Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

"Success" Stole From Us. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Success" Stole From Us. (647 Views)

The Dead Man That Stole..by Avatarmode / Johnspeak Uwangue: Who Stole My Life / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Success" Stole From Us. by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2016
Once we were kids oblivious
Of nothing but life
Our laughters were infectious
Were were full of life;
Our worries laid on wet sand
Childish dreams were true:
We would sail to different lands
Every star and moon.

Then, the worst happened to us:
Metamorphosis;
Joy means less to us
Failure kills like a disease
Success gives hubris
Success becomes all there is.
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
this poem attempts to portray the bliss of childhood: Our initial innocence and the loss of it partly due to our pursuit of success and our hatred and fear of failure.Many can no longer enjoy life because of their notion of success and failure and their determination to make it at all cost.I would have shared it here some days back but I've been toofixed up. Krystalzkris, oya come.
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Krystalzkris(f): 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
this poem attempts to portray the bliss of childhood: Our initial innocence and the loss of it partly due to our pursuit of success and our hatred and fear of failure.Many can no longer enjoy life because of their notion of success and failure and their determination to make it at all cost.I would have shared it here some days back but I've been toofixed up. Krystalzkris, oya come.
here I am sir..grin
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Krystalzkris(f): 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
Once we were kids oblivious
Of nothing but life
Our laughters were infectious
Were were full of life;
Our worries laid on wet sand
Childish dreams were true:
We would sail to different lands
Every star and moon.

Then, the worst happened to us:
Metamorphosis;
Joy means less to us
Failure kills like a disease
Success gives hubris
Success becomes all there is.
i like this one.. Its more like mourning those childhood days when all we cared about was snacks... Kudos.. Oya gimme my own topic
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
Krystalzkris:
here I am sir..grin
What took you so long? Anyway, akant w8 2 rid ur puem.Write on "beauty". try to post it in less than a week.
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
Krystalzkris:
i like this one.. Its more like mourning those childhood days when all we cared about was snacks... Kudos.. Oya gimme my own topic
I'm glad you like it *smiles in couplets*
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Krystalzkris(f): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Oluwalosheleyi:
What took you so long? Anyway, akant w8 2 rid ur puem.Write on "beauty". try to post it in less than a week.
beauty is cool... But less than a week is not so cool... I am writing exams
Re: "Success" Stole From Us. by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2016
Krystalzkris:
beauty is cool... But less than a week is not so cool... I am writing exams
awww sorry I didnt know,just take as much time as you want and make sure you "murder" the exams completely.best of wishes.

(1) (Reply)

Bob Dylan "Rejects" 2016 Nobel Prize In Literature. / Lust / Which Of This Three Men Do You Prefer????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.