Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Naira To Begin Recovery Next Week i.e Today – Bdcs - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira To Begin Recovery Next Week i.e Today – Bdcs (574 Views)

FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / CBN Introduces New FX Rate For Bdcs / We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naira To Begin Recovery Next Week i.e Today – Bdcs by MrTour: 12:03am On Sep 26, 2016
The Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria says it foresees the naira on the path of recovery by Monday due to the introduction of Travelex, a licensed Forex dealer.

The President of ABCON, Alhaji Aminu Gwadabe, said on Thursday in Lagos that a licensed Forex dealer would enhance transparency in the distribution network.

Travelex, an international money transfer organisation, was officially directed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to distribute Forex to Bureaux De Change operators by Monday.

Gwadabe said that a licensed Forex dealer would enhance transparency in the distribution network.

He said that Forex distribution would be efficient and uniformed across ABCON members unlike what was obtainable in the past.

According to him, Travelex has the technology to sell Forex to about a 1,000 BDCs within a couple of hours, which is a major advantage.

He said, “Against this background, the naira is expected to be on a recovery path from Monday as the distribution of Forex to BDCs will boost liquidity in the market.

“The boosting of liquidity in the market will dampen the fears of investors and market speculators, thereby raising their confidence in the market.

“This is a purely ABCON and Travelex arrangement, and has the capacity of removing the bottlenecks in the Forex distribution chain.

“Travelex has the technology to pay about 1,000 BDCs within two hours.

Source: http://abokifx.com/naira-begin-recovery-next-week-bdcs-today/

Leave your comments below, could this be the end of the hostage held on Nigerians by BDC's or another political stunt.
Re: Naira To Begin Recovery Next Week i.e Today – Bdcs by MrTour: 12:16am On Sep 26, 2016
sad
Re: Naira To Begin Recovery Next Week i.e Today – Bdcs by teemy(m): 9:39am On Sep 26, 2016
i wish this to be true but somehow i have this feeling the dollar would push the N500 mark by december festivities. i hope the right policies are in place.

(1) (Reply)

We Want To Help Our Campus Students But We Need Someone To Kickstart Us / Problem With Webmoney I Can't Send WMZ / How I Turned A One Time Investment Of 6k To #102k In 9days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.