Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,044 members, 7,953,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

Take Advantage Of Every Opportunity - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Take Advantage Of Every Opportunity (404 Views)

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / Good Morning House, Please What Is Advantage Of Leaving Nigeria To S/korea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take Advantage Of Every Opportunity by Vee1Vee1: 6:14am On Sep 30, 2016
Unfortunately, opportunities don’t last forever. But the good news is that you can take steps to make sure you don’t miss out on something truly life-changing.

1. Say “Yes” more often

Taking advantage of opportunities in life starts with simply saying yes to them when they come around. When I went on a large trip to Asia, I asked several friends to come along. I had many show interest, but in the end they all backed out. Years later, several friends admitted how they felt like they had missed out on an amazing trip and should have come along.

Saying yes to yourself also helps. Great opportunities often come from your own great ideas so don’t say no to them. If you’re negative about yourself, you’ll just limit your own options. This is not a good state of mind to be in.

2. Don’t hesitate

Opportunities are, by definition, short-lived. You need to be quick in order to get the most out of them. For example, I’ve known many men who hesitated to talk to women they were attracted to. They waited for the right time to make their move. However, as they were waiting for the right time, someone else would get there.

Opportunities are not always exclusive to you. Others might be tempted to move in on them if they see them. If you hesitate, you may lose out.

3. Take more risks

Opportunities and risk-taking often go together. And the best ones are often the riskiest. Someone starting up a new business is not only taking a risk, but also taking advantage of an opportunity.

Think back to a time when you were sitting on a couch watching television. How many opportunities came your way? Watching TV is low risk and offers few opportunities. Sometimes, you have to jumpstart those opportunities with a risk or two.

4. Have a positive attitude

Having a positive attitude has several advantages. For one, it helps you succeed when you’re taking a risk. In the example above for a person starting a new business, how far do you think they’ll get if they’re negative during setbacks or they only foresee failure?

Having a positive attitude about your chances of success can give you added confidence.

Feel free to join our community where we share ideas on face book https://www./652710164886530/
Re: Take Advantage Of Every Opportunity by MademoiselleMiel(f): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
thanks for d advise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Software Developers Are Immune From The Recession / 24 Hour Power Supply In Nigeria For A Cheaper And More Affordable Price / Business Plans, Proposals & Feasibility Studies Consultant Training Package

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.