Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims (947 Views)

Discriminations Against Muslims... / The Crusaders / Christians And Strike Back Against Muslims. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Each time we talk about the evil of Islamic terrorism, muslims jump out and claim we have same in Christianity. They refer to the Crusaders war. It is pertinent to state that the war was a reprisal against the muslims who initiated it, characteristic of them. We have never heard of Christians, against the warning of Jesus Christ, going to cities, towns and villages forcing people to Christianity like the muslims do, right from the time of Mohammed. Here is a brief history :

The first of the Crusades began in 1095, when armies of Christians from Western Europe responded to Pope Urban II’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the Holy Land. After the First Crusade achieved its goal with the capture of Jerusalem in 1099, the invading Christians set up several Latin Christian states, even as Muslims in the region vowed to wage holy war (jihad) to regain control over the region. Deteriorating relations between the Crusaders and their Christian allies in the Byzantine Empire culminated in the sack of Constantinople in 1204 during the Third Crusade. Near the end of the 13th century, the rising Mamluk dynasty in Egypt provided the final reckoning for the Crusaders, toppling the coastal stronghold of Acre and driving the European invaders out of Palestine and Syria in 1291.

We can see that the Crusaders recaptured Jerusalem from the muslims after they had forcefully driven away the inhabitants.

http://www.history.com/topics/crusades
Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by annunaki2(m): 1:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
I shudder when I think of what would have happened to this world had God not used the glorious crusaders to stop the evil marauding jihadist from spreading their satanic religion across europe and by extension the rest of the world.

I also find it even more amusing when deliberately dishonest muslims try to equate the crusaders with islamic terrorists/jihadist. Since when did it become and act of terror to defend yourself from evil invaders Or where the Europeans expected to sit down and watch the marauding jihadist take over their land, rape their women and forcefully convert them to their sick religion Islamic logic really beffudles me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
annunaki2:
I shudder when I think of what would have happened to this world had God not used the glorious crusaders to stop the evil marauding jihadist from spreading their satanic religion across europe and by extension the rest of the world.

I also find it even more amusing when deliberately dishonest muslims try to equate the crusaders with islamic terrorists/jihadist. Since when did it become and act of terror to defend yourself from evil invaders Or where the Europeans expected to sit down and watch the marauding jihadist take over their land, rape their women and forcefully convert them to their sick religion Islamic logic really beffudles me

Yet, they would want us to believe islamic wars are for self defence. They go forcefully occupying other people's land in the name of islam, and they still have the gut to say islam is a religion of peace. You can see that level of satanic deception.

I challenge any muslim to tell us where the Christians forcefully took over other people's nation, with the aim of Christianizing them as muslims are doing. It doesn't take rocket science to discover islam is not from God. God will not force unbelievers but leave them to their free will.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
truthmans2012:
Each time we talk about the evil of Islamic terrorism, muslims jump out and claim we have same in Christianity.

There are fanatics in every religion, this is something you cannot deny. Christianity terrorism, however, started in the OT.. Don't forget Jesus the alleged God Almighty was the one ordering Moses and other of his foot soldiers to kill for him. shocked

They refer to the Crusaders war.

The crusade war is just one of the many atrocities committed in history in the name of christ.

It is pertinent to state that the war was a reprisal against the muslims who initiated it, characteristic of them.

Let me agree with you here for the sake of argument. But then i thought Jesus told you to turn the other cheek? Why engage in a reprisal attack since Jesus told you to flee to another town if you are persecuted in a place? (don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of initiating unwarranted attacks) but then i will have to ask you, are you of the opinion that Christianity supports reprisal attack? Please don't tell me it doesn't because you already affirm to it here undecided

We have never heard of Christians, against the warning of Jesus Christ, going to cities, towns and villages forcing people to Christianity like the muslims do,

but we have heard of Jesus instructing Moses and his jihadists to kill people and possibly force them to acknowledge him.

The first of the Crusades began in 1095, when armies of Christians from Western Europe responded to Pope Urban II’s plea to go to war against Muslim forces in the Holy Land. After the First Crusade achieved its goal with the capture of Jerusalem in 1099, the invading Christians set up several Latin Christian states, even as Muslims in the region vowed to wage holy war (jihad) to regain control over the region. Deteriorating relations between the Crusaders and their Christian allies in the Byzantine Empire culminated in the sack of Constantinople in 1204 during the Third Crusade. Near the end of the 13th century, the rising Mamluk dynasty in Egypt provided the final reckoning for the Crusaders, toppling the coastal stronghold of Acre and driving the European invaders out of Palestine and Syria in 1291
We can see that the Crusaders recaptured Jerusalem from the muslims after they had forcefully driven away the inhabitants.

http://www.history.com/topics/crusades

But what do you have to say about the fact that during the First Crusade, thousands of Jews slaughtered and in the third Crusade: English Jewish communities were sacked? Are Jews Muslims too?

