhat inconsequential to the planned purpose of the process that is life. Here's my point, the process is not the thing. We heat and beat metal to form things, whoever said the metal doesn't feel what we are doing, and isn't complaining? On a smaller scale, the atoms that make up the metal are being displaced in that process - that's it complaining btw. We justify our actions for carrying out such actions by concluding our quest is to achieve much more beautiful works. Why can't we see this as same thing "life" is doing?

How best can existence be explained if it isn't with a planned end? Otherwise, what is the purpose of man's trying to make sense out of it? In fact, I'll love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Plus, there's no such thing as trash as suggested by many. LOL. Even slag metal, waste metal upon purification, is still put to use. Nothing is condemned by the force behind all things.

- The love of the fryer for the plantain is not emotional, it is purposeful. Now, the idea of a return and a reward and a punishment and a hell and a heaven is just something used to get people to behave better (behavior and moral purposes). Do you think the one who designed all things will need those to achieve his goal or aim? Now, on passing light through a prism, colors and different frequencies are observed, it doesn't mean all together are no longer light. For you to perfectly judge the individuals, you need to first return them to the origin. All we do with divided religion and spirituality is divide one Life that runs through and holds the universe as one. The only wise words I could give people such as "the baby that was born and dumped in a trash can, and living in the streets, the ones experiencing wars, plus the ones who don't know suffering and are living lavish in luxury" are
1. Do the good you know to do, we are individuals made out of one body.
2. And for peace; there are two perspectives to life's matter, the perspective of the clay and the perspective of the potter. When the clay is "fondled" on the potter's wheel, it obviously doesn't look peaceful, but from the perspective of the potter's purpose for it, it is in fact in the most peaceful state. Hence, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.".
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
pr0blem:

I really appreciate your questions though, and I like that to this point, we haven't become violent. I say a big thank you.

- Yes, Exactly. The one who should be the better judge of the matter should be the cook, fryer of plantain. He should be the one to better tell whether or not a plantain got burnt or not, or whether or not such plantain should be condemned. Of course, we both know such dodo never goes to waste, however. Now, it is because we are in the process of life that we thus judge the way we do; Some burnt, others brown. The plantain is never in the right position to judge whatever it is going on in the pot.

- LOOL. I didn't imply so. I'm implying we aren't in the position to judge whether or not life is fair or not. Let us let life be the judge. When we meet life, life will give us it's own opinion and perspective to things. Now, I consider your pointed out scenario a little inaccurate, it's not like mine perfectly states accurately this relationship as well. All analogies are merely to help get a point. I don't want to get defensive and closed-minded but I will try to explain as best as I can how I see things. Of course, we are humans who feel whatever it is that's going on now.

I'm sorry, but in the grand scheme of things, how we feel is somewhat inconsequential to the planned purpose of the process that is life. Here's my point, the process is not the thing. We heat and beat metal to form things, whoever said the metal doesn't feel what we are doing, and isn't complaining? On a smaller scale, the atoms that make up the metal are being displaced in that process - that's it complaining btw. We justify our actions for carrying out such actions by concluding our quest is to achieve much more beautiful works. Why can't we see this as same thing "life" is doing?

How best can existence be explained if it isn't with a planned end? Otherwise, what is the purpose of man's trying to make sense out of it? In fact, I'll love to hear your opinion on this matter.

Plus, there's no such thing as trash as suggested by many. LOL. Even slag metal, waste metal upon purification, is still put to use. Nothing is condemned by the force behind all things.

