Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m (2092 Views)

Ibinabo Fiberesima's Backless Dress At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday / Munachi Uzoma Sues Ibinabo Fiberesima For Cheating / Ibinabo Fiberesima & Fred Amata's Daughter Joins Nollywood (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
Ex-beauty queen sued for N200m
By Davidson Iriekpen, 10.14.2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009

After a temporary reprieve, former beauty queen and Nollywoodactress, Ibinabo Firberesima, will now appear in courtfollowing a N200 million suit instituted against herby the widow of late Dr. Suraj Alade Giwa, Mrs. Olufunke Omobolanle Giwa, over the death of her husband.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/oct/14/203.html

Also sued alongside Ibinabo is a musician, Daniel Wilson.

Ibinabo, it would be recalled, was last year convicted of manslaughter and was sentenced to seven years imprisonment by an Igbosere Magistrate Court in Lagos but given an option of N100,000 fine.

After the judgment, Attorney General of Lagos state appealed against the judgment and in her final judgment, Justice DeborahOluwayemi sentenced Ibinabo to five years imprisonment without optionof fine.

However, in the latest suit, filed by Bam Fashanu, SAN, on behalf ofthe widow, the claimant is demanding N200 million as damages forwrongful act and neglect of the defendants which resulted into the deathof her husband.

In a 28-pragraph statement of claim, the claimant averred that the defendants were jointly responsible for the death of her husband who died in a fatal accident on February 26, 2006 through the negligent and dangerous driving of the first defendant (Ibinabo) andthe second defendant (Daniel Wilson) being the owner of the vehicle used to kill the deceased.

The claimant maintained that as a result of the death of her husband, she and her children have undergone pain and suffering.

No date has been fixed for the hearing of the suit filed by thedeceased’s widow.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Radiant(f): 10:16pm On Oct 14, 2009
I don't understand. Was the accident intentional?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 10:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
She is being sued for wrongful death.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Radiant(f): 10:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
I still don't understand the story How did Ibinabo cause the man's death?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 11:29pm On Oct 14, 2009
She killed him while driving drunk.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Radiant(f): 11:53pm On Oct 14, 2009
Was the man in the car with them or was he walking?

How many people face such charges in Nigeria? How many people have a driving license to start with? N200m say wetin happen? Puhlz!
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by mamagee6(f): 12:18am On Oct 15, 2009
That woman needs to seat down somewhere, she can't sue someone already in jail, that's just hilarious!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 12:52am On Oct 15, 2009
Ibinabo is not in jail and the woman should not shut up because the father and bread winner for her children lost his life  because of Ibinabo's recklessness. If she had been remanded in prison for at least 1 yr, the family of her victim could have gotten some closure and let the issue rest.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Radiant(f): 1:28am On Oct 15, 2009
Yea she can press charges but N200m? undecided
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by mbulela: 1:49am On Oct 15, 2009
i understand the woman's pain and action.
but what i don't understand is how Daniel Wilson comes into the picture.
all he did was lend his car to Ibinabo for the day.he was not there when she was getting drunk neither was she there when she drove under the influence.
madam, i beg strike out Daniel Wilson name for that case.
that is undue and unnecessary publicity.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by mbulela: 1:50am On Oct 15, 2009
Radiant:

Yea she can press charges but N200m? undecided

na market.the bargaining will begin.
how much you get?
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by mamagee6(f): 1:52am On Oct 15, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Ibinabo is not in jail and the woman should not shut up because the father and bread winner for her children lost his life  because of Ibinabo's recklessness. If she had been remanded in prison for at least 1 yr, the family of her victim could have gotten some closure and let the issue rest.

What planet did you crawl out from?
Ibinabo is in jail serving her 7 year sentence, If she's not in jail, Is she in your house? angry
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by SeXyBoNE: 4:04am On Oct 15, 2009
The woman should be ashamed of herself, she should have sold the man wen he was alive, not now when he is dead and gone, no dead body is worth that amount. I don't blame her anyways, its becuase Ibi is a celebrity

I wish na one drunk taxi driver jam am now, i go kno wether she go fit open her mouth ask for 5k, the matter for not even reach police station talkess of court.

