Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 (747 Views)

Cac Closes Manual Registration Of Companies In Five States / Panama Papers: Wale Tinubu Operated 12 Shell Companies In Tax Havens / Panama Papers: Dangote And Sayyu Dantata Linked To Shell Companies In Tax Havens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by yusufu16: 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
From smartphones and social media, to virtual reality and artificial intelligence, the tech-oriented world we live in today looks very different to how things were just 10 years ago.

In 2006, oil giant Exxon Mobil headed the list of the world’s most valuable companies and Microsoft was the only tech firm near the top.

Fast forward to August 2016, and Apple, Google’s Alphabet, Amazon and Facebook dominate the list, while ExxonMobil is the only oil company left in the top five.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/09/farewell-oil-hello-tech-the-world-s-5-most-valuable-companies-in-2006-and-2016/

Re: Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by mrsage(m): 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
This is an eye opener. It simply highlights the current trend all over the globe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by EnterPRO: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wonder what VP Osinbanjo has to say about this.
Re: Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by nehis234(m): 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2016
Interesting!
Firstly, I.T, Science and Technology is a very lucrative industry.

Secondly,
What I could deduce from this is that countries like ours that depend solely on Oil as its major Foreign exchange Is still in the early stages of Global innovation.

Apple releases new Phone now, every body will run and buy including our politicians, but Innoson is there, Instead of our govt to patronize it's own they prefer to dash Asia and US money. Why not include Innoson in the national fleets say security( police, Frsc, Army, etc) and see how gradually It will be all over Africa and beyond.

(Change should begin with you first then me)
Re: Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by mikolo80: 1:18am On Sep 30, 2016
nehis234:

Interesting!
Firstly, I.T, Science and Technology is a very lucrative industry.

Secondly,
What I could deduce from this is that countries like ours that depend solely on Oil as its major Foreign exchange Is still in the early stages of Global innovation.

Apple releases new Phone now, every body will run and buy including our politicians, but Innoson is there, Instead of our govt to patronize it's own they prefer to dash Asia and US money. Why not include Innoson in the national fleets say security( police, Frsc, Army, etc) and see how gradually It will be all over Africa and beyond.

(Change should begin with you first then me)

what is the iPhone made of
What transports it from China to Africa and the world
Don't get it twisted
Shit must still come from the ground before tech can come in
Re: Farewell Oil, Hello Tech: The World’s 5 Most Valuable Companies In 2006 And 2016 by Donpressman(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2016
cheesy

(1) (Reply)

MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? (MUST READ) / How To Request For Loans In 24hrs As A Student And Enjoy This Xmas Season / Lately GTB *737# Service Sucks!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.