Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Join Me On My Journey To Eliminate The Fashion "Runway" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Join Me On My Journey To Eliminate The Fashion "Runway" (496 Views)

5 Types Of Hair Cut For The Fashion Conscious Man; Old School Is The New School / Dresses/gowns,unique,high Fashion,runway Style,fr Shp/del Wtsap 08121810749 / Meet The Nigerian Woman Who Is Building The "Fashion Amazon" Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Join Me On My Journey To Eliminate The Fashion "Runway" by Politicalidiot: 2:30am On Sep 27, 2016
Some months back, as will be visible to anyone who views my profile now, I launched an app - Needleplus with hopes of changing the fashion industry as we know it. I wrote about that here on this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/3284773/hi-check-out-creation-tell

So first things first,

So what the hell is Needleplus tongue
Needleplus is a responsive web app that enables Fashion designers showcase their designs to our growing community of fashion enthusiasts.

So whats different about you guys?
Most industries have gone online and been eaten by software but fashion designers are usually stuck in the past. During my short time in the industry, we noticed that a designers biggest problem is usually exposure and we want to change that by giving designers the ability to showcase their designs online and get instance feedback without waiting to attend a "fashion week " while also attracting clients. Today, a designer usually spends months in a closet somewhere designing wears he/she has no idea will resonate with the market until its showcased at a RUNWAY. Our metrics systems of "people interested", "loves" "wish lists" and "trending" will enable a designer know which of his/her design is hot and resonating right now.

Eventually or hopefully, we hope to eliminate the Runway while freeing capital and time used in its organization, letting the designer do what s/he knows best - creating designs. cool

Milestones
We have been in beta for 3 months now, haven't fully launched but we have already accumulated over 150 users mostly in the past month who have been providing styles and valuable data on whats trending, HOT and popular right now.

final notes: I am aware that what I am trying to accomplish is bothering on either delusion or genius. Only time will tell though. I am going to be posting updates, timelines and tidbits on how the journey is progressing. Lets hope I don't end up like this guy - https://www.nairaland.com/3308258/sheriff-shittu-shuts-down-showroom.ng though I have mad respect for him. In the meantime, I am inviting anyone here in the business of Fashion to follow this process and let me know what you think and how we could work together to eliminate costs and bring your designs faster to market.

site is: www.needleplus.com

(1) (Reply)

The Classic Man: Looking Good On A Casual Suit [photo] / OK Shoes Needed / Computer Sewing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.