Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why Is My Own Different - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is My Own Different (1383 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Own Different by tryingtogrow32: 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Who have I offended, I am a guy 32 years of age, I am so stagnated in life I graduated in 2010 got a job in 2013 for about six months, I left because I had a disagreement with my boss since then I have not found any tangible thing to do. I went back home only to find out dad is about to take a new wife. Well we fought again and I moved out of the house. I am managing as a security operative. On this job I have seen all my mates infact I have been opening gates for most of them since I worked in a public place a hotel to be precise . At first I was hiding but now I just don't care. I have pushed everyone close to me away maybe because of the shame. I know I am under a curse but dis thought has made me angry with God. But I feel, my number one problem is that I stutter when I talk. I am now filled with hate. Hate the whole world. I have been on my own since 2014 my only friend is the Internet. Think I love cinematography so I read a lot about it. Anyway I feel like talking about my situation anonymously so I wrote this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is My Own Different by SuperSuave(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
since you believe there's God and also know that you're cursed why not go after a very good and honest pastor or alfa

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by ify2016: 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
Just take it easy. Is going to be alright. Sorrow may only last for the night but joy comet in the morning. God who created you will never forsake you.

God will soon bless you with someone I may not know. just be social, God fearing ,trustworthy and maintain your integrity because nothing is impossible for God.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is My Own Different by EnyojoAmos: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dnt believe in that curse of a thing ok. There's a reason why it happen like that, remember Joseph who spent 13yrs in prison nd his destiny was greater than evn the youths of Egypt, secondly you are alive with good health nd that prove 'there's a good plan for u'.. He'll(GOD) unveil it soon to his own glory

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by dustydee: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
Do not despair. you need to encourage yourself and have a positive attitude and outlook. Do not push your friends away. Call them and let them know you need a job. They'll have you in mind when there's an opening. You also need to go and apologise to your father if you offended him. It doe not mean you have to move back into his house. Also have your CV ready and in the course of your job you can strike a conversation with visitors to your place of work and maybe someone will be willing to help. Have you tried teaching? You can earn a decent living if you work hard tutoring students and pupils.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Own Different by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
The fact that you stutter shouldn't deter you from getting a good job. Research have shown that people who rarely talk are the most intelligent. That's because they do more of thinking than talking. Your problem is how to scale through interviews. Well I have good news for you. Interviewers are more concerned about your in depth knowledge. It depends on what course you studied. If it Technical based course, you have know issue at all except if you are applying for jobs that requires you managing people and relating with all categories of clients. When I was in school, I was taught by a lecturer (PhD) and guess what this man stammer like hell. But he never allow that to dictate his pace.
All I'm saying is this, being a stammerer doesn't warrant outright failure. I've seen people who stutter Excel more in interview than people who are eloquent. It all depends on your level of preparedness.
And again, be closer to God, he will teach what to say and how to say it.
Let me give you a tip; anytime you going out for interview or anything at all, just look at the mirror and say positive things about the image on the other side
Best of luck bro

9 Likes

Re: Why Is My Own Different by eramate(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: Why Is My Own Different by eramate(m): 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
once u knw it a problem... my dear it is solve already. once a mad man realises he's mad then his insanity has bn restored. just kneel down n pray to God, get it right with God. find a quiet place to go like a good mountain... give ursef a retreat to fast n pray... I'm very sure my God listen. In case u r yet to give ur life to Christ pls do so... I bet u, u will search for me to share ur testimony once u follow my advise. God bless u bro

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My Own Different by Zikavirus(m): 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
#Changebeginswithme
when i cannot even get a job After spending 6 years of my life, struggled and passed out of the university.
hahaha, buhari your father just wasted his precious sperm. he should hav cu-m on your mother's boobs instead.
or sold you off to liberia (ebola)
Re: Why Is My Own Different by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
Op, stuttering shouldn't be a problem really. I stutter too and mine is worse than any I have had. I work at this big firm with +- 25 people I have to address each and every hour. Now imagine this: The machines are loud, there's about 100 people yelling at each other and then there is me having to top that noise with my stuttering.

I always practice pronouncing certain English words when I'm at home, since it is not my first language and some ground employees only understand it. But with all that, I still manage. (laugh at me when I talk and you are gone, straight to hell cheesy)

If you believe God exists and is your sole anchor, then help yourself by redirecting your focus towards positivity, he will certainly do the rest. The friends you feel offended when opening the gate for can turn out to be your blessing. Think positive

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My Own Different by divinelove(m): 6:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
tryingtogrow32:
Who have I offended, I am a guy 32 years of age, I am so stagnated in life I graduated in 2010 got a job in 2013 for about six months, I left because I had a disagreement with my boss since then I have not found any tangible thing to do. I went back home only to find out dad is about to take a new wife. Well we fought again and I moved out of the house. I am managing as a security operative. On this job I have seen all my mates infact I have been opening gates for most of them since I worked in a public place a hotel to be precise . At first I was hiding but now I just don't care. I have pushed everyone close to me away maybe because of the shame. I know I am under a curse but dis thought has made me angry with God. But I feel, my number one problem is that I stutter when I talk. I am now filled with hate. Hate the whole world. I have been on my own since 2014 my only friend is the Internet. Think I love cinematography so I read a lot about it. Anyway I feel like talking about my situation anonymously so I wrote this.