- The love of the fryer for the plantain is not emotional, it is purposeful. Now, the idea of a return and a reward and a punishment and a hell and a heaven is just something used to get people to behave better (behavior and moral purposes). Do you think the one who designed all things will need those to achieve his goal or aim? Now, on passing light through a prism, colors and different frequencies are observed, it doesn't mean all together are no longer light. For you to perfectly judge the individuals, you need to first return them to the origin. All we do with divided religion and spirituality is divide one Life that runs through and holds the universe as one. The only wise words I could give people such as "the baby that was born and dumped in a trash can, and living in the streets, the ones experiencing wars, plus the ones who don't know suffering and are living lavish in luxury" are
1. Do the good you know to do, we are individuals made out of one body.
2. And for peace; there are two perspectives to life's matter, the perspective of the clay and the perspective of the potter. When the clay is "fondled" on the potter's wheel, it obviously doesn't look peaceful, but from the perspective of the potter's purpose for it, it is in fact in the most peaceful state. Hence, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.".
I appreciate you too. My opening comment on this thread was fueled from the disgusting nature in which Christians in this section justify evil and make mockery of anyone who challenges them. Just before I opened your thread, I saw one guy calling Tecno mobile phone company the Antichrist.
Now, when I said life wasn't fair, I failed to add 'from our perspective'. You have done that for me, and you went further to say that the creator of the universe sees it as fair and just from his perspective, which we are too limited to understand. Your belief also correlates with Einstein's scientific understanding of the multiverse theory(there are many different approaches to the multi verse theory) in which all possible outcomes exist in an infinite number of parallel universes, and that free will is an illusion. A lot of metaphysicists and scientists disagree with his assertion, while some support it. Its basically saying that in some parallel universe somewhere, that Aliyu that you see begging on the street is the president of Nigeria. This, makes everything fair and balanced. However for this to work there is no free will, and the 'free will we experience is only an illusion'. Just like you stated. I'm on the side that disagrees with this, however.

First off, some recent studies show that consciousness could be separate from the physical body. This would definitely explain the verified cases of reincarnation phenomena. Some philosophies also use reincarnation to account for the 'balance in nature', saying that for example, the beggar you see today could've been Hitler in his past life, etc. All that is so crazy to even start to think of. There are so many philosophies, so much to learn, and I prefer to say 'I don't know' than to hold on to one belief as the absolute truth.

I just don't think that a god, who has personal feelings (as described in the bible) would allow people he created with emotions, to experience pain. You said that as we bang metal and so on into place, how are we sure the metal isn't feeling pain? Its a nice analogy, but the difference is that the metal cannot communicate with us, however, the christian god is supposed to be able to communicate with us. That is, we cannot hear a piece of metal crying out, but god, the creator, can hear us crying out to him.

So you don't believe in the conventional return and reward strategy used by religion to scare people into believing. OK good. I don't either.

And I'm on par with you encouraging people to 'do the good they can do'. That's basically just humanism. Doing good not because of fear of punishment, but because you're human.

-Something I really question is his you came to the conclusion/firm conviction about your description of god. How do you know that description is correct? Were you taught? Or what exactly is your source?

You asked to know my opinion on things like thus, coincidentally I opened a thread this morning. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/3373615/musings-agnostic-deist
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I appreciate you too. My opening comment on this thread was fueled from the disgusting nature in which Christians in this section justify evil and make mockery of anyone who challenges them. Just before I opened your thread, I saw one guy calling Tecno mobile phone company the Antichrist.
Now, when I said life wasn't fair, I failed to add 'from our perspective'. You have done that for me, and you went further to say that the creator of the universe sees it as fair and just from his perspective, which we are too limited to understand. Your belief also correlates with Einstein's scientific understanding of the multiverse theory(there are many different approaches to the multi verse theory) in which all possible outcomes exist in an infinite number of parallel universes, and that free will is an illusion. A lot of metaphysicists and scientists disagree with his assertion, while some support it. Its basically saying that in some parallel universe somewhere, that Aliyu that you see begging on the street is the president of Nigeria. This, makes everything fair and balanced. However for this to work there is no free will, and the 'free will we experience is only an illusion'. Just like you stated. I'm on the side that disagrees with this, however.