4 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

There are fanatics in every religion, this is something you cannot deny. Christianity terrorism, however, started in the OT.. Don't forget Jesus the alleged God Almighty was the one ordering Moses and other of his foot soldiers to kill for him. shocked

The crusade war is just one of the many atrocities committed in history in the name of christ.

Let me agree with you here for the sake of argument. But then i thought Jesus told you to turn the other cheek? Why engage in a reprisal attack since Jesus told you to flee to another town if you are persecuted in a place? (don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of initiating unwarranted attacks) but then i will have to ask you, are you of the opinion that Christianity supports reprisal attack? Please don't tell me it doesn't because you already affirm to it here undecided

but we have heard of Jesus instructing Moses and his jihadists to kill people and possibly force them to acknowledge him.

But what do you have to say about the fact that during the First Crusade, thousands of Jews slaughtered and in the third Crusade: English Jewish communities were sacked? Are Jews Muslims too?

Typical muslims reasoning.

The crusaders fought to retrieve their land from islamic invaders, and you call it atrocities.
Sorry for you.

Turning the other cheek is what muslims think they can keep capitalizing on, when you Islamist commit atrocities, you believe that after all, they will not retaliate. That is not to be anymore. Trying to change people's faith by forcefully converting them to Islam is more than turning the other cheek.

But your allah says and I quote : “Say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject (it).” (Quran 18:29)

With that statement, why did he still say muslims should fight till only islam remains?

I challenge you to mention where Christians invade people's land and Christianized them like muslims are doing around the world.

1 Like

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by annunaki2(m): 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001 I see you peeping into the thread. I am sure the thought of the glorious crusaders gives you nightmares cheesycheesygrintongue

1 Like

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
annunaki2:
Rilwayne001 I see you peeping into the thread. I am sure the thought of the glorious crusaders gives you nightmares cheesycheesygrintongue

Lol! Agbaya olodo grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 2:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
truthmans2012:

The crusaders fought to retrieve their land from islamic invaders, and you call it atrocities.
Sorry for you.

I challenge you to mention where Christians invade people's land and Christianized them like muslims are doing around the world.

Maybe you should re-read my post wink angry

1 Like

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

In the First Crusade, flourishing communities on the Rhine and the Danube were attacked by Crusaders, yet many were spared due to the efforts of the Papacy (see German Crusade, 1096). In the Second Crusade (1147) the Jews in France suffered especially. Philip Augustus treated them with exceptional severity during the Third Crusade (1188). The Jews were also subjected to attacks by the Shepherds' Crusades of 1251 and 1320.

The attacks were opposed by the local bishops and widely condemned at the time as a violation of the crusades aim, which was not directed against the Jews.[1] However, the perpetrators mostly escaped legal punishment.Also, the social position of the Jews in western Europe distinctly worsened, and legal restrictions increased during and after the crusades. They prepared the way for anti-Jewish legislation of Pope Innocent III. The crusades resulted in centuries of strong feelings of ill will on both sides and hence constitute a turning point in the relationship between Jews and Christians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_the_Crusades

The Jews were not the targets but the islamic invaders and those who killed the Jews were to be punished but escaped.
Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Now answer my question:

Where did you find Christians invading other people's territory, with a view to Christianizing them like muslims are doing?

3 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
truthmans2012:

In the First Crusade, flourishing communities on the Rhine and the Danube were attacked by Crusaders, yet many were spared due to the efforts of the Papacy (see German Crusade, 1096). In the Second Crusade (1147) the Jews in France suffered especially. Philip Augustus treated them with exceptional severity during the Third Crusade (1188). The Jews were also subjected to attacks by the Shepherds' Crusades of 1251 and 1320.

The attacks were opposed by the local bishops and widely condemned at the time as a violation of the crusades aim, which was not directed against the Jews.[1] However, the perpetrators mostly escaped legal punishment.Also, the social position of the Jews in western Europe distinctly worsened, and legal restrictions increased during and after the crusades. They prepared the way for anti-Jewish legislation of Pope Innocent III. The crusades resulted in centuries of strong feelings of ill will on both sides and hence constitute a turning point in the relationship between Jews and Christians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_the_Crusades

The Jews were not the targets but the islamic invaders and those who killed the Jews were to be punished but escaped.

Read the holders in full here http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/crusades.html and stop being ignorant.. BTW, why did you boycott my other points?

2 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
truthmans2012:

Now answer my question:

Where did you find Christians invading other people's territory, with a view to Christianizing them like muslims are doing?

You should've seen this in my first post, maybe you didn't read or you just- as usual, boycott the important points. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by truthmans2012: 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
truthmans2012:

Sorry for you.

