Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs (2400 Views)

J Martins - Good Life (Naaman) / J Martins Vs Flavour: Who Sings Better? / Download J Martins' Latest Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by aldon: 11:51am On Oct 14, 2009
does this j martin of a guy thinks dat nigerians are dull heads dat he keeps dishing out annoying,simple and empty songs.that are so transparent lyrically.i knw he is singing but these songs are lyrically ridiculous.is he tryin 2 b timaya nowadays?e.g oyoyo,cool temper etc. are lyrically gabbage,no contents.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by cherisa: 11:55am On Oct 14, 2009
thats the mistake u novice guys make , j martin is a musician He knows the basics of music ,
listen to dr frabs he doesnt mix too many instruments and vocals , ask any professional producer ,
mixing too many things spoil the song .

J-MARTINS IS MY MAN , LEAVE AM LIKE THAT

THIS KIND OF POST IS WHAT THEY REFER TO AS HATING , SO MR ALDON BE MORE CREATIVE IN UR TOPICS.CAPISCH?
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by phemmy88(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
J. martins is nt dat good, he's jst fortunate!
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by frijos(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
cherisa:

thats the mistake u novice guys make , j martin is a musician He knows the basics of music ,
listen to dr frabs he doesnt mix too many instruments and vocals , ask any professional producer ,
mixing too many things spoil the song .

J-MARTINS IS MY MAN , LEAVE AM LIKE THAT

THIS KIND OF POST IS WHAT THEY REFER TO AS HATING , SO MR ALDON BE MORE CREATIVE IN your TOPICS.CAPISCH?

SECONDED!

I LIKE J MARTINS STYLE AND MOST ESPECIALLY THE SONG OYOYO! SIMPLE AND CLEAR ENOUGH. IF U DON'T LIKE IT GO LISTEN TO SOMETHING LIKE FREE MADNESS THAT'S MORE ENERGISING.  cool
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by cherisa: 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
phemmy88:

can u be fortunate without being good? chei this nairalanders sef.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by frijos(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
phemmy88:

I WUD REPLACE THE WORD "FORTUNATE" WITH "BLESSED" --- HE WHO GOD'S BLESSING IS UPON SHINES!
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by frijos(m): 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2009
cherisa:

can u be fortunate without being good? chei this nairalanders sef.

SECONDED!
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by MrTA(m): 2:48pm On Oct 14, 2009
hayyterrs, pyom! pyom! pyom!
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by debetmx(m): 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2009
to you playa haters, who God has blessed no one can cause. J Martins: Good or Bad
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by asha80(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2009
Any person that says the lyrics in "cool temper" is weak simply does not appreciate good music.If you have issues with lyrics in that song then better listen to terry g's "ginger your swagger"
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by tosinaded(m): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
asha 80:

Any person that says the lyrics in "cool temper" is weak simply does not appreciate good music.If you have issues with lyrics in that song then better listen to terry g's "ginger your swagger"

on point cool
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by Ekwere(m): 5:46am On Oct 15, 2009
The guy is making money n u r hating his songs, na wa for u guys.

U r just lazy and not knowing what to write
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by mbulela: 8:46am On Oct 15, 2009
on account of the comments on this thread, the respect i had for this section of Nairaland is lost.
I use to see the view expressed on this section as the authentic voice of Nigerian music fans.
Today, i regret such a view.
I am seriously disappointed.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by jhdfelix: 10:00am On Oct 15, 2009
I use to respect j martins untill i listened to oyo yo,that was too shallow for the level of nigeria music now,i bet it with you all, no international award can recognize that kind of song,he should sit tight and stop this eh ,eh after his verses because it is too boring and too bad he has sold it to p-square and bracket
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by russellino: 10:19am On Oct 15, 2009
@ Poster
Na lie O. J martins produces and writes songs  with messages that are simple, positive and encouraging for easy listening by ALL kinds of people you cant label them as simple minded. Though his songs most of the time have the same grass to grace theme you cant deny that his beats are catchy if not outright infectious. who can say he/she didnt like ''good or bad'' or ''money good''.''Oyoyo'' is a very danceable track with a wicked beat and lyrics that uplift you no matter your mood. thats his trademark i guess but he's definitely on a positively different level than timaya.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by charles316: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2009
@poster,
jmartins is good jor.in my own view,he is better than dbanj who is nothing but a noisy guy.are u jealous of him or what?why dont bring out ur own song,loser?
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by tosinaded(m): 10:28am On Oct 15, 2009
jhdfelix:

