Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,045 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Radical Christianity: Forgiving Someone Who Murdered A Family Member - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Radical Christianity: Forgiving Someone Who Murdered A Family Member (369 Views)

Dangers Of Absolute/ Radical Christianity / Apostle Suleman Pays 10 Years House Rent For A Family In Ibadan (Photos) / Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed In Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Radical Christianity: Forgiving Someone Who Murdered A Family Member by winner01(m): 8:09am On Sep 25, 2016
Forgiveness might be difficult sometimes, especially when the offence committed against you is grave.

I watched a movie sometime ago about a man who killed a widows's child at a party. After doing his time in jail, he went back to the widow. She was old at this time and lonely. A conversation ensued between them:

Murderer: I am the man who killed your son, and i'm ready to do whatever you want me to do.

Widow (looks at him and says): You are welcome. I've been praying for you

That was my highlight of the movie. I remembered this movie when I read this woman's story.

Its quite touching. What does the Holy Bible say about forgiveness;

"Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."- Matthew 6:14-15

Jesus also said: "For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." - Romans 12:17-21

Forgiveness is truly something everyone must learn.

I was equally moved when i saw this facebook post on my wall
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4278122_s10699611edit_jpege50136c01603a14b0b977d8eee53c283

We must learn to forgive always. May God bless you.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Radical Christianity: Forgiving Someone Who Murdered A Family Member by winner01(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)

(1) (Reply)

Indispensable Christ / Keeping Darkness At Bay / Prophecy For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.