Turning the other cheek is what muslims think they can keep capitalizing on, when you Islamist commit atrocities, you believe that after all, they will not retaliate. That is not to be anymore. Trying to change people's faith by forcefully converting them to Islam is more than turning the other cheek.

But your allah says and I quote : “Say: “The truth is from your Lord.” Let him who will, believe, and let him who will, reject (it).” (Quran 18:29)

With that statement, why did he still say muslims should fight till only islam remains?

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by masseratti: 6:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

i don't know where you get the story of Jesus Instructing Moses to go and kill, if you trying to be clever by half by pointing to trinity, i will be glad to explain the concept pf trinity to you again and again, God is God no one else, Jesus Is son if God and he is with Him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
masseratti:
i don't know where you get the story of Jesus Instructing Moses to go and kill, if you trying to be clever by half by pointing to trinity, i will be glad to explain the concept pf trinity to you again and again, God is God no one else, Jesus Is son if God and he is with Him.

@bolded separately right?
Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by masseratti: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

@bolded separately right?
yes, If you are in a room with your father are you not with him? Plus i can't see anywhere God instruct Moses to go and kill, a land which is being occupied by some people was promised, Israelite as a nation went to war and they were led by Joshua not Moses, he was a prophet Not a soldier or a king, Mohammed is the 1st prophet I ever heard that went to war to kill purposely to impose his religion and took slaves, people he could av preached to and persuade to convert, he sent them to early grave, is that fair and just?

2 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
masseratti:
yes, If you are in a room with your father are you not with him?

Yes i am with him in the sense that we are in the same room and not the sense that i am in him, which then makes us a separate being. Don't confuse with him and in him, for the two are not the same.

Is this^ what you are trying to say?

Plus i can't see anywhere God instruct Moses to go and kill,

Yahweh of whom Jesus was with (as you've been trying to confuse yourself about) ordered moses to kill innocent people for him.

a land which is being occupied by some people was promised,

Israelite as a nation went to war and they were led by Joshua not Moses,

Dafuq! So Moses never led a war according to your own Bible?

he was a prophet Not a soldier or a king,

Joshua also led wars as well as Moses and some other prophets of the Bible, can you deny this?

Mohammed is the 1st prophet I ever heard that went to war
so those ones led by prophes in your Bible are not war but child's play?

to kill purposely to impose his religion and took slaves,

The reverse is the case bro and i can substantiate this, can you do that to what you said above?

people he could av preached to and persuade to convert, he sent them to early grave, is that fair and just?

Pfff

2 Likes

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by trapQ: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
My only prayer is for Muslims to start their madness again so that America and the rest of the world can totally annihilate and decimate the middle east.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki will be child's play compared to it.
Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by masseratti: 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Yes i am with him in the sense that we are in the same room and not the sense that i am in him, which then makes us a separate being. Don't confuse with him and in him, for the two are not the same.

Is this^ what you are trying to say?

Yahweh of whom Jesus was with (as you've been trying to confuse yourself about) ordered moses to kill innocent people for him.

Dafuq! So Moses never led a war according to your own Bible?

Joshua also led wars as well as Moses and some other prophets of the Bible, can you deny this?

so those ones led by prophes in your Bible are not war but child's play?

The reverse is the case bro and i can substantiate this, can you do that to what you said above?

Pfff
lwkmd and someone is liking your post, i love starting from the end post.
Here it goes
What's PFF?
Can you please substantiate a prophet Taking slaves? i need to know.

Can you please tell me one single prophet In the bible that went to war? Moses never did, if he did, show me the chapter or the verse in the bible.

Yahwe, Jehovah whom Muslims acknowledge to be Allah, even in arabic bible is God almighty, one one in "in him" but He is in us, you and me, once he is nit in us whether we are sinners or righteous, we are dead, Jesus Was"with him not "in"Him, just like the host of heaven.

Your Koran said satan was a fallen Angel, that means at a point he was with Allah and he fell.
Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2016
masseratti:

Can you please substantiate a prophet Taking slaves? i need to know.

Read Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Can you please tell me one single prophet In the bible that went to war?

Moses Joshua, David and so on.

Moses never did, if he did, show me the chapter or the verse in the bible.

Read Numbers and Deuteronomy

Yahwe, Jehovah whom Muslims acknowledge to be Allah, even in arabic bible is God almighty,

Correct.

one one in "in him" but He is in us, you and me, once he is nit in us whether we are sinners or righteous, we are dead, Jesus Was"with him not "in"Him , just like the host of heaven.

But according to JOHN, Jesus was in him, didn't you read it in your Bible?

Your Koran said satan was a fallen Angel, that means at a point he was with Allah and he fell.

