Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,360 members, 7,839,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician (913 Views)

Ubi Franklin Reacts To Allegation That Tekno Sampled Danfo Drivers Song / Majek Fashek Blasts Timi Dakolo. "He Stole My Song" (video) / Singer Humblesmith Stole And Sold Mom’s Gold To Pay For His First Studio Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by Scoop9ja: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2016

Young up and coming Ghanaian Musician – C Jay is calling Nigerian super stars – P Square, thieves because he claims his song “Rokoto” was stolen and sampled by the African icons to birth their new banger “Bank alert.”
According to C Jay, he tagged P Square when he posted his song on social media. Days later, he was prompted by one lady that his song had tampered with.

He followed up to download “Bank Alert,” listened and realized that P-Square stole his tune and even went ahead to use some of his lines.

This is what C Jay tells vibesin5.com
Stealing in a professional way, P-Square new tune “bank Alert” is a sample of my tune titled “Rokoto.”
I released Rokoto early this year; the tune went viral on social media, Facebook, Twitter, and the rest. I posted the link on P-Square wall on facebook, months later I got a tag from a female music here in Ghana, she updated on Facebook that P square’s new tune (“Bank Alert” sounds like Cjay Rokoto”).

This is where I came in the story, I quickly downloaded their tune to listen and it was very bad that they sampled almost everything in my Rokoto tune. From the bass line, the rhythm, the progression the grove and even took the first line of ma first verse (today na today ooo) from ma tune “Rokoto”.

I respect P square a lot; I learn from them, never thought they could do this to a poor boy like me who has struggled for more than ten years been underground. I wish ma voice will reach as far as it can, so everyone will know I’m disappointed in them.

“Bank Alert” is a nice song, I don’t doubt it, but they don’t have to do this to me as a whole, no disrespect, P SQUARE SAMPLE MY SONG ROKOTO, N AM DISAPPOINTED IN THEM…..

Listen To Both Tracks Here:- http://gidibest.com.ng/2016/09/psquare-s-bank-alert-is-stolen-from-me-ghanaian-singer-voice-out/
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by mazimee(m): 1:36pm On Sep 26, 2016
I am not a fan of Peter and Paul but that bank alert is their style of singing.
One of the reasons I no even like them.
Apart from "bring it on", they have been dropping same shit everytime, no more creativity.

1 Like

Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2016
mazimee:
Apart from "bring it on", they have been dropping same shit everytime, no more creativity.

If u don't like their music..Listen to other musician's or better still enter studio sing ur own song and keep on listening to it..

1 Like

Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by funnynation(m): 1:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
Just tell us that you want to use P-Square name to sell yourself.. Go and sit down. Even though dey put bomb for ur head u no fit blow..

*Nairaland official comedian* *Irep042*
*AbjFinestMC* *CFR*

1 Like

Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 2:02pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jarizod:

If u don't like their music..Listen to other musician's or better still enter studio sing ur own song and keep on listening to it..
True Talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by Nightie(f): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
Jarizod:

Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by Joshemmy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
Bank alert.. Or.. Scam Alert grin cheesy
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by COLOURCUT: 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
No doubt Psquare is known for lifting songs from artiste of their interest, BANK ALERT has onyeka owenu' tune
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by GoggleB(m): 3:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
mazimee:

Sing ur own make we hear am...

Their Bank account is sounding gbagamu. You are here beefing them..
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by faith551(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
mazimee:

heheheheehheheh hhahahahaha, abeg someone should help me finish this laugh jare,my airtime don finish
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by dotuna3(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2016
May God help you
Re: P Square Stole And Sampled My Song – Ghanaian Musician by Flexherbal(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Implication !

(1) (Reply)

Pιcтυre: Olaмιde'ѕ Poѕт Concernιng Awardѕ And Мaтerιal Тнιngѕ / Julius Agwu 7year Old Daughter Breaks Board With Leg For Taekwondo Belt / Watch Wizkid And Future Full Live Performance At The MTV Mama Awards 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.