Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! (1655 Views)

I Need Help From A Gtb Current Or Domiciliary Acc Owner / How Do I Get A GTB Mastercard Online / Where To Exchange Dollars In Lagos Without Being Swindled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by osssy09: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2009
x
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by babalase(m): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ossy 09,i can help,it is better you call from pay phone cause we will need to talk for like 4 minutes.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by suxes2005(m): 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ossy 09,call me now on 08033647114,i can help,it is better you call from pay phone cause we will need to talk for like 4 minutes.

You guys are really heartless, you are trying to dupe someone who is in a problem already. May God add to your problems IJN.

Anyways, poster, which of their branch did u use? Are you in Lagos. If it is d one at Berger, then dont worry as they will take care of your trsc very well.

Just keep believeing God that your hard earned money will be released fast.

SHALOM
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by osssy09: 8:49pm On Oct 13, 2009
babalase:

Ossy 09,call me now on 08033647114,i can help,it is better you call from pay phone cause we will need to talk for like 4 minutes.

lol
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by skfa1: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2009
suxes2005:

You guys are really heartless, you are trying to dupe someone who is in a problem already. May God add to your problems IJN.

Anyways, poster, which of their branch did u use? Are you in Lagos. If it is d one at Berger, then dont worry as they will take care of your trsc very well.

Just keep believeing God that your hard earned money will be released fast.

SHALOM

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

babalase:

Naija people bad sha angry
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by liberalmin: 10:02pm On Oct 13, 2009
Well, if the staff still works there, i suggest you inform their branch manager through phone call or send mail
to any of their offices, better still contact a lawyer,get a police and arrest him
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by Infoseye(m): 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2009
osssy09:

I am a student, about some months back,i went to GTB to open an account,after the opening of the account,i told the customer care that i wanted to fixed a certain some of money,she directed me upstairs to meet one of the staff in-charge,i went and meant him we talked and decided that i will be getting 11% as my interest rate every month. Three days later he called me to come and collect my certificate. Since that month (march)  till last month i have been receiving email that my stipulated interest have been credited to my account. which was true.

Last month,i needed to take care of a financial situation and the only place i could run to was my money i deposited in GTB, i ringed up the GTB staff phone who i meant that day,i told him to liquidate the transaction,he said i should come to the office next week,i waited ,the other week i called him and ask if he had done what i told him,he was telling me he have been busy blah blah blah, i said other staff could do it,he said no that he is the only person that can liquidate the transaction,that was when i knew something was wrong.

Immediately i went to the GTB branch with my deposit certificate ,i meant some other people in their office,i told them i wanted to liquidate my fixed deposited,they took the deposit certificate from me and try to locate the transaction on their system,it was not found. they called me and started to question me,i told them that GTB have been crediting my account with the interest,when they run my account they discover that the staff who i meant that day,have been depositing the said interest on my account every month,he never did a fixed deposit for me,he forged the deposit certificate and also forge the signature of his boss who was to attest to the transaction.

I was really disappointed with GTB,i told them that i did business with GTB not a staff and i needed my money,they told me i should come back the other week,i went the other week,since then it has been we sent a mail to the headquarter please give us another week,

I need my money urgently,what should  i do?

Go to the head office of that Gtbank in the state u r located in or match to the bank where u sent the mail to ask them u demand to see their manager and explain everything to them. If you keep calm and patient you will never recover your money you will have to keep them on their toes to get your money back.

My suggestion is go to a well known police station file a report, if possible take a police to the bank why I said police man this will draw attention of the bank that you mean business and war.

You will have to get them moving if not they will keep posting you until you urself get fedup and forget, but u self how come you we doing transactions on phone and not meeting this same persion face to face at the bank?
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by suxes2005(m): 10:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ poster, kindly tell us hw far u av realy gone?

SHALOM
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by osssy09: 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2009
Infoseye:

Go to the head office of that Gtbank in the state u r located in or match to the bank where u sent the mail to ask them u demand to see their manager and explain everything to them. If you keep calm and patient you will never recover your money you will have to keep them on their toes to get your money back.

My suggestion is go to a well known police station file a report, if possible take a police to the bank why I said police man this will draw attention of the bank that you mean business and war.

You will have to get them moving if not they will keep posting you until you urself get fedup and forget, but u self how come you we doing transactions on phone and not meeting this same persion face to face at the bank?

I did not do the transaction on phone,read my previous post i said i went to their office,and the customer care directed me upstairs to meet the people incharge. how can i do a bank tansaction on phone?.

liberalmin:

Well, if the staff still works there, i suggest you inform their branch manager through phone call or send mail
to any of their offices, better still contact a lawyer,get a police and arrest him

They told me they have suspended and arrested him,and he also did that to some other customer and even some not in the country.

suxes2005:

@ poster, kindly tell us hw far u av realy gone?

SHALOM

It happened in Edo State,i have been going to the branch it happened and speaking with their HM ,he is the one posting me. i will be going back again my tomorrow Thursday.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by suxes2005(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2009

It happened in Edo State,i have been going to the branch it happened and speaking with their HM ,he is the one posting me. i will be going back again my tomorrow Thursday.

