Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market (19489 Views)

Unbelievable!!! Naira Falls To N485/$1, N600/£1 / Naira Falls Against US Dollar / Naira Falls To N370 Per Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by SammieLowkey(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
dival247:

Nigeria issue is just like ,when a man get married to a wrong woman and have children. The only way it is to chase way all our leaders.
I concur
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by abbey621(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
For every tragedy there's always a silver lining. This is a blessing to those making their money in Dollars....Can't wait for the 500 mark grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by solreb: 8:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
pedrilo:
una nor dey taya?
Whether we like it or not the actions we take in the past chart the course for our future and we can't wish that away. So it will be sentimental if we start saying we should not mention GEJ again. Sheikh Zayed is remembered as a visionary leader who turned UAE around. IBB is remembered for institutionalization of corruption in Nigeria; Awolowo for the free education in the south west. So GEJ administration will still be a recurring decimal more so that it is very current and his maladministration effect is still fresh and with us and may affect us for much longer. All the Jonathan Ian's have to leave with that.

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by mengho(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
Well, what do u expect when ur leaders keep spending dollars buying expensive cars.

Even YOU way dey read dis post keep buying imported stuff, the cloths ur wearing is imported, the rice u ate today, kai even the phone you are using was imported with DOLLARS, d shoe you wear is also same.

So tell me please, is it our ancestors or the angels that will come & make the naira magically stronger.

P.S do not horde the dollar as my wicked fulani brother may suddenly sign the yaun swap deal, making ur dollar useless

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by alabiyemmy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
Anybody who blame this on GEJ needs to be shot.

solreb:

Whether we like it or not the actions we take in the past chart the course for our future and we can't wish that away. So it will be sentimental if we start saying we should not mention GEJ again. Sheikh Zayed is remembered as a visionary leader who turned UAE around. IBB is remembered for institutionalization of corruption in Nigeria; Awolowo for the free education in the south west. So GEJ administration will still be a recurring decimal more so that it is very current and his maladministration effect is still fresh and with us and may affect us for much longer. All the Jonathan Ian's have to leave with that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Godfirst2014: 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
very interesting.while importers are lamenting,exporters are smiling.ditto farmers of ricce,wheat,cashew,benniseed,etc and consumers of those goods.buhari I salute u sir.carry go.waiting for 2018 when nig will be exporting PMS, kerosene diesel,etc

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by AroOkigbo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
solreb:

What will Buhari be remembered for?
Blaming GEJ?

After the blames, then what?
#smh

5 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by TolaniLuv: 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
Seriously! This is good news cheesy I'm always smiling to the bank.

Dear God I want to finish my duplex and 2 Benz in my compound before dollar fall again. Amen..

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by goldedprince: 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Its too slow. I was expecting 700 by now.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
Anyway, I have dollars for sale. Anyone interested. I can sell 1000 dollars every month. But of course at black market rate. contact me.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Demainman1: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
mengho:
Well, what do u expect when ur leaders keep spending dollars buying expensive cars.

Even YOU way dey read dis post keep buying imported stuff, the cloths ur wearing is imported, the rice u ate today, kai even the phone you are using was imported with DOLLARS, d shoe you wear is also same.

So tell me please, is it our ancestors or the angels that will come & make the naira magically stronger.

P.S do not horde the dollar as my wicked fulani brother may suddenly sign the yaun swap deal, making ur dollar useless

Do they not use imported things in Kenya or south africa or Ghana or Tanzania or Algeria or Egypt?

Where is it that our currency is collapsing and theirs is not?

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by stagger: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
For once I am on the right side of the equation. Let us all enjoy the change we did/did not vote for.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Dieumerci(m): 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2016

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by vivalavida(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
Dieumerci:

It actually ended at N485 to a dollar.

Wow

1 Like

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Marlboro1: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
chuose2:
[size=13pt]THEY PROMISED TO MAKE ₦1 = $1
INSTEAD IT'S THE OPPOSITE![/size]

[size=13pt]PLEASE WE NEED TO[/size]
they are gradually moving toward 1 to 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by borntosuccess(m): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
we humbly await ur mercy o lord, dis man is just from d pit of hell

