Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Aurier Handed Two-month Prison Sentence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Aurier Handed Two-month Prison Sentence (453 Views)

Matias Messi Handed Two-and-a-half-year Suspended Prison Sentence / Cristiano Ronaldo Pleads Guilty To Tax Fraud- Suspended Two-year Prison Sentence / Alexis Sanchez Accepts 16-month Prison Sentence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aurier Handed Two-month Prison Sentence by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2016
The PSG full-back was in court on Monday over an attack on a police officer, although the Ivory Coast international will not serve time in prison as it is a 'convertible' sentence
PSG full-back Serge Aurier has been given a two-month prison sentence for allegedly attacking a police officer.

The 23-year-old is accused of assaulting the officer after he was pulled over in May, and asked to take a breath test.

Aurier, who was alleged to have elbowed the officer in the chest, has claimed in an interview that he was "brutalised" by the police, and subsequent reports have claimed that he will appeal the court's decision.

“It was violent,” Aurier said on French television in June. “The police officers got out of the car, insulted me, brutalised me, my lip was smashed.

“What’s even worse is that the police officer said I had elbowed him in the thorax. If I wanted to touch him, I would have punched him in the face. He did though, struck me several times in the face.

“I have nothing to hide in the case, there are at least five or six witnesses that say exactly the same thing I have.”

Aurier's case is understood to be "convertible", meaning that it is likely to be served through community service, and the player is expected to be available for PSG's Champions League clash with Ludogorets this week.

Aurier has also been ordered to pay an additional €300 compensation for physical injuries, €300 for moral damages and €1500 for legal costs.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2016/09/26/27891512/aurier-handed-two-month-prison-sentence

Re: Aurier Handed Two-month Prison Sentence by jieta: 10:01am On Sep 27, 2016
we Africans can never stop age falsification. how can dis old man claim 23 years as his real age. even me that is approaching 27 he's older than me in physical appearance.

(1) (Reply)

Costa And Willian Lead Chelsea Resurgence As Conte Reverts To 3 At The Back / First Clasico Date Revealed - And Uk Audiences Won't Get To Watch It / Im Back Friends!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.