Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Let's Talk Storage - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Let's Talk Storage (6441 Views)

Let's Talk About Noilers / Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage / Buy Ogbono For Storage @ 53,200naira Per 50kg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk Storage by Tyche(m): 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Let's Talk Storage by bakila: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2016
Olayimikami:

Are you interested in the biz or in the 100% ROI?

If its the 100%, contact @Bakila.

For the biz, my details are littered around the threads. You can pchat me

This only brings me to one conclusion, most people are not reading between the lines.

The no of views are growing but we are all bothered about the returns and not the growth of the sector.
I do not mind your sarcasm gentleman. I do not ask for anyone's money, my point remains that it has a good ROI and with instances of loss.
It is capable of a 100% and above with all the other risk involved in business.
Anyone who wants to do business should do his due diligence also, we have had an ONIONS LADY HERE BEFORE.
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Olayimikami: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Carmal90(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2016
bakila:

Bros I don't do stock exchange. Food is the best business you can do. It is capable of 100% ROI over 6 months, dawa more especifically. The person I use to give money on a small scale bring 100% and is shocked when I give him 20% of the profit. I just dey watch this time around I am targeting some dollars from this business.

Try it you won't regret and let's talk.
How you dey and your family, hope you are good.

Hi,pls I send u pm
Re: Let's Talk Storage by jbcul4ril(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2016
IF anyone is interested in storage of grains, this is the time. Beans ,soya, maize etc. you buy now and sell next year. soya bean those not need chemical for storage because no weevil can likes but the rest you need to treat it.

There is a lylon that is treated and comes in different bag sizes that is effective in the storage before the main sack bag and its very secured.
Now if you are to buy soya beans from farmers in Bauchi directly, you btw 70 and 80 naira per mudu. You need 100 mudu or more to fill a big bag you can sell between 15 to 18k in March or April next year.

All you need is a good and secured shop or space for the storage apart from other logistics like transportation and offloading.

Storage is good business. Invested 1m last year and gained 400k. No bank fixed deposit can deliver such interest in 10years. That I got within 5month.
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Tyche(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
jbcul4ril:
IF anyone is interested in storage of grains, this is the time. Beans ,soya, maize etc. you buy now and sell next year. soya bean those not need chemical for storage because no weevil can likes but the rest you need to treat it.

There is a lylon that is treated and comes in different bag sizes that is effective in the storage before the main sack bag and its very secured.
Now if you are to buy soya beans from farmers in Bauchi directly, you btw 70 and 80 naira per mudu. You need 100 mudu or more to fill a big bag you can sell between 15 to 18k in March or April next year.

All you need is a good and secured shop or space for the storage apart from other logistics like transportation and offloading.

Storage is good business. Invested 1m last year and gained 400k. No bank fixed deposit can deliver such interest in 10years. That I got within 5month.

Thanks for the insight bro. I ve got two questions for you;

1. Where do you get the nylon bag
2. What other grains are cheap in Bauchi?
Re: Let's Talk Storage by jbcul4ril(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2016
Tyche:

Thanks for the insight bro. I ve got two questions for you;

1. Where do you get the nylon bag
2. What other grains are cheap in Bauchi?

1. Ask for the nylon from shops that deals in pesticides, fertilizer and other chemicals use for farming.

2. Soya will be out nest week and will be cheap. Maize is not as cheap as last year due low planting and will be a little bit higher in price. Bean will definitely be cheap. Other grains too are also cheap and this is the time to stock and you must do that between now and second week of November because demand for food increases because of festive periods.

Watch the market trends and consumer behavior. That is where my price analysis are from.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Storage by Tyche(m): 10:34am On Oct 18, 2016
jbcul4ril:

1. Ask for the nylon from shops that deals in pesticides, fertilizer and other chemicals use for farming.

2. Soya will be out nest week and will be cheap. Maize is not as cheap as last year due low planting and will be a little bit higher in price. Bean will definitely be cheap. Other grains too are also cheap and this is the time to stock and you must do that between now and second week of November because demand for food increases because of festive periods.

Watch the market trends and consumer behavior. That is where my price analysis are from.

Aside beans I believe Dawa will be cheap too. The major downside from beans storage is weevil attack. one wrong move and your investment will go down the drain.
I disagree with the low planting of maize, maybe I am speaking from my area. There was high planting and bountiful harvest too, I am a witness. The major problem with maize this year was the army worm attack, but a lot of people were able to contain theirs.
Overall, thanks for the heads up. I wish we can keep this up and may we receive the wherewithal to do as we desired.
Testimony loading.
Re: Let's Talk Storage by yotade(m): 10:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
Amen to testimony o! I one...
Re: Let's Talk Storage by eddyline(m): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2016
how does one duly preserve say maize and beans against weevil and rodent attacks. when is the best exit period for these crops. thanks
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 19, 2016
eddyline:
how does one duly preserve say maize and beans against weevil and rodent attacks. when is the best exit period for these crops. thanks

Weevils get inside at larvae stage and only burrow out of the maize when it's dried. There are pesticides applied post harvest to reduce their damage.

As for rodents, those old traditional granaries were the best. They were suspended from the ground and to stop rodents from climbing up, inverted metallic cups slanting outwards were very effective.

Re: Let's Talk Storage by eddyline(m): 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Muafrika2:

Weevils get inside at larvae stage and only burrow out of the maize when it's dried. There are pesticides applied post harvest to reduce their damage.

As for rodents, those old traditional granaries were the best. They were suspended from the ground and to stop rodents from climbing up, inverted metallic cups slanting outwards were very effective.

thanks bro for your reply. I guess the weevils can easily be controlled then but for the rodents, it means that one will have to set up such a structure.
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 19, 2016
eddyline:

thanks bro for your reply. I guess the weevils can easily be controlled then but for the rodents, it means that one will have to set up such a structure.
Or keep a cat cheesy
Re: Let's Talk Storage by leckham: 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
how can someone get d nylon
Re: Let's Talk Storage by Theophinio(m): 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2023
bakila:

Bros I don't do stock exchange. Food is the best business you can do. It is capable of 100% ROI over 6 months, dawa more especifically. The person I use to give money on a small scale bring 100% and is shocked when I give him 20% of the profit. I just dey watch this time around I am targeting some dollars from this business.

Try it you won't regret and let's talk.
How you dey and your family, hope you are good.

Boss. Do you mean red dawa.

Who do you sell off to during scarcity period
Re: Let's Talk Storage by bakila: 11:05am On Dec 06, 2023
Theophinio:

Boss. Do you mean red dawa.

Who do you sell off to during scarcity period
This is a very old trade. Market dynamics has changed since then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Requirements To Export Fruits / My Dry Season Water Melon Farm In Ebonyi State / Where To Get Vanilla Bean Seeds In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.