Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Bandwagon Syndrome - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bandwagon Syndrome (389 Views)

End Sars Media Campaign And The Bandwagon Fallacy / Ali Modu Sheriff Daughter Joins The Bandwagon, Set To Marry Billionaire's Son / Man Get Slammed After Refering To His Sister As 'down Syndrome' On Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bandwagon Syndrome by IamLeslie(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2016
My friend came up with this idea as it seems I'm only politically motivated but that is far from it cause writing should be about portraying the reality I.e the true state of things in our society and environment ,, presently its obvious political issues take the front burner so please don't blame my motivation .. So back to the issue for discuss ,, U could say that bandwagon syndrome is that syndrome that makes we Nigerians copy everything we see on TV ,, hear on the radio and read over the Magazines .. It is that syndrome that makes Us forget our history ,, our culture ,, our morals ,, even our identity .. How many of Us have noticed that our local languages are going extinct and no one cares .. Our norms ,, cultures ,, values and practices are believed to be best preserved in our local languages as propounded by the Late Literary Iroko Isidore Okpewho but everyone now strives to speak the white collar language ,, detrimental isn't it ?? I wonder how the situation would be in 10-20 years time and ex Governor of Lagos Raji Fashola was busy trying to introduce Chinese into the Lagos Curriculum ,, it is a pity that we all lack morals cause if we did President Buhari would have resigned from office citing incapacity and we will see ourselves as the spoilers of our country and stop pointing fingers ,, cause even the purported change starts with Us cause we are the problems .. Gone are the days when we prided ourselves in Our rich Cultural heritage when our leaders travelled abroad and represented Us in our local attires ,, when our representative at Miss World wore ankara (local print) to the contest ,, when we where the true giants of Africa .. This is not the Nigeria a person like the great defiant King Jaja of Opobo fought for ,, the Ziks and the Awo's and co did not wish for a nation where we sell our very rich culture to copy the shameless cultureless lifestyle of the Americans and the Europeans .. Morals are guided and stimulated by cultural affiliations ,, when we shift our ways of life to copy that of the Whites ,, we tend to also adopt their morals which is inevitable and we start blaming and condemning people that are clueless as to what to copy ,, now we have a very large LGBT fan base here in Nigeria ,, not like there has not been traces of such in times past but our culture played a vital role in controlling that as it unconditionally condemned and detested such and so depressed it ,, but now they have been officially recognised in our Country ,, everyone has rights ,, don't they ?? All our traditional functions have been diluted and tainted with a lot of external practices ,, itz very difficult to find any of our cultural ceremonies or practices that has survived the influence of the west cause they tell Us we are barbaric and we believe ,, they tell Us our Traditions don't conform with the principles of Natural Justice ,, Equity and good conscience and we believe too ,, when they milk our economy dry and then it conforms right ,, they create wars and tension in any country that tries to develop and threaten their sovereignty over the world (See Biafra ,, Somali,, Sudan ,, Iran ,, Iraq ,, Vietnam ,, Libya etc) So I believe what Our government and any other one that is inteested in surviving needs to do is encourage the learning and speaking of our local languages cause that's the only way we can preserve and reinforce the remnant of Our culture and save Nigeria from total loss of Identity ,, I bet you that's what is going to happen .. And last time I checked ,, our culture did not include Terrorism at least .. #SaveOurLocalDialects.. #GodBlessNigeria.. Cc Freibuger cc r231 cc lalastica ..

(1) (Reply)

Accident In Surulere Area Of Lagos / Picture Of The Day / Lover Stabs Fiance To Death Two Months To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.