2 Likes

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by borntosuccess(m): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
solreb:
As long as the country does not generate enough dollar to meet demand the Naira will continue to depreciate. This has nothing to do with Buhari. So if our brothers in Niger Delta continue to bomb the crude oil pipes such that the country does not generate revenue the result is the slide in Naira. It would have been less severe if GEJ and NOI, despite warnings in 2013 of oil price slide due to oil shale activity in USA, saved for the raining days. But they blew all the earnings (the highest in the history of the country) not on developmental projects but in stealing and making a few billionaires to the detriment of the citizenry. They also damaged the oil and gas industry ( the goose that lays the golden eggs) by piling up debt in JV cash calls causing divestment in the industry. Only way out is for the country to generate forex through diversification and that involves everyone. I was happy reading that Anambra was now exporting vegetables. We used to import vegetables from neighboring countries for the cargo planes that come into the country not to leave empty.
just imagine, Happy recession bro
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by dominion001(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Plz o can someone tell me how much is euro in d market now?
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by loco4love: 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
I said it a while back. Now it has happened just as predicted.

Six months ago pressure was put on Buhari by local politicians and foreign capitalists to devalue the naira. There is ample evidence for this in the newspapers. The LOCAL politicians who were working for the capitalists in the IMF were drilling Buhari until he caved in.

Nigeria will collapse economically before it disintegrates completely. So brace yourselves there is more to come. Nigeria should not even exist at all because those who created Nigeria created it to exploit the various people living inside the boundary and to improvish them by seizing there bread baskets for themselves. May Nigeria disintegrate so this exploitation and suffering ends and the peoples will be free again.

Years of Nigerian leaders mismanaging and embezzling public funds, IMPROVISHING the peoples has produced the financial mess that Nigeria is in today. Let us clap for Buhari and his minions for a job well done. Buhari should get a Nobel Prize for stupidity.

Ife-ile ti gbogbo Yoba ni.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by onionsoup(f): 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2016
SammieLowkey:
460? Honestly, I fear for this country's future.
Meanwhile, the thunder wey go fire all APC zombies go combine forces with 48 African countries. angry

Eemmm pls oo I'm not a math's guru but does that mean 460 x $200 = 92,000.00? angry
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by rusher14: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2016
hucienda:
Blessed are those who are paid in US dollars.

For even when asleep, their nairas keep multiplying.

Buhari. Adeosun. Emefiele.

What a Bae.

Trilogy of Incompetence.

Go and make dollars yourself.

Citizens are meant to be productive.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by rusher14: 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Demainman1:

Do they not use imported things in Kenya or south africa or Ghana or Tanzania or Algeria or Egypt?

Where is it that our currency is collapsing and theirs is not?

Because only a few of them are interested in Brazilian hair, expensive cell phones or Panameras.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by samuel19222(m): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
Why western union and money gram no dey pay us with that rate nah.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Yeligray(m): 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
Betmaster3:
The zoo called Nigeria has finally crumbled. I hate this country with passion. God forbid bad thing
no matter what bro. I still love my country..
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by sade1994(f): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
obasy09:

Start mini exportation instead.

How do one go about that?
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Yeligray(m): 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2016
NNVanguard:
Only a change of this administration can resuscitate the falling naira!

#together we can!

Join NNV
lolz...do u want to impeach him?...wen d voted him didn't d c dz cuminq?...change administration my socks...now we have learnt d value of 'change'.
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by SammieLowkey(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
onionsoup:

Eemmm pls oo I'm not a math's guru but does that mean 460 x $200 = 92,000.00? angry
Gbam!!! angry
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by wcurtis76(m): 11:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
Wow dollar 460 Buhari is the best president nigeria has ever produce abeg he must complete 8 years tenure jaree..... Www.Mengodeyhama.com
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by Arckeen: 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
princechinedu:
Once upon a time..They tell us say one dollar is equal to one naira. .

Once upon a time. .. You graduate from school and government go dash you car. ..

Once upon a time. .. You go travel from lagos to London and you no need visa. .

but now.. One dollar is equal to 460 wande oh

even the government no want make you graduate. .. talk more of to dash you car..

apply for visa na... You Don turn terrorist suspect..
Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by bigfather(m): 11:41pm On Sep 28, 2016
Even LIBYAN DINAR strong pass naira

Re: Naira Falls To N460 Per Dollar In Black Market by equalgarden(m): 1:21am On Sep 29, 2016
Nigerian people === 200 Mimi!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FX Arbitrage Widens To ₦‎206/$1 Enabling Round-Tripping, CBN Vows Crack Down / Black Market Welcomes Cardoso With ₦960/$1, P2P Now ₦970/$1 / A Dollar Now N500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.