Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,811 members, 7,837,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

​7 Reasons Why I Think The Iphone7 Is Overhyped! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / ​7 Reasons Why I Think The Iphone7 Is Overhyped! (600 Views)

Girl Hides Her New Iphone7 In Her Panties For 'Security Reason' (Funny Video) / Apple Fans React After Finally Getting Their Hands On Iphone7 / Nigerian Man Buying Iphone7 In Malaysia Videos Himself (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

​7 Reasons Why I Think The Iphone7 Is Overhyped! by samuelchimmy(m): 12:13am On Sep 26, 2016
For some unknown reasons the iPhone cause massive buzz and rage both online and offline anytime a subsequent version is unveiled, It commands so much respect that some people can sacrifice their precious kidney to buy one, anyone who buys an iPhone automatically makes headlines like its a fit that was conquered.
The question now is this “does the iPhone deserves the respect we reverence we offer to it”.The answer is simply no, and the best term to describe this crazy iPhone syndrome is “Overhyped ” or “overrated”.
Here are my reasons

1.Size: Why does the iPhone 7 have rock mere 4.7inch screen when a lesser hyped infinix note rocks an overwhelming 6.inches.Or are smaller screen sizes the new definition of a smartphone, if so I do not agree, because the size is the first feature that tells how premium a is.

2.Look:You agree with that the iphone7 is simply ugly compared to the iPhone6 and Samsung’s galaxy s7 which rocks an edgeles screen that is rare. Apple didn’t bring it on, on this one despite the waited time and doesn’t worth the ‘overhyping’.

3.camera:though the rear camera is quite impressive, it comes without a front camera, which is unexpected of a premium phone.

4.Colour:Apple disappointedly listened to customers demanding a black iPhone, this is so bad an idea, a black iphone7 makes no difference from my brother’s infinix hot, the truth is black is a no no for premium phones makes it less ‘sleeker’ and scratch prone. With the advent of black iPhone 7 one would be tempted to question the iPhone physical durability for which it is known for because the colour black is traditionally not durable for smartphones, peeling is inevitable, Apple even knew this when they stated that customers should be wary because the black iphone7 would be less durable on their website.

5.Price: Standing at USD649-690,the iPhone 7 is not among the 10 most costly smartphone,yet people flaunt it as if it has a passport to heaven. It’s not costlier than Samsung’s current blasting flagship, yet it did not deprive it from being overrated. It did be quite cheaper if the forex market was normal, say NGN97,250-103,500.yes as cheap as that.

6.Memory Limitations :i still don’t understand why an overrated premium phone should sell without room for memory extensions,Customers would have to delete some important files when they run out of memory whereas some peeps with one underrated Android devices has an endless supply of memory, there is this Huawei device that rocks two memory slot on one device. Or does Apple intend to sell imemory on their App Store.
Battery life: I know Apple Inc. has a knack for managing battery life, but with 1,960mah, heavy users like me would rather stick with a despicable tecno L8.

7.Omission of the headphone Jack : This is the major reason why people should not be shouting iphone7 up and down like its a god. The apple Inc. Forget about the selfie stick, because I haven’t read about a new wireless ‘Iselfie Stick’ (the selfie stick is only applicable to iPhone 7s because iphone7 comes without a front camera disgusting) if they ever did what will happen to people who love playing music on big headsets that requires a wire contact.was Apple clueless here, or they have something in mind, what will happen if someone’s earpod gets damaged, how do they replace it. Place an order to Apple Inc just because of a mere earppod.
With all these, I see no reason why an iPhone7 should command so much respect and create endless buzz.
But nevertheless, the iPhone 7 is just another good technology our has to offer,its no different from other good smartphone out there, good to mention also, the IPhone’s security is great, fast with its A10 chipset, Go for it if you can, I will stick to my tecno L8 until I can afford to buy an iPhone comfortably.

I remain samuel chimmy
I am opened to bashing………..

source : https://chimmysblog./2016/09/26/%e2%80%8b7-reasons-why-i-think-the-iphone7-is-overhyped/

1 Like

Re: ​7 Reasons Why I Think The Iphone7 Is Overhyped! by Sphilip1(m): 7:15am On Sep 26, 2016
samuelchimmy:

6.Memory Limitations :i still don’t understand why an overrated premium phone should sell without room for memory extensions,Customers would have to delete some important files when they run out of memory

All Lies....

I bet you havent used an iphone. Cos if you've use any of their previous flagship device, you should know better that storage space of iphones can be upgraded.

Buts its not for free cos apple will charge you for that..

Nice write up. As a fellow tech blogger. I will advice you get you facts right - it would even be nice if you buy an iPhone 7 and do a tear down on you blog... cheesy cheesy to avoid those jobless critix.

Buy the way boss... Why re you answering my name? Hope you re not a counterfit of me oo... cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp May Soon Let You Lock Your Chats With A Passcode / Tweakware Users / Airtel Double Data Offer: Get 3gb For N1000, 7gb For N2000 And 18gb For N4000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.