Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? (6823 Views)

Poll: Which La Liga club do we replace Liverpool with?

Barcelona: 75% (15 votes)
Real Madrid: 25% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Weekly 1.2.X - 2013/2014 English Season Football Pools Forecasts/Results / WEEKLY - Aussie Season 2013 -1.2.X. Football Pools Forecasts/results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 4:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hey there, football junkies. grin

Okay, here's the thing.  .  .the issue on our table is our club match threads. Usually I do them, or Muki does them.

Now, reports reaching my well-polished mahogany table have indicated that some fans feel like the pre-match analyses are not as well analysed as they would like.  .  .for whatever European reason. Others simply want to be involved in doing them.

So our loving godmother, the one and only Mukilicious Mukina2 came up with the idea that a club fan does the match thread for his/her club for the weekend.
Same will go for the UCL.

I think it's a good idea, so I decided to open this volunteer thread. Here, any football that wants to do his/her club match thread for the weekend will nicely volunteer.
The thread will be open on Wednesdays-Thurdays only for volunteers. Before the end of the day, Muki and I will pick a fan from each club to do their match thread, and then lock this thread back till the next Thursday.
The persons picked will be posted on here, of course.

The persons then do the pre-match analysis(correct analysis o) for their respective clubs a day before the game so they can be stickied.

When we've got week night games, EPL or UCL, same thing will apply. The thread will be open for volunteers. So basically, when there are games coming up and you would like to do the pre-match analysis for your club, simply come to this thread and make it known when the thread's open.

You must do the match thread the day before the match, after you volunteer(if you are chosen). If you can't, don't volunteer, please.
So, floor's open.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2009
People like Bluediva and Ibime.  .  .here's your chance to do your very own pre-match analysis. grin

It will be fun, trust me.

Who knows, somebody might get a job with ESPN. Or HItv. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 4:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
This is cool . wink

finally people will stop accusing of us being bias grin

You will know who got injured, suspended, banned, slapped, kicked and so on.

Correct analysis.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
Man up, guys.

If you can, come show your pre-analytic skillz. Don't be shy.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 4:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
I'll do the Arsenal- Birminham match.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
Now we're talking. grin

Scousers? Mancs? Blues?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
Arsenal nor go take last kiss

Thanks Tayo smiley
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 4:53pm On Oct 14, 2009
anytime m'lady *bows* grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by chic2pimp(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2009
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 5:01pm On Oct 14, 2009
This is a serious thread . . .i'll catch you soon . . grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by eldee(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2009
Could you please let me do the one for Bayern Munich?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
grin grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by tayoccu(m): 6:30pm On Oct 14, 2009
eldee:

Could you please let me do the one for Bayern Munich?? cheesy cheesy

nice grin grin grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2009
Or yall can just ctrl+C, ctrl+V the "official" preview from the epl website and save us from quater-baked write ups grin
No? Ok. I want to do the arsenal game too. Tayoccu aint got nuttin on me grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Borat1: 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2009
Ritch, The nairaland analysis is different grin
Ok seriously, we all know there are different previews on different football sites for the games.
Its not like you're reading the preview on the match thread on nairaland to know 'whats up', but just cos you'd eventually post. Rite? grin
Most people dont even care for the pre-match analysis, no? They just want to know who's playing who. They jump on the thread and post Bleep all and before you say "die, scummie, die!" the thread's onto page 2 grin
I think whats most important is the match thread itself and i think i'd do the villa one, but without the bogus flags i must add!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Borat
NL Sports is a mini sports site as well. cheesy grin

I know a lot of people that don't bother going to the usual football sites. . .they simply come here to read up.

So, you wanna do Chelsea-A.Villa. Cool.