First off, some recent studies show that consciousness could be separate from the physical body. This would definitely explain the verified cases of reincarnation phenomena. Some philosophies also use reincarnation to account for the 'balance in nature', saying that for example, the beggar you see today could've been Hitler in his past life, etc. All that is so crazy to even start to think of. There are so many philosophies, so much to learn, and I prefer to say 'I don't know' than to hold on to one belief as the absolute truth.

I just don't think that a god, who has personal feelings (as described in the bible) would allow people he created with emotions, to experience pain. You said that as we bang metal and so on into place, how are we sure the metal isn't feeling pain? Its a nice analogy, but the difference is that the metal cannot communicate with us, however, the christian god is supposed to be able to communicate with us. That is, we cannot hear a piece of metal crying out, but god, the creator, can hear us crying out to him.

So you don't believe in the conventional return and reward strategy used by religion to scare people into believing. OK good. I don't either.

And I'm on par with you encouraging people to 'do the good they can do'. That's basically just humanism. Doing good not because of fear of punishment, but because you're human.

-Something I really question is his you came to the conclusion/firm conviction about your description of god. How do you know that description is correct? Were you taught? Or what exactly is your source?

You asked to know my opinion on things like thus, coincidentally I opened a thread this morning. Here: https://www.nairaland.com/3373615/musings-agnostic-deist

Hahahaa! Whoever calls Tecno the antiChrist is Hungry. LOOL

Now, on the matter of freewill and predestination - A Sage once said "Whether or not Freewill or Predestination is what is playing out, what IS would remain what IS". So, basically, many of us use these two concepts to justify our description of life and God. But whoever said the idea that is "freewill" was not in fact predestined to play out as a possibility, just as the shadow is a cast of the real Being. The shadow does not have independent operation. So, when I implied "the free will we experience is only an illusion", I meant something like the relationship between Shadow and Being.

Now, I absolutely agree that consciousness is separate from Physical body, and there's one Consciousness expressing itself in the infinite number of physical body. So, the idea of reincarnation shouldn't be far fetched. I'm not different from you, neither are you from the leader of the Boko Haram group. And I agree with you that there is a lot to learn, however, if we do not share what we know (just as we are doing now), how do we increase in the understanding of things? I would rather tell what I know how I know than say I don't know. Since we started this conversation, I've been wanting to know what you think, and I have been asking you to consider my statements, and give your opinion. I do not claim to know it all, but I sure know better than to hold on to certain opinions.

Now, about the metal analogy, you think the metal isn't complaining? Wait till you do material science. Language is not only to words and expressions, everything existing communicates (to a certain degree). The metal communicates by displacements and reactions. That it is not yelling doesn't mean it is not responding to your action. However, we ignore the responses to all "supposed non-living" things. Material scientists can tell that all materials communicate. ALL. There's a pattern of communication. Many times, we are lost in the idea that God is a man, with ears just like ours and mouth just like ours, and he speaks our languages. "You are God, but God is not You".

LOOOL. I've not concluded bro. I'm of Christian background, however, inconsistencies as taught led me to understand things for myself. I connect with that which resonates within me, and I've somehow found a connection in and with all things. This has brought me some great amount of Peace, unlike that given to me buy religion.

The truth is, our concepts of whether or not God exists or not will not create or uncreate One. The point is, I presently exist, and so does a billion others. So, my quest has been on how do I find my peace as I vibrate through time? Whatever I find helpful in the NOW, I share with others. I don't need the Universe to be my audience, I just need the few who find peace in my considerations just as some find in yours. We do not need to condemn our opinions, we can co-exist if Peace is our goal.

What you think?
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
pr0blem:

Hahahaa! Whoever calls Tecno the antiChrist is Hungry. LOOL

Now, on the matter of freewill and predestination - A Sage once said "Whether or not Freewill or Predestination is what is playing out, what IS would remain what IS". So, basically, many of us use these two concepts to justify our description of life and God. But whoever said the idea that is "freewill" was not in fact predestined to play out as a possibility, just as the shadow is a cast of the real Being. The shadow does not have independent operation. So, when I implied "the free will we experience is only an illusion", I meant something like the relationship between Shadow and Being.