I use to respect j martins untill i listened to oyo yo,that was too shallow for the level of nigeria music now,i bet it with you all, no international award can recognize that kind of song,he should sit tight and stop this eh ,eh after his verses because[b] it is too boring[/b] and too bad he has sold it to p-square and bracket

do u even know wut boring means grin
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by asha80(m): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2009
Tosin i have advised these guys to listen to "ginger your swagga" if he wants to listen to "good lyrics" cool
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by tosinaded(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2009
asha 80:

Tosin i have advised these guys to listen to "ginger your swagga" if he wants to listen to "good lyrics" cool

no mind them grin
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by slimghost(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2009
J Martins is a talented producer. Back in the days in Enugu, he used to be the best around, all of a sudden, he dropped an album.
Well, as a singer he is just ok but too shallow for my liking.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by Basics007: 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
The poster may have a point. But come to think of it,how many Naija songs are actually dat solid lyrically. Ironically it's cos of the simplicity in lyrics that makes me like JM. Give me Coolu Temper anyday,
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by debetmx(m): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2009
J. Martins is just good. His lyrics are just spot-on
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by rapjunkie(m): 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
i cant stand j martins. . . . . . sorry. . . . . . not my cup of tea. cool

@poster

u have a point.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by russellino: 10:26am On Oct 16, 2009
J. Martins songs are just part of a current trend of ''life don better for me'' songs that everybody is doing now but he brings a special quality of sincerity to his music that appeals to his fans. Really can anyone honestly say ''good or bad'' wasnt a bonafide banger? The guy is good
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by rapjunkie(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2009
link to 'good or bad' please
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by Genuflect(m): 8:44am On Oct 17, 2009
rapjunkie:

link to 'good or bad' please
m.esnips.com/doc/9afa5542-e8cf-41c3-be15-12ba102d523f
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by 9ja4eva: 4:44am On Oct 20, 2009
He is good
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2009
Wow,this is interesting. there are people who can't stand J martins but Terry G gets a pass with swagga to the left, swagga to the right.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by ajekpaks(m): 3:10am On Oct 27, 2009
he's the most successful Producer-Artist as far as I am concerned, atleast the saniest lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by dasa: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2009
wow. nairalanders. simplicity is beauty. but most people are too dumb to know that.
Nigerians love sing alongs. right now the kind of that is psquare, j martins follows closely.

have u been at a show where j martins is performing,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z4QQxWz_XE

the crowd sings every word. and they love it.

in marketing, u have to know ur target market. and j martins knows them well.
they want rhyhtm, they want to dance, they want to sing.
so the beat is always dope, not crowded and the lyrics is simple.

Perfect i must say.

sorry, did someone say 'ginger your swaga'? that song na -10
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by dasa: 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
well, if you all need good lyrics, look out for frank d'neros new jams. he shud be dropping the first single soon.
i was in the studio with him and he canceled 4 great hooks for a song he was doing. why? too simple and not catchy enuf.

he is set to cure more craze again.
Re: Annoying Simplicity Of J Martins Songs by Isuata: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2009
You know i had to just play the "oyoyo" song just to know wot dis haters are talking about,

wot yu guys talking about, crazy lot

just becos of the simplicity the song brings now, e don lack depth and content?

apart from the faact that the guy identifies a target market and gives dem wot they want
hes beats re infectous, need i say more
ofcourse the song myt not make int'l award but shld every track make int'l appeal?
good or bad is an int'l banger anytime anyday

the wisdom dat exists in simplicity ouweighs the foolishness/pretext in complexities, my quote

ofcourse hias producer wu's produced songs nd knws wot muvs his fans

abegi
go on so oun jare omo mummy

(1) (Reply)

Artists IN Lagos Drop Your Contact Here Please / VIDEO: Vusi Nova - As'phelelanga Ft. Jessica Mbangeni / Download Full Album: Selena Gomez – Seven Heavens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.