@Ritch
Wanna try your hand @ Utd-Bolton? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hahaha, herez ma brief take on utd-bolton:
with rio in the (de)form of his life, utd dont have a prayer against a bolton side boasting of an in-form Cohen.
Prediction: Man Utd 1-4 Bolton. . . **Fergie sent to the stands for giving the fourth official the middle finger(visibly pissed the ref added on "just" 5 minutes of injury time)** grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Cristalz(f): 12:13am On Oct 15, 2009
Go to bed. grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by chic2pimp(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2009
~Borat~:

Most people dont even care for the pre-match analysis, no? They just want to know who's playing who. They jump on the thread and post Bleep all and before you say "die, scummie, die!" the thread's onto page 2 grin
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. That's actually true grin.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by dyabman(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2009
waste of rihnoceros-shit,
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
Seems someone has chosen to do the CFC vs Villa match.
I'd like to do our match against Blackburn next week.
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Emperoh(m): 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
Really i wouldn't think this is necessary
Unless the mods are tired of posting the pre-match analysis, i don't see why people should feel left out.
By and large, the ultimate analysis rests with posters who come to air their views on what the final scores would be, the goal scorers, the possible hard nuts etc, which to me is where the main match analysts should come in

But asking people to volunteer to analyse weekend EPL or weekday UCL matches looks to me like duplication
and an idea that will run out of steam. . . . . my idea is, open the match threads as usual, anyone who feels the thread opening analysis is not spot on or deviated from what he/she wanted, can put up his/her or 'shims' tongue the primary aim is to get people to say what they feel about a match and also give us an indepth understanding of what is to follow.

The other thing i feel shoulda been debated on was the locking of the club threads during matches.
I don't know who's idea this was and what the main reason behind it is. . . if the Mod and SuperMod can let us in the know, i would appreciate
Forgive me if the reason has been said before. . . .i may have forgotten

I also feel the match thread should be integrated into their respective club threads. . . . . what will now happen is having to change
the heading of the club's thread to highlight that such a match is going on and debates on this should be going on within the club thread for the match. . .i don't know how coherent or comprehensive i sound but thats just my 3 pence. . . .i will sleep over it and see if i can come up with something better. . . . as for now, this new idea doesn't really work for me.
But if majority of the house wishes it to be like this, so be it!!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 11:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
Hemp
how many minutes did you take to type that out

abeg go face ur hemp tongue

simply thing, if you cannot do it waka tongue

no one held a gun to ur scumtwat head tongue
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 11:32pm On Oct 15, 2009
Are you telling us emperohs opinion is invalid? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
ohh hell's kitchen grin please go rake the coals on the scumtwats thread please do not build a fire in here darling grin grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 12:33am On Oct 16, 2009
Darling? Please modify that before Cristalz sees it. grin
if only u knew how good the food in hell's kitchen is. . .
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 12:37am On Oct 16, 2009
LoL grin grin u nefa change grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Emperoh(m): 7:10am On Oct 16, 2009
mukina2:

Hemp
how many minutes did you take to type that out
abeg go face your hemp tongue
simply thing, if you cannot do it waka tongue
no one held a gun to your scumtwat head tongue

So because i didn't agree with you, then my opinion is invalid abi? Instead of answering the salient questions i raised, u are here ranting  tongue tongue
like a garrison commander. The much i know, this idea or format has not been accepted so asking me to step aside if can't volunteer is invalid. tongue tongue
The fact that u like the idea doesn't mean it will sail thru and also doesn't mean everyone will like it. So stop behaving like a Broster who didn't get a good romp last nite tongue tongue tongue grin grin
U are threading on a war part i warn you young broster. . . . ok consider this.

If U take that of the Gaynners, Criz Manc, Ibime or BD Chavs who will do Liverpool, Real M, Mancity et al?
I feel mod should take care of this duty but if it means u guys are tired of analysing pre-match  games, then seek the assistance of a select few
This will turn to an all comers affair and will very eventually lose steam. . . . . mark my words.
In any case i am not forcing it on us. . . if thats what the house wants, so be it!! No man is an Island!!
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by Ibime(m): 11:22am On Oct 16, 2009
Pre-match ogini?

Save job for the mods abeg.

How much are you people paying for the courtesy?
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 11:26am On Oct 16, 2009
Will Hemp please shut up grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by ritchboy(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2009
Muki
so not only are his comments invalid, they also pose a threat to public peace? grin
Re: Weekly Football Match Threads: How Well Can You Pre-analyse? by mukina2: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2009
Hell kitchen, no war in here na grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Carling Cup: Liverpool Vs Man City (2 - 2) On Wed, 25th January 2012 / FC Crvena Zvezda Vs Tottenham Hotspur : UCL (0 - 4) On 6th November 2019 / Brentford Vs Arsenal: EFL Cup 0 - 1 On 27th September 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.