I wish you all the best,

SHALOM
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by lannre(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
You really have a good case,mail their Headquarters and copy CBN. You can also copy EFCC. Most Banks dupe unsuspecting customers.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by osssy09: 4:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
lannre:

You really have a good case,mail their Headquarters and copy CBN. You can also copy EFCC. Most Banks dupe unsuspecting customers.

i am about to email their Headquarters i will also try and email CBN

@ ALL

Thanks for your reply
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by babalase(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
to God who made am not a dupe and if am trying to dupe this guy God should punish{amen} people should please stop generalizing,not everybody here is trying to reap off fellow brothers,am very comfortable and will never cheat anybody cause my God has bin very gud.am sure polite people among you will tender an apology,may God forgive us.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
This is serious oh.
But then, what do u expect when none of the staff really go thru any background checks
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by leye1234(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2009
@poster and anyone with a large sum(relative) of money in the bank,

make sure you do a background check on the bank manager or anyone else that might have access to you money. Know where they live, spouse"s Job, children"s school, the village he or she is from. Trail them if you can.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by naijatoday: 5:00am On Oct 15, 2009
were are all the GTB workers that use to come here on Nairaland and talk about their bank been the best, please come and help this person.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by nethacker(m): 7:44am On Oct 15, 2009
naijatoday:

were are all the GTB workers that use to come here on Nairaland and talk about their bank been the best, please come and help this person.
Yes and wats d problem with them. The poster hasnt furnished us with the relevant information needed. How do u expect pple to knw an unreported incident.We hv 4 full operational branches in Benin and a cash centre.He did not drop his name nor the branch where the issue happened. So hw do u expect us 2 jump into action.
osssy09:

I am a student, about some months back,i went to GTB to open an account,after the opening of the account,i told the customer care that i wanted to fixed a certain some of money,she directed me upstairs to meet one of the staff in-charge,i went and meant him we talked and decided that i will be getting 11% as my interest rate every month. Three days later he called me to come and collect my certificate. Since that month (march)  till last month i have been receiving email that my stipulated interest have been credited to my account. which was true.

Last month,i needed to take care of a financial situation and the only place i could run to was my money i deposited in GTB, i ringed up the GTB staff phone who i meant that day,i told him to liquidate the transaction,he said i should come to the office next week,i waited ,the other week i called him and ask if he had done what i told him,he was telling me he have been busy blah blah blah, i said other staff could do it,he said no that he is the only person that can liquidate the transaction,that was when i knew something was wrong.

Immediately i went to the GTB branch with my deposit certificate ,i meant some other people in their office,i told them i wanted to liquidate my fixed deposited,they took the deposit certificate from me and try to locate the transaction on their system,it was not found. they called me and started to question me,i told them that GTB have been crediting my account with the interest,when they run my account they discover that the staff who i meant that day,have been depositing the said interest on my account every month,he never did a fixed deposit for me,he forged the deposit certificate and also forge the signature of his boss who was to attest to the transaction.

I was really disappointed with GTB,i told them that i did business with GTB not a staff and i needed my money,they told me i should come back the other week,i went the other week,since then it has been we sent a mail to the headquarter please give us another week,

I need my money urgently,what should  i do?

if u read d above-the last line(bolded)- u will deduce dat he needs help n not criticism.Lets all join hands in resolving the issue first b4 coming back to the problem.
Do not worry too far, it'll be resolved in no tym.Get us d branch name,the name of the person u hv been speaking with after d incident n his/her unit . If u dnt mind drop your number I'll give u a call ASAP or reach me on my YIM h1c11e17s@yahoo.com.
Regards
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by walesmann: 11:31am On Oct 15, 2009
Let the poster go to http://www.gtbank.com

On the homepage , there is a complaints section there . You can make your complaint known to them officially through that medium. They responded to me on time when I had issue with my ATM card and complained to them through that .
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by nethacker(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2009
walesmann:

Let the poster go to http://www.gtbank.com

On the homepage , there is a complaints section there . You can make your complaint known to them officially through that medium. They responded to me on time when I had issue with my ATM card and complained to them through that .
Another very good alternative step to take. Hope d victim is here wink
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by osssy09: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
I sent a mail to the head headquarter yesterday and it look like it work,the money have been credited to my account this moni.

Thank God and also everybody who responded.
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by nethacker(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
osssy09:

I sent a mail to the head headquarter yesterday and it look like it work,the money have been credited to my account this moni.

Thank God and also everybody who responded.

@nethacker

It is like you work with GTB,i would like to ask u a question,wht is the meaning of  CASH WITHDRAWAL COMMISSION,i just received and email that 100.00Naira have been debited from my account been CASH WITHDRAWAL COMMISSION because i withdrew from the account this moni.
Perhaps u withdrew across d counter and not wit your ATM.If u withdraw less than =N=100k across d counter,u will be charged a commission of =N=100.This is 2 encourage ATM withdrawal.Y not apply for your ATM n start using it Today. Proudly African,Truly International . wink
Wouldn't u rather bank with us  wink
It's nice doing business with u grin
Re: Swindled By A GTB Staff: Please Advise! by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2012
mistake you made was that you're weren't activated on internet banking which would have allowed you verified the deposit from the onset.

I guess the staff was fired and handed over to the EFCC?

(1) (Reply)

Ndic To Raise Guarantee Level For Depositors . / Make Money From Printing Of Gsm Recharge Vouchers.. Finally For 2,500 / Huge Opportunities As Cassava Peelsto Serve As Commercial Livestock Feed- IITA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.