Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career (4276 Views)

12 Free Traffic Sources To Kick Start Your Blogging Career. / Bloggers Helping Bloggers: Post All Your Blogging Problems Here / 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 7:07am On Sep 28, 2016
1. Slow Websites
The common saying “patience is a
virtue” does not apply online when it comes to surfing the web. I can say it’s quite the opposite. To keep readers on your blog, the speed of your pages is very important.

A slow website will result your loss of conversions from visitors who are currently on your site,this in turn results in loss of potential
readers and fans, some factors which can make your website slow include:
● Unoptimised pages
● Uncompressed https
● Javascript issues
● Website layout (this is very
important because visitors mainly
scan through the contents rather
than read them)
● Too much flash etc.

In 2010 Google added site speed to the list of parameters for
determining site rankings, now the speed at which someone could view the content from a search result would be a factor. This boost your site SEO and ranking which definitely increases conversion rates and more clicks.

A slow website will not be able to
achieve good google ranking and
SEO conversion.

2. Web Hosting plan
Actually, your hosting account
depends on the price you are ready to pay. The truth is a cheap hosting account could lead to low
page speed performances. As seen
today, a blog starts with little or no traffic and gradually begin to have very large traffic. It is important to know when to upgrade a shared hosting plan or migrate to a virtual server.

Having the right hosting account and company to power your blog will ensure you maximum uptime and vice versa.

3. Uninteresting Content
Many bloggers spend most of their time making their homepage
interesting and the rest pages
uninteresting. According to
Forrester Research , in 2012, 54%
of internet users found websites/
blogs through search engine results, 32 percent through social networks, and 28 percent said that they found websites through links from other websites, so your homepage visits will reduce.
Homepages are not a blog’s main
entry point anymore. It is vital to
note that articles, blog posts or any other content that you add on your blog is also attracting traffic, which means every post should be
interesting. Always use words
everyone can relate to when
posting, this makes your content
more interesting and relatable.

4. Inactive Blog
Much traffic to your blog will
reduce when readers find only old,
outdated information and no new
posts. If they have nothing new to
read, do you think they will visit
again? The answer is NO It is very
important to have at least a juicy
post on a daily basis.
It’s also important to maintain a
balance between posting too much and not posting at all. Posting less frequently will make your readers lose touch with your blog. It is much easier to keep a loyal reader base when they have got information to read about each time they visit your blog. A reader’s intention of visiting your blog is not to look at the design or layout only
(You can also read WEB DESIGN MISTAKES YOU SHOULD AVOID, but rather it is to find the solution and get informed.

Source: www.naijacoders.com

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 10:39am On Nov 03, 2016
wink
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Ceekay212: 6:37am On Nov 04, 2016
Tg
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Ourown(m): 6:40am On Nov 04, 2016
How do create a simple blog myself?

I don't have any coding knowledge
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by chubbyswit(m): 6:41am On Nov 04, 2016
OP u nailed it especially the uninteresting part of it

1 Like

Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Sasuwa(f): 6:48am On Nov 04, 2016
nice
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by grandstar(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2016
Ourown:

Go to blogger. It's the only thing easier than ABC
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by mrmy42(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2016
My career is dead on arrival
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Benjom(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice points
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by grandstar(m): 6:56am On Nov 04, 2016
mrmy42:
My career is dead on arrival

Your career is a booming success. However rest it on Jehovah ( Joshua 1:cool
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by emmalexdboy(m): 6:57am On Nov 04, 2016
I believe the biggest mistake you can ever make in your blogging career is not creating a well detailed plan that'll give you a roadmap to follow and launch your blog the right way.

My free ebook on My signature will teach you that.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by leksmedia: 7:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Yes true, blogging souls be something that is done consistently and professionally.

Looking for a professional Web designer to help you create a blog visit www.leksmediaconcept.com
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Tonyduke(m): 7:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice one
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by kokertalented: 7:13am On Nov 04, 2016
nice post nct mod. so if anyone needs an android app. for web / blog, .... check my signature for my contact De.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by emmalexdboy(m): 7:14am On Nov 04, 2016
Ourown:

Usually, I do advice upcoming bloggers to create a powerful business plan for their blogs before they launch it: my free ebook on my signature will help you.

Here is a free blog setup tutorial and your blog will be online in 30 minutes: www.onlinebloggingincome.com/wordPress-blog-on-whogohost
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Diva122(f): 7:17am On Nov 04, 2016
Ok
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by czaratwork: 7:32am On Nov 04, 2016
I want to be a blogger but i need to know from the scratch what it entails
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Kobicove(m): 8:19am On Nov 04, 2016
I don't understand the reason for this brouhaha about blogging lately undecided
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Banjo24: 8:30am On Nov 04, 2016
You try....

Have u being dreaming of having ur own BBM CHANNEL for ur BLOG, business, Products or run it as admin and be getting some EGo everyday ?

