Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,370 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After (681 Views)

Conductor Strips Unclad To Fight A Passenger Over N50 In Edo State. / Driver Absconds With Brown Acura Day After Resuming Work At Park View (pic) / Vampire Forgot To Use Disappearance Charm, Says His Herbalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by Naijafamous(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2016

Unable to get an Uber from Jabi on Friday morning, Dr Ike Anya decided to flag down the Abuja taxi man who had flashed his taxi’s headlamps at him.

But he had no idea that he was about to be introduced to a very rare specimen of a Nigerian – Mr Luke Olaniyi.

Ike needed to get to the bank and then run a couple of errands. Passenger and Abuja Taxi man agreed on a per-hour bill, and off they went.

He eventually asked the taxi to drop him off at home between 7.30pm and 8pm.

According to Ike, he only realised he had lost money by the next morning. After a late night, and enervating sleep, he checked his pockets and figured “Hang on, looks like I’m missing one bundle of N50,000!”

Still thinking about when and how he misplaced the money, a strange number rang his phone.

“Hello Sir, I’m the driver who carried you yesterday,”

An irritated Ike wondered why the taxi man would presume he could call him, just because he carried him yesterday. But his irritation was cut short when the man continued:

“Did you lose anything, sir?”

Only then did it click in Ike Anya’s mind: This call was about the missing money. Unable to contain his disbelief Ike Anya went on to share this good news on Facebook and twitter.

But the soft spoken Luke Olaniyi had only attempted this semi interrogation to be sure that his gut-feeling wasn’t wrong. You see, this Abuja taxi man had carried other passengers after dropping off our passenger the evening before.

He had also picked other passengers that Saturday morning before he made to clean up his taxi and found the diamond bank bundle under the car seat of the Nissan Sunny Almera – a car which he had only just collected on a ‘hire-purchase’ arrangement.

He however asserts that a boarding pass, which was somehow stuck with the bundle, is what convinced him that the money was dropped by Ike.

“As I see that plane paper with the bundle, I know that Oga look like who come from London”

According to this 42 year old married father of three (a 2-month old baby, and two others in primary school), he was recently robbed by thieves who trailed him after he sold his own car with the intention of buying a new one for his taxi business.

Luke admits to the bite that the economy has on his lean pockets but in his words, “I am a child of God, I have the discerning spirit to know that I shouldn’t take money which is not my own.”

On whether he didn’t feel tempted at all upon finding this money in his car, Luke attests “I want to make heaven.”

Luke Olaniyi worships with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, and serves as Assistant Pastor at the Overflowing Grace Parish, Obasanjo road, Dutse, Abuja.

We certainly wish more Nigerians can be like Luke; even in this recession, and with school fees staring many Nigerian parents in the face like insurmountable hurdles.

Dr Ike recommends the taxi man for people looking for an honest person in Abuja, we recommend him as an example of a good Nigerian. He does deserve the recognition.

Source: Naijafamous
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by HungerBAD: 12:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
Proudly Yoruba.

You can tell from the story about the arrogance, and sense of self importance by the Ike guy,who felt irritated that a "mere" Taxi driver called him.

He only changed his Pompous tone,when he discovered the call was about the money.

3 Likes

Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by dadabashua1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
this is good, worthy of front page
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by bigtt76(f): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Psychology again grin the cab guy knows if he keeps it, the owner probably has his cab number and details and so would hunt him down so it was best returning it and enjoy the adulation that follows. People are hungry in this country to allow such money to be returned tongue
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by ihejimagha(f): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Ezi afa ka Ego(good name is better than moni) may God bless him and make him richer than 50k
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by dadabashua1(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Psychology again grin the cab guy knows if he keeps it, the owner probably has his cab number and details and so would hunt him down so it was best returning it and enjoy the adulation that follows. People are hungry in this country to allow such money to be returned tongue
with all due respect I don't believe you
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by ihejimagha(f): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
bigtt76:
. Mind u, some people re not like dat, he knws the moni is not his own so y kip it. The way u trained ur self apart frm the upbringing ur parents gave u matters a lot in life. Been good pays even though some people mis use the opportunity, but dat shouldn't stop one frm doing the right tin at the right time. Peace

1 Like

Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
bigtt76:

Psychology my foot. undecided
Do you take down every cab number you patronized?

You need to pull your head outta whatever myopic butt hole you're hiding and acknowledge this man is indeed a honest fellow. He did what he did because it's the right thing and not for some nonsense adulation.

Learn to give credit where credit's due. sad

1 Like

Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by LabiaDestroyer(m): 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
Finally the Afonjas Do something good for the first time...
Re: How An Abuja Taxi Man Returned N50k A Passenger Forgot In His Car The Day After by Khd95(m): 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
To we at NCA national headquarter,washington.

We highly recommend the effort of this rare afonjite,he deserves national honour,to ve return such amount of money in this tough time.

Igbos,pls for once clap for afonjasgringrin

(1) (Reply)

Shameless Man Rapes Little Girl, Then Brags About It On Facebook / 10 Months Old Baby Girl Dies After Being Sexually Assaulted By Mum's Boyfriend / Mtn At It Again!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.