If i were this woman, i will look up to God and forget about selling a dead body for selfish reasons

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Outstrip(f): 6:04am On Oct 15, 2009
She should get $200,000,000 sef. Ibinabo killed her husband because she chose to drive drunk and it does not matter if Ibinabo is in jail already. This is a CIVIL suit and she is jail for a criminal offense. Two completely different things. The man was paying for his children's education and they were schooling in the UK. He was the SOLE bread winner. She denied the children their father and the woman her husband. She threw their lives in total chaos but went ahead to keep partying and doing her thing. Meanwhile this woman was left to pick up the pieces. I cannot believe that a woman is on here saying that the victim is shameless. While you are busy calling her shameless why don't you dedicate even 20% of yor paycheck to help her meet her bills so we know that you are better than her. Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

1 Like

Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by ohisng(m): 9:05am On Oct 15, 2009
@Outstrip, THANKS!! Kindly teach people like mama-gee the difference between a civil case and a criminal case!!
These people just shoot from their mouths first before thinking
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ibinabo was drunk and reckless and that cost a mans life and a womans husband and the father of some children, she should take responsibilty for that. All this would have been avioded if Ibinabo had showed some remorse or had taken responsibilty for her actions. Nigerians are used to living like animals doing things and getting away with it because most times we wail, complin and dont act, now this widow is acting and i support her 100% this will serve as a message, dont drink and drive.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^^^

that is exactly what the civil suit is about - i doubt if the widow is after the money perse , but ms Fiberesima has shown absolutely no remorse over her actions. all she did was employ every trick in the book to escape prosecution.

bloody good life biatch. i don't want to imagine how the victims lives have been changed by her actions -
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by oge4real(f): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
I cant believe any human being will cast aspersions on a widow whose husband was killed by an avoidable accident, just because she happens to know her rights.
Ibinabo deserves as many lawsuits as she gets, whether she is in jail or even in the grave!
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by nellaluv(f): 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ibinabo is not in jail. She just hosted miss earth recently, can she do dat from jail undecided, i don't think so. She was released she didn't serve her time. I believe dats wat is paining d widow, dat d murderer of her husband is still walking free. Even d miss earth she hosted the winner was disqualified/dethroned just because she didn't have a passport shocked. (i heard she's planing to sue her too.)
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2009
Is Ibinabo worth N200 million naira?

I don't blame Ibinabo from not serving her term. If I were her I'll do the same thing, do every thing in my power to stay out of Nigerian prison.  And that's not because I'm not remorseful of the situation.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by ifyalways(f): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
. . . .i assumed before now she was serving a jailterm for the same case undecided
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by aieromon(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2009
I don't think she's in jail
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by Radiant(f): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
stillwater:

Is Ibinabo worth N200 million naira?

I don't blame Ibinabo from not serving her term. If I were her I'll do the same thing, do every thing in my power to stay out of Nigerian prison.  And that's not because I'm not remorseful of the situation.

LOL
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by AloyEmeka6: 2:11am On Oct 16, 2009
,mama-gee:

What planet did you crawl out from?
Ibinabo is in jail serving her 7 year sentence, If she's not in jail, Is she in your house? angry

Keep dreaming. Ibinabo is in London right now sipping rum and coke. She didn't stay up to 2 months in jail for recklessly killing that man.
Re: Ibinabo Fiberesima Sued For N200m by aieromon(m): 5:32am On Oct 16, 2009
Thought as much.

(1) (Reply)

Australian Motivational Speaker, Nick Vujicic Gets Married! / Davido & Plus-size Actress, Eniola Badmus (apollonia) Having An Affair?? / Is She Really Genevieve's Daughther?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.