Now, I absolutely agree that consciousness is separate from Physical body, and there's one Consciousness expressing itself in the infinite number of physical body. So, the idea of reincarnation shouldn't be far fetched. I'm not different from you, neither are you from the leader of the Boko Haram group. And I agree with you that there is a lot to learn, however, if we do not share what we know (just as we are doing now), how do we increase in the understanding of things? I would rather tell what I know how I know than say I don't know. Since we started this conversation, I've been wanting to know what you think, and I have been asking you to consider my statements, and give your opinion. I do not claim to know it all, but I sure know better than to hold on to certain opinions.

Now, about the metal analogy, you think the metal isn't complaining? Wait till you do material science. Language is not only to words and expressions, everything existing communicates (to a certain degree). The metal communicates by displacements and reactions. That it is not yelling doesn't mean it is not responding to your action. However, we ignore the responses to all "supposed non-living" things. Material scientists can tell that all materials communicate. ALL. There's a pattern of communication. Many times, we are lost in the idea that God is a man, with ears just like ours and mouth just like ours, and he speaks our languages. "You are God, but God is not You".

LOOOL. I've not concluded bro. I'm of Christian background, however, inconsistencies as taught led me to understand things for myself. I connect with that which resonates within me, and I've somehow found a connection in and with all things. This has brought me some great amount of Peace, unlike that given to me buy religion.

The truth is, our concepts of whether or not God exists or not will not create or uncreate One. The point is, I presently exist, and so does a billion others. So, my quest has been on how do I find my peace as I vibrate through time? Whatever I find helpful in the NOW, I share with others. I don't need the Universe to be my audience, I just need the few who find peace in my considerations just as some find in yours. We do not need to condemn our opinions, we can co-exist if Peace is our goal.

What you think?
I didn't get your mention! It must've been a glitch.

-As for the part of the metal, although they are communicating, we don't understand. Not everyone is a material scientist. But I feel like the supposed master of the universe, despite the fact that 'he' doesn't have a human appearance, if he is omnipotent, amd omniscient like Christianity says, then he should be able to understand whatever language or method we use to communicate.

-I really enjoyed discussing with you, honestly. And the main thing is that we have common ground in the most important thing, that what matters the most is the PRESENT, the NOW, and peaceful coexistence should be our goal. We have minor differences in philosophies but all those don't matter as long as we have this same ground here. The wish to do what is best for humanity
Re: Simple Analogy on Freewill and Predestination by pr0blem: 1:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I didn't get your mention! It must've been a glitch.

-As for the part of the metal, although they are communicating, we don't understand. Not everyone is a material scientist. But I feel like the supposed master of the universe, despite the fact that 'he' doesn't have a human appearance, if he is omnipotent, amd omniscient like Christianity says, then he should be able to understand whatever language or method we use to communicate.

-I really enjoyed discussing with you, honestly. And the main thing is that we have common ground in the most important thing, that what matters the most is the PRESENT, the NOW, and peaceful coexistence should be our goal. We have minor differences in philosophies but all those don't matter as long as we have this same ground here. The wish to do what is best for humanity

Hehehe! Thanks for your questions and contributions bro. Really, I honestly enjoyed my conversation with you too.

And I'm the more glad we agree that Love and Peace is greater than doctrines and philosophies. And we understand that whatever doctrines we come up with should profit our coexistence. I honestly wished our religious brothers understood the sayings of their Masters and Prophets so much as to realize our conclusion was always their point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fifth Pastor Spotted Using Woman With Bulgy Stunted Arm For Same Miracle / Instant Miracle, Deliverance & Healing, Takes Place When You Use Any Of These Pr / 100% Youtube Video Promotion $7 Per Thousand View

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.