Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn (10936 Views)

Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
eraly:

OP's speed should then be around 5 * 8 = 40Mb/sec
thanks very much you got it
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
eraly:

thanks. but what about d data u are on did u do a special '4G LTE Plan'?
the plan is the same subscription with 3gb plan. Go upgrade your sim at mtn office.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
the plan is the same subscription with 3gb plan. Go upgrade your sim at mtn office.

so I go need upgrade d sim to make am 4G enabled abi? did u upgrade urs cos ah no undastnd o. lolz
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

That's ok, no need to take it too personal, we are not quarelling. But what u get is good enough for 3g but not good enough for 4G LTE.

By the way see what I'm currently getting on Ntel with just 1 bar. My location is not even in their supposedly coverage area. In their coverage area I easily get 30-45mbps.
speed test that I did now

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
barackodam:

the last time I checked your thread title, it says mtn better than ntel, that exactly is the notion I tried to correct smiley

have fun
may be this is what you need

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by mikool007(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

5.7mbps is nothing to jubilate about from a supposedly LTE. I normally easily get 8-10mbps on MTN 3g. On Ntel I get 30mbps on just 1 bar.
guy d network improvd, don't like it js ignore d thread undecided
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
speed test that I did now

Now u are talking. That's more like it, and u are getting this with 1 bar. U confused us all when u said 5.7mbps, that's why I asked u to use speedtest app. U also have good latency and great upload speed. I'm going to upgrade my MTN sim. Though Ntel was getting like 60mbps when they just launched and some people still get up to that speed in locations with good signal. I'll see how MTN keeps up when lots of people get on the 4G. Nothing like a good competition.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2016
mikool007:
guy d network improvd, don't like it js ignore d thread undecided

Are u for real? I'm going to upgrade my MTN sim Asap. Competition is good.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

Now u are talking. That's more like it, and u are getting this with 1 bar. U confused us all when u said 5.7mbps, that's why I asked u to use speedtest app. U also have good latency and great upload speed. I'm going to upgrade my MTN sim. Though Ntel was getting like 60mbps when they just launched and some people still get up to that speed in locations with good signal. I'll see how MTN keeps up when lots of people get on the 4G. Nothing like a good competition.
ok thanks
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by rawdpiper(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

No it is not, it is M/s which is mbps and not mB/s. This is why I asked for the test to be carried out with a speedtest app. Internet speedtest is normally in mbps and not MB/s.

I grab now. for me ntel anywhere, anytime.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
I thought most lte devices display LTE rather than 4g on the signal bar
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
Check this - MTN 4G

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
Processor01:
Check this - MTN 4G

Wait a minute. N****a this is for real?
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Ebubemg(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

Wilma and orege /mile two
i dey stay for Idewu.... e go fast for me too.... The mtn 4G na for any mtn sim? Or u buy another sim
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Oyetboy(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
I have used the two networks, i can say with confidence mtn is better and stable.
This afternoon I got max speed of 5.7 mbps per second.
Device: Huawei ascend mate 7
bro please i need the website, you used in downloading the movie abeg
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Dam5reey(m): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Processor01:
Check this - MTN 4G

Omooooo Ntel don die

135Mbps that is LTE+

Ntel was fooling us before
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by busoye19: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

Am using 2k for 3.5gb but with double data.(7gb)
How do you go about this ur double data.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by bufness(m): 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
I have used the two networks, i can say with confidence mtn is better and stable.
what site are u downloading this movie from
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
busoye19:

How do you go about this ur double data.
Buy a new phone and insert sim or change the imei of your phone

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ebubemg:
i dey stay for Idewu.... e go fast for me too.... The mtn 4G na for any mtn sim? Or u buy another sim
go to there office tell them you want to upgrade your sim card to 4g thats all
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
Oyetboy:
bro please i need the website, you used in downloading the movie abeg
for me the best is ganool.ph
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by lawrenceunaa: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
pls Hw much did u do the sim swap and is d same data plan on 3G available on 4G. thanks
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Dam5reey(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

