Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,860 members, 7,821,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/09/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/09/16 (595 Views)

Open Heaven Daily Devotional(fri. 29/09/2017) Delayed Provision / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/09/17 / Throwback: Adeboye, Oyedepo And Wale Oke 29 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/09/16 by dallyemmy: 6:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: THURSDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2016

THEME: THE SURE REFUGE

Memorise:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

Read: Philippians 2:9-11

2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Refuge is used in the Bible as a reference to a secure shelter or a place of protection from danger or distress. A refuge is a stronghold that is commonly used for retreat, healing and renewal. Ultimately, refuge is a common metaphor for God in the Bible. 2 Samuel 22:3 says:
"The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence."

In effect, God is our fortress, a strong tower, a rock of defence, our shield, a shade of protection, and a shelter in the time of storm. He is Mighty to deliver, Mighty to save, the Mighty man in battle and the Lord of hosts. What a father does goes a long in affecting the life of a child. Our Heavenly Father does not only neutralize weapons designed against His children, He also protects them from harm. Here is a story I have shared severally: In the 50's while I was still very young, we had mining activities going on in my village and the roads were very narrow. Nigeria was still under colonial rule then. Normally, white men came in a jeep to collect the gold that the miners got. They were so powerful in those days that the villagers believed that if they killed your child, you have to tell them "thank you" so that you will not be sent to prison; they were dreaded. One day, my sister and I were returning from the farm when we suddenly heard the sound of a jeep coming at top speed. My sister immediately grabbed my hand and we both jumped out of its way, landing in an empty mine pit. We barely escaped the jeep but before we could heave a sigh of relief, we found ourselves before a snake.
Because our Father can preserve lives, I lived to tell the story. In Luke 10:19, God empowered all believers in Christ over snakes, scorpions, power of the enemy, and over demonic agents and all their activities. I prophecy in the Name that is above all other names, God will protect you and defend everything that is yours this season in Jesus' name. Psalms 20:7-8 says;
"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright."

The Word of God is trustworthy, reliable and dependable. Whatever you may be passing through, trust in God and call upon His name today, He will give you peace all round.

Prayer Point:

Father, thank you for being my hiding place and my refuge, please keep me secure for the rest of my life in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 21-22
Psalms 70

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee
thou wilt find a solace there.
[18:01, 9/28/2016] Raimi Muyideen: OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE: THURSDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2016

THEME: THE SURE REFUGE

Memorise:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

Read: Philippians 2:9-11

2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Refuge is used in the Bible as a reference to a secure shelter or a place of protection from danger or distress. A refuge is a stronghold that is commonly used for retreat, healing and renewal. Ultimately, refuge is a common metaphor for God in the Bible. 2 Samuel 22:3 says:
"The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence."

In effect, God is our fortress, a strong tower, a rock of defence, our shield, a shade of protection, and a shelter in the time of storm. He is Mighty to deliver, Mighty to save, the Mighty man in battle and the Lord of hosts. What a father does goes a long in affecting the life of a child. Our Heavenly Father does not only neutralize weapons designed against His children, He also protects them from harm. Here is a story I have shared severally: In the 50's while I was still very young, we had mining activities going on in my village and the roads were very narrow. Nigeria was still under colonial rule then. Normally, white men came in a jeep to collect the gold that the miners got. They were so powerful in those days that the villagers believed that if they killed your child, you have to tell them "thank you" so that you will not be sent to prison; they were dreaded. One day, my sister and I were returning from the farm when we suddenly heard the sound of a jeep coming at top speed. My sister immediately grabbed my hand and we both jumped out of its way, landing in an empty mine pit. We barely escaped the jeep but before we could heave a sigh of relief, we found ourselves before a snake.
Because our Father can preserve lives, I lived to tell the story. In Luke 10:19, God empowered all believers in Christ over snakes, scorpions, power of the enemy, and over demonic agents and all their activities. I prophecy in the Name that is above all other names, God will protect you and defend everything that is yours this season in Jesus' name. Psalms 20:7-8 says;
"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright."

The Word of God is trustworthy, reliable and dependable. Whatever you may be passing through, trust in God and call upon His name today, He will give you peace all round.

Prayer Point:

Father, thank you for being my hiding place and my refuge, please keep me secure for the rest of my life in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 21-22
Psalms 70

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 6: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee
thou wilt find a solace there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/09/16 by dallyemmy: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens,(Thursday, September 29th, 2016) - THE SURE REFUGE
1.I worship you my Father, because you are my rock; my shield, the horn of my salvation, my high tower, my refuge, my saviour; my shade of protection, and my shelter in the time of storm.
2.Thank you Father for all the battles you have fought and won, on my behalf.
3.Thank you Father for your protection over my life, from the day of my birth till now, in Jesus' name.
4.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, have mercy and forgive me.
5.I declare that the name of the Lord is a strong tower and l run into it and l am safe.
6.Father, at the mention of the name of Jesus, let every knee bow and let every tongue confess.
7.I soak my wife, my children and myself in the blood of Jesus and l decree that no weapon fashioned against me and any member of my family shall prosper.
8.Father when the enemies shall come against me in one way, let them flee in seven ways, in Jesus' name.
9.Father, arise and scatter every satanic agenda and plan for my life and family, in Jesus' name.
10.I decree that l shall not die but live to declare the glory of the the Lord, in the land of the living, in Jesus' name.
11.Thank you Father for being my hiding place and my refuge, please keep me safe and secure for the rest of my life, in Jesus’ name.
12.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(Jn 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.(1 Thes 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Is Making This To Happen In Nigeria Currently / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/11/16 / 2016 Prophecies That Didn't Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.