U need to give ur life to Jesus Christ without further delay n pray without ceasing, ur miracle is around d corner
Re: Why Is My Own Different by PapaNnamdi: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
tryingtogrow32:
guy, I av same scenario with u, though mine I worked 8months, don't av a job now, but thinking u are under a curse will limit ur potentials, never ever give up, else all ur suffering will be for nothing, recently I discovered I can make 3times my previous salary in a month, never ever settle for less this goes out to everyone, if u are having a bad spell, it is just temporary

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by Malayy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
TheSlyone2:
The fact that you stutter shouldn't deter you from getting a good job. Research have shown that people who rarely talk are the most intelligent. That's because they do more of thinking than talking. Your problem is how to scale through interviews. Well I have good news for you. Interviewers are more concerned about your in depth knowledge. It depends on what course you studied. If it Technical based course, you have know issue at all except if you are applying for jobs that requires you managing people and relating with all categories of clients. When I was in school, I was taught by a lecturer (PhD) and guess what this man stammer like hell. But he never allow that to dictate his pace.
All I'm saying is this, being a stammerer doesn't warrant outright failure. I've seen people who stutter Excel more in interview than people who are eloquent. It all depends on your level of preparedness.
And again, be closer to God, he will teach what to say and how to say it.
Let me give you a tip; anytime you going out for interview or anything at all, just look at the mirror and say positive things about the image on the other side
Best of luck bro
thank you bro for this post..
I also stutter.. and I am currently on IT. just concluded an ND. but I was scared to near a bank.. due to fear of embarrassing myself.. I studied banking and finance.. I always have this negative feeling that I won't get a job in a bank, since I stutter..
Re: Why Is My Own Different by xpressTrade: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
God for sure has you at heart buh u have to stop and run away from sin. ur main goal shud b to make heaven not chasing vanity. pray to God to use u to glorify his name in ur generation and watch tins change in ur life
Re: Why Is My Own Different by THUNDER4real(m): 8:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
Don't stop believing....God maketh impossible..possible...Continue Fasting and praying, the way God will lift you up...U will be amazed...

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by Gistboy: 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dnt compare your self with others. Life is really not a competition. Run your own race at your own pace. God's time is surely the best. Your miracle will come as far as you continue looking up to God without giving up . Dnt think your case is worse than any other graduate in Nigeria...wait until you hear another person's story. As far as you don't give up, some day your time to shine will come.

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by BingoBuhari: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Austinosita come and see something. This is a pure deviation from... here on : https://www.nairaland.com/3354641/please-sister-get-job-abuja#49751226

some people are @it again with useless sugestions but if its Bobby and hole talking den sugestions would be diffrent... Walking away... Change changi starts with them

Re: Why Is My Own Different by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
BingoBuhari:
Austinosita come and see something. This is a pure deviation from... here on : https://www.nairaland.com/3354641/please-sister-get-job-abuja#49751226

some people are @it again with useless sugestions but if its Bobby and hole talking den sugestions would be diffrent... Walking away... Change changi starts with them.

Bro, I just taya for this guys! Walai, if this guy na fine babe, you go don see person wey go volunteer to help. I just don't know why most of our men reason this way!

Before, I use to think that guys love to help guys cos as they say; whatever you do for a man, expect returns........but for a woman, forget it! But today, it's no more so. OP, if I get better job to give u, I for don contact you, but I no get.

N.B: Is this a stuttering thread? smiley ..........almost everybody wey comment dey stutter
Re: Why Is My Own Different by NinaJoy(f): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
u can never give up,,u just have to thrive

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Own Different by kianoe4400(m): 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
I will be honest with you all,am actually happy for the words given to this guy to calm him down,u guys rock,its good to encourage one another in their deepest darkest moments,because the truth is that we all have been down at one time or another and its words like this that has gotten us through, OP please take to the advises given by these fine men and women and hope for the best, remember ur mind is the beginning and the end of your struggles and difficulties....GUARD IT WITH ALL DILIGENCE BRO....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Police Service Commission Sent A Mail / Problem With Federal Government Recruitment / Orion Group Oil & Gas Ongoing Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.