Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Breakdown To Webdesigni Using Word Press - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Breakdown To Webdesigni Using Word Press (329 Views)

How Do I Remove White Space On Word Press? / How Can A Site On PHP Changed To Word Press / Latest Naijaloaded Word Press Theme Available For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breakdown To Webdesigni Using Word Press by kvngDavid(m): 7:21am On Sep 28, 2016
[b]When creatin a website its either you create it on live server or remotely. Creating on liveserver is very expensive because of data charges. So its best we create offine on our localhost before moving online.
Requirements to Creating a Website
1. Content Management Systems---e.g Wordpress,Joomla,Magento,Drupal e.t.c.
2.A software for ziping and unziping.I use WinRar
3.Xampp or Wamp softwares
To download wordpress visit www.wordpress.org
To download xamp visit apachefriends.org
STEPS.
1. After downloading and installing the xampp or wamp, double click on the xampp or wamp icon on your desktop environment so that the software can open.
2. When the xampp has opened click on the start of apache and wait for it to turn green and also click on the start of MSQL and wait for it to turn green.
3.Click on the admin of MSQL it will lead you to your default browser.
4. Now minimize and go over to the place where u kept the zipped wordpress and unzip it.
5.After unzipping you will see that the folder is named wordpress with its version.
6.Double click on it you will see another wordpress folder inside. Right click on it and cut or copy it.
7. Locate your C:/ drive which is your memory open it, you will see xampp or wamp folder. Open it for xamp locate htdocs for wamp locate www folder. Open those folders and paste your wordpress there.
8.After Pasting rename it to any name you like.For me I will name it "web".
9. After you hv done this go bck to your browser. You will see Phpmy admin page.
10. At the left hand side of the pafe its where databases are shown. For everywebsite you need to create a new database is needed.
11. So click on new after that you will now see a box for new database on the right hand side.
12. Fix in the name you want and click on go. You will notice that the name will appear on the left page of phpmyadmin.After that at the top page you will see some menus locate priveledges, if you are using a mini laptop locate More you will see priveledges there.
13.Now this part is very crucial so take your time there else it will mar your work.
14.Fix in a username,change the host type to local,create a password ,and scroll down tick the check all pox and click on go.
15.Now on your browser environment open a new tab remember you don't hv to be connected to d internet yet we are still working with localhost.
16. In the URL box type in localhost/ the name of the folder you left in the htdocs folder or www folder for me it will be localhost/web. And tap the enter key. It will load and show wordpress.[/b].

At this point I will hv to leave you to follow and master this steps before I continue.
In the meantime, for questions whatsapp me on 07068083162.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Non Hosted Adsense For Sale / Get An Android App For Your Blog And Make Money Through Google Admob / I Can Get You That Premium Wordpress Theme You So Want Badly At Lesser Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.