Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? (585 Views)

Teachers And Support Staffs Recruitment Is Ongoing. / 2016 National Youth Service Commision NYSC Batch A Call Up Letter / Kwara State Private School Teachers Recruitment Is On! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
While trying to apply for the Ministry of Education vacancies, I saw a requirement that made me unqualified for that post. The requirement stated 'degree in education' in the stated subjects. Although my specialty was stated, what I have is a B.Sc, not a B.Ed. I have plans to do a PG in Education though.

Now that I think of it, I wonder what the fuss about the 'Education' degree is anyway. Does it really count in what really matters? I've got the experience to hold my own in that field but the chance to show it may not really come by.

Take for instance, the Lagos State Ministry of Education that recently unveiled a new Scheme of Work. In English Language for J.S.S.1 class, in their first week in class, they were supposed to learn about Nouns. Under Nouns, they need to learn the definition and examples, learn the five types of nouns and the rules to follow, learn about the singular and plural forms of nouns, learn the use of articles with nouns as well as Noun Gender.

They need to learn all these because in the second week, they would begin with Pronouns. A poor foundation in Nouns will give them problems applying the conversion rules. It is not and never advisable to give these ward half-baked knowledge with the excuse of fitting it into time.

Also in that same first week, these kids would also practice Reading and Comprehension; be introduced to Speech & Organs of Speech, Composition and types of Compositions as well as Literature and types of Literature.

Not only are kids aged between 9 - 11 expected to cram all of these in a week, they are expected to do so in a maximum of 5 periods (200 minutes) or less, alongside between 10 and 15 other subjects for that week. They would surely be the losers in the sense that they would not be given all the juice in the appropriate measure, and would be forced to gorge all they were privileged to be given under diuress. It saddens a professional to cheat his/her students of their right to quality knowlege due to the mistake of superiors.

It really begs the question: How really experienced are the professionals? If they can't keep in touch with the reality of their target when planning these schemes, then, why are they at the helm? Noun as a topic should span nothing less than three weeks, but this right here is just pathetic.

It is normal for each regime to want to leave its mark but, at least, that should be done conscientiously. Such careless albeit overzealous oversight puts a strain on whomever intends to use the Scheme. That simply shows that Experience as well as qualification is key. A lot of money has changed hands over the launch of this scheme but sadly, such mistakes ensured that it is simply flushed down the drain.

The Federal Ministry of Education is expected to oversee such changes, but I guess they were quite unconcerned. Quality Assurance need to sanitize their backyards before pouring forward in search of erring schools. The quality that is being chased is a poor one indeed. I'm available for recruitment though wink
Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by Cutehector(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
My dear all this long and short english u typed isn't going to hinder the recruitment process. U will be wailing while others are getting the fed civil service jobs. Why not strive to get into the system first, then plan how u can change it.
Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by psucc(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Pls I need info, yesterday I read here on NL that the FCSC has refute initiating any recruitment exercise.

Can I have clarification here?
Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
psucc:
Pls I need info, yesterday I read here on NL that the FCSC has refute initiating any recruitment exercise.

Can I have clarification here?

That should be for the first false information that circulated. There was when some months ago, talks of recruitments were circulating. That should be the one they refuted. But this one should be real.
Re: Federal Civil Service Commision Recruitment: Is This Fuss Worth It? by 247Potential: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Cutehector:
My dear all this long and short english u typed isn't going to hinder the recruitment process. U will be wailing while others are getting the fed civil service jobs. Why not strive to get into the system first, then plan how u can change it.

True that. I'm as useless on the outside. But I hope someone on the inside can perhaps look into the revamping as soon as possible because a lot of kids will be getting the stick already.

I applied all the same. But not really keeping my hopes up till I'm suitably qualified.

(1) (Reply)

Will Uniuyo Release A Second List? / Updated Android Mobile Nickzom Calculator Version 1.0.1 Is Now On Play Store / The Reason Why Student Fail Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.