Buy a new phone and insert sim or change the imei of your phone

Oya share your Imei **** the last 4
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by barackodam: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
may be this is what you need

now this is more like it smiley
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Salimmuhammad(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

hehe i laugh you. I also reside in ajegunle, olodi apapa to be precise (sadiku street if u know it). let me tell you that ntel dont have network in that area only towards boundary market side (mobile road) before or after coke factory. you cant compare the speed of ntel with mtn at all....i have gotten airtel and glo at 10mb/s at night. ntel has a speed of upto 20mb/s as my friend told me.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 8:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
lawrenceunaa:
pls Hw much did u do the sim swap and is d same data plan on 3G available on 4G. thanks
The same data plan. Swap your sim to 4g sim free at there office. That's all
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Oyetboy(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
for me the best is ganool.ph
the one you are using to download the movie on your screenshot bro.... please
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by PoisonedOne: 9:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ntel is a disappointment! I bought the line two days ago and till this very moment they're yet to register and unlock my line, the girl keeps telling me that the network is down embarassed
How can a new network of less than one thousand subscribers be down for two days? It's a shame. I think they are not ready for business yet.

However, I keep wondering why they do as if they're hiding the network from the public; no adverts, no public awareness, zero marketing, people keep wondering how I got the sim. Most never knew it's in existence.

Note: they have an office at 80 awololowo rd ikeja, just near computer village. They've another one at Egbeda (akowonjo rd).
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dam5reey:

Omooooo Ntel don die

135Mbps that is LTE+

Ntel was fooling us before

That speed is impressive wow. But I don't expect it to continue like this. It's early days with only few people on their LTE for now. When ntel started speeds were around 80mbps for early adopters. Now their peak speed has been around 40-60mpbs if u are in strong coverage area.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by solace89(m): 10:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
I just dey observe
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
PoisonedOne:
Ntel is a disappointment! I bought the line two days ago and till this very moment they're yet to register and unlock my line, the girl keeps telling me that the network is down embarassed
How can a new network of less than one thousand subscribers be down for two days? It's a shame. I think they are not ready for business yet.

However, I keep wondering why they do as if they're hiding the network from the public; no adverts, no public awareness, zero marketing, people keep wondering how I got the sim. Most never knew it's in existence.

Note: they have an office at 80 awololowo rd ikeja, just near computer village. They've another one at Egbeda (akowonjo rd).

Ntel are slow in spreading. They could have captured the LTE market before mtn launched theirs. Now they are in for it. Their network cannot even make calls with ur native phone app unless u use a volte app over LTE. Recharging has been hell until recently when they launched their mobile portal. Their network is only LTE which means it can't switch to 3g in regions with poor reception leading to high battery drainage. They have only 3 outlets in mainland Lagos... Imagine. Compared to mtn with outlets in almost every few kilometers.

Really I don't see how they are going to compete with MTN. That's one thing with our indigenous companies. When MTN start raking the money now for better service people will say they are milking us dry because they are a foreign company. But why not when our own cannot deliver. Just look at glo poor internet.

3 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

Ntel are slow in spreading. They could have captured the LTE market before mtn launched theirs. Now they are in for it. Their network cannot even make calls with ur native phone app unless u use a volte app over LTE. Recharging has been hell until recently when they launched their mobile portal. Their network is only LTE which means it can't switch to 3g in regions with poor reception leading to high battery drainage. They have only 3 outlets in mainland Lagos... Imagine. Compared to mtn with outlets in almost every few kilometers.

Really I don't see how they are going to compete with MTN. That's one thing with our indigenous companies. When MTN start raking the money now for better service people will say they are milking us dry because they are a foreign company. But why not when our own cannot deliver. Just look at glo poor internet.

Chai, I feel like buying a bottle of maltina for u bro cheesy grin. u are spot on

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will You Buy This Phone With 8300mah, 4GB/64GB For 65k? / PES Club Manager Game Discussion Thread / Tecno Promises To Release Nougat Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.