Now u have d opportunity to own one of these channels: 47k+ 30k, 28k, 11k, 15k subscribers are all available 4 grap respectively.

Take this simple step and get out of recession and be financial buoyant.

4 Enquiry: Call/whatsapp: 07036692021
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by nmreports: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2016
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2016
grandstar:

Go to blogger. It's the only thing easier than ABC

Can you pls provide the link here and possibly steps to follow till completion? Thank you.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by nmreports: 8:43am On Nov 04, 2016
Chief morning,

I'm a newbie, what do you think about this at first visit: www.HRtechnique.com

I also spent the whole of yesterday trying to activate Google tag manager and Google sitemap but it was hard.
Also want to verify with the other verification methods but it's such a herculean task.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by AutoJoshNG: 8:52am On Nov 04, 2016
Nice
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:02am On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=nmreports post=50752843][/quote]Bro. Join us at: www.nct.com.ng just post your website for review and get feedback.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2016
Ourown:

join us at: www.nct.com.ng where we explain everything in details.
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2016
Sasuwa:
nice
thanks, don't forget to join us at: www.nct.com.ng
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2016
emmalexdboy:
I believe the biggest mistake you can ever make in your blogging career is not creating a well detailed plan that'll give you a roadmap to follow and launch your blog the right way.

My free ebook on My signature will teach you that.
thanks for that, don't forget to join us at: www.nct.com.ng
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2016
czaratwork:
I want to be a blogger but i need to know from the scratch what it entails
join us at: www.nct.com.ng
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by bart10: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Ourown:

You don't need coding knowledge. It's like saying you can't own a car because you are not an automobile engineer. Wake up bro grin
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by grandstar(m): 10:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Godshand:

Can you pls provide the link here and possibly steps to follow till completion? Thank you.

First go to blogger.com

Sign in using your Gmail address. If you don't have a Gmail address, register for one.

After logging in, click on new blog.

When it opens, fill the Title

Then fill the Address section with your desired Web address. Note all blogger blogs end with .com.
So if you want to to call your website to luff ball, it will be to tolufootbal..com

Then choose a template and click "create blog" below.

If you want to create a post, click create "New post"
Re: This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career by santos876(m): 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
APHATHEOLOGY:
1. Slow Websites
The common saying “patience is a
virtue” does not apply online when it comes to surfing the web. I can say it’s quite the opposite. To keep readers on your blog, the speed of your pages is very important.

A slow website will result your loss of conversions from visitors who are currently on your site,this in turn results in loss of potential
readers and fans, some factors which can make your website slow include:
● Unoptimised pages
● Uncompressed https
● Javascript issues
● Website layout (this is very
important because visitors mainly
scan through the contents rather
than read them)
● Too much flash etc.

In 2010 Google added site speed to the list of parameters for
determining site rankings, now the speed at which someone could view the content from a search result would be a factor. This boost your site SEO and ranking which definitely increases conversion rates and more clicks.

A slow website will not be able to
achieve good google ranking and
SEO conversion.

2. Web Hosting plan
Actually, your hosting account
depends on the price you are ready to pay. The truth is a cheap hosting account could lead to low
page speed performances. As seen
today, a blog starts with little or no traffic and gradually begin to have very large traffic. It is important to know when to upgrade a shared hosting plan or migrate to a virtual server.

Having the right hosting account and company to power your blog will ensure you maximum uptime and vice versa.

3. Uninteresting Content
Many bloggers spend most of their time making their homepage
interesting and the rest pages
uninteresting. According to
Forrester Research , in 2012, 54%
of internet users found websites/
blogs through search engine results, 32 percent through social networks, and 28 percent said that they found websites through links from other websites, so your homepage visits will reduce.
Homepages are not a blog’s main
entry point anymore. It is vital to
note that articles, blog posts or any other content that you add on your blog is also attracting traffic, which means every post should be
interesting. Always use words
everyone can relate to when
posting, this makes your content
more interesting and relatable.

4. Inactive Blog
Much traffic to your blog will
reduce when readers find only old,
outdated information and no new
posts. If they have nothing new to
read, do you think they will visit
again? The answer is NO It is very
important to have at least a juicy
post on a daily basis.
It’s also important to maintain a
balance between posting too much and not posting at all. Posting less frequently will make your readers lose touch with your blog. It is much easier to keep a loyal reader base when they have got information to read about each time they visit your blog. A reader’s intention of visiting your blog is not to look at the design or layout only
(You can also read WEB DESIGN MISTAKES YOU SHOULD AVOID, but rather it is to find the solution and get informed.

Source: www.naijacoders.com
what is bloggerspot's terms based on copy written posts?
Is it ideal or prohibited.
Pls I need an answer OP

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Best Wordpress Tools And SEO Plugins For Your Website / I Need A Service Of A Good Web Designer / 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.