Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,025 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog (813 Views)

Garanntor NG Reduces Prices On Domain Extensions / Transfer Of Domain / The Cost Of Domain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2016
These are the questions, bloggers ask themselves when purchasing a domain name, there are so many domain extensions out there, ranging from the top tlds to the least ones, examples are; .com, .net, .org, .co, .biz, .info, .edu and even country generic tlds like; .com.ng, .ng, .us, .co.uk, all this are domain extensions, so the question is "which one fits my blog", these days bloggers buy domains names according to their pockets, some even use .me tld for a blog, .me tld is fits for a personal/profile website, something like ifeanyionuegbu.me, the domain itself will tell that it is about somebody, without wasting much of your time, i would like to tell you what this tlds means, starting with .com = this domain name means commercial, that means anybody using this tld have a business and wants to make money/profits, .net = this tld stands for network, somehow they don't want make money, .org = this tld is the short form of organisation, websites using this tlds have a company, .edu = this tld is limited to educational institutes, such as schools, universities etc.

For you running a blog, the best tld you can go for is .com, a second choice would be .biz (as it also stands for business), how about country-generic tlds, as you are living in nigeria, and your pocket can't buy .com, why not try .com.ng tld because it is cheaper in nigeria, .com = N3,000 while .com.ng = N1,700, so do the math, how much are you saving? N1,300, think about it yourself
Note:- You will hardly have visitors from other countries
So that's the disadvantage, am not trying to convince you, why not give it a try? and share your testimonies here.

http://www.slashnec.tk/2016/09/what-type-of-domain-extensions-fits-my.html

Please Lalasticlala and dominique come in
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by afanide: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Informative.....
Thanks.....
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 26, 2016
afanide:
Informative.....
Thanks.....
you're welcome
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2016
mynd44 pls push to front page
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2016
Cool.. Why are you using a .tk domain extention?
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
fighal:
Cool..
Why are you using a .tk domain extention?
thnks.... at the moment i don't hv cash to buy .com cause that's what am targeting
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ifexxy:
thnks.... at the moment i don't hv cash to buy .com cause that's what am targeting
ok bro..
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
fighal:
ok bro..
cn u help?
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
kisspls Lalasticlala push to the front page
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Agriman(m): 1:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Why op still using .tk? anyway I can help build your traffic from SEO and Social media list... for more info contact me— 08130767357
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by joey150(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
Slashnec dude..that name.
Hope your site is about psycopaths and gory scenes
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Chibenze(m): 10:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ifexxy:
cn u help?
I can give you a .com for almost free. All i need you to do is to write few quality article for my new blog. Deal?
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 04, 2016
Chibenze:
I can give you a .com for almost free. All i need you to do is to write few quality article for my new blog. Deal?
so how will i go about it?
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Chibenze(m): 10:20am On Oct 04, 2016
Ifexxy:
so how will i go about it?
R u on whatsapp? If yes drop ur contact so will discuss
Re: What Type Of Domain Extensions Fits My Blog? - Slashnec's Blog by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chibenze:

R u on whatsapp? If yes drop ur contact so will discuss
08132121421, bt u can add me on fb www.facebook.com/onuegbu.ifeanyi.12

(1) (Reply)

Please Web Master And Wordpress Gurus Please Come In (urgent) / Web Design And Development 100% Live Practical / Nigerian Adsense, Facebook Pages All Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.