Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend (792 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / End of story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Leilah(f): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
Hi, I have known this Nigerian lady for a few years now through the local playgroup. Now I was not a very close friend as such. Anytime I would meet her she would try to bless me with holy water and qoute biblical passages so I viewed her as being quite a religious person. However some time went by and her phone is off for six months at a time and she is not seen around (she goes to UK to get welfare there aswell) so I presume she just travelled.

I bumped into her on the street recently and she said that her child (she never married) had been sick in the hospital as she was living without electricity for 4 months (which is true) I felt so sorry for her and the child and invited them for dinner. I made various phone calls to try and get her electricity switched back on (she gets 250 from social a week and its a council accomodation). I made appts for her here and there with organisations that may be able to assist her. sadly I spent some money and time preparing a hot meal for her and the child here alone when my husband was at work. She never even showed up nor did she ring.

It has now transpired that she has been letting out the property illigally to people and they were not paying the bills and is known to the police. She doesnt even live at the address. You woul never believe it to meet her. But as someone said earlier you never know someones motives. Just feel a little let down thats all.
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 13, 2009
So your friend is not nothing but a fake thief, right?
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Leilah(f): 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2009
Well does it not look that way?
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2009
Oh well, there are many pretenders around. Just be happy you never got involved by her and never fell for those her religious rituals. Who knows if she wasn't using them to get customers. lipsrsealed
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Leilah(f): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
Yeah ya just dont know,
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by queenafric(f): 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2009
Dont let that weigh u down. Not everyone could be trusted, u know,
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by omega25red(m): 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2009
like the other poster said don't let it get to you also please don't change because sometimes we run into con artist and some times we run into people who genuinely need help.
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Pittbaby(f): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
hey in this case I will say don't judge untill you have walked a mile in their shoes.

I would keep my distance, too much drama
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by olanajim(m): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2009
It is too tricky to judge based on your submission. I honestly don't see why anyone should condemn the woman until he hear the other side of the story.

There is more explaining to do. Yet, it may be true that you are taken for granted. And it may not be true, If the police are aware, then there is something you don't know that the police know. Find it, and the make your judgement after knowing why she did what she did.
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by nguage(m): 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2009
When you help, help for the sake of helping. Don't bother yourself with "thank yous" and "well dones." Thank yous will never add a nanometer to your stature. It doesn't matter if the beggar buys crack with your money, just follow your heart. God who sees secret things would pay you back openly.
Re: I Feel Very Let Down By My Lady Friend by Hauwa1: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2009
Leilah, keep the food in the fridge ur oga will help u eat it cool

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Never Be A Polygamist – Justice Minister / Question / Day After Wedding: Groom Murders Elder Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.