Being with someone - like i said earlier - is different from being "in him"..if you say, Jesus is not in Yahweh that makes then not one and not equal, which means he is no where near God, you digg?

1 Like

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by masseratti: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Read Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Moses Joshua, David and so on.

Read Numbers and Deuteronomy

Correct.

But according to JOHN, Jesus was in him, didn't you read it in your Bible?

Being with someone - like i said earlier - is different from being "in him"..if you say, Jesus is not in Yahweh that makes then not one and not equal, which means he is no where near God, you digg?
let me help you, john Chapter 1 verse 1 in the beginning was the word and the word was "with"God, and the word was God,

Oya clap for yourself, that's the only verse Muslim use to make credit that the bible contradicts its self,

Now come and sit down and let me tell you what the bible is, at no point do Christian claim the bible fell from the sky from God or it was handed over to man by an Angel, the bible is a complilation of 66 books written by different authors at different time and different places. There are other books that are cononized depending on the denomination of christianity you belong to, that verse made some christian to believe Jesus Is God, some don't believe he is God.
That said, that verse said"with God" not In God.

I have read somewhere that in the verse of The word was God and made flesh, the true meaning in Aramaic is not available in greek hence the direct interpretation, just like when you want to say the President is Government, also the speaker of the house is also government.

Joshua and David are not prophets,
I have read Numbers and deuteronomy over and over, no where did i see where moses killed anyone apart from when He tried to flee Egypt, and that was before he became a prophet, no other prophet Led a war or took slaves, david Was not a prophet, Samuel Was the Prophet In the time of David, Joshua was Not a prophet Either.
Mohammed is the only prophet In history that ever killed, went to war and took slaves and war booty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crusaders' War Was A Reprisal Against Muslims by Rilwayne001: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
masseratti:
let me help you, john Chapter 1 verse 1 in the beginning was the word and the word was "with"God, and the word was God,

You are just being delusional or that you don't really know your Bible as much as you are trying to flex your muscles here.

Now, let me make clear to you your confusion: i said earlier on that Jesus said he was in God, your objection was that he never said that rather he was with God. Now, instead of opening your brain to read what you said above, you didn't. How can your words be with you rather than in you?

And then when i said Jesus said - according to John - that he was in god, i wasn't even referring to John 1:1 rather the following:

John 17:21 "... Father, just as you are in me and I am in you ...."

Again in John 14:20 "..At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father..."

Even Paul made it more clear:
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh , Justified in the Spirit... "

In a nutshell, all the above are what Trinitarians juxtaposed together to conclude that Jesus is God from the OT till eternity. But here you are trying to deceive us into thinking that Jesus was with God which makes him not God. undecided

Try harder. tongue

Oya clap for yourself, that's the only verse Muslim use to make credit that the bible contradicts its self,

I don't get you here.

Now come and sit down and let me tell you what the bible is,

Start by telling me it's origin, those who wrote it and how they got the inspiration to write it. Those who compiled it and how they went about it.

at no point do Christian claim the bible fell from the sky from God or it was handed over to man by an Angel,

Okay.

the bible is a complilation of 66 books written by different authors at different time and different places.

Why is that of the Catholics different? Why is that of the Orthodox church different? And do you know the actual writers of each books? And do you know the actual times they wrote them and the places?

I need answers.

There are other books that are cononized depending on the denomination of christianity you belong to,

Why should their be denominations at all? Are all these denominations doing the bidding of jesus?

that verse made some christian to believe Jesus Is God, some don't believe he is God.

Why do they not belive he is god? Does that mean they don't have the holy spirit?

That said, that verse said"with God" not In God.

How can your word be with you and not inside you? Does that make any sense to you at all? undecided

I have read somewhere that in the verse of The word was God and made flesh,
and is this actually true?

the true meaning in Aramaic is not available in greek hence the direct interpretation, just like when you want to say the President is Government, also the speaker of the house is also government.

That makes them one, isn't that your point?

Joshua and David are not prophets,

Really? shocked please tell me who a prophet is.

I have read Numbers and deuteronomy over and over, no where did i see where moses killed anyone apart from when He tried to flee Egypt, and that was before he became a prophet, no other prophet Led a war or took slaves, david Was not a prophet, Samuel Was the Prophet In the time of David, Joshua was Not a prophet Either.

Truthmans2012, can you see that this your brother is quite ignorant? Lol annunaki2, do you also agree with him that Moses never led a war after fleeing Egypt?

Now my friend, i will first ask you, when did Moses became a prophet?

And then, i will give you the grace to go and read Deuteronomy and numbers again because i am sure you didn't read, you just lied you did.

Mohammed is the only prophet In history that ever killed, went to war and took slaves and war booty.
Okay.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Quit Masturbation / Principles, Relationships And Actions / Pursue Righteousness - Steve Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.