Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,594 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The Problem With Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Problem With Igbos (800 Views)

All Igboids Should Identify With Igbos As One.....its For Your Best Interest! / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches / The Major Problem With Our Society Is The Loss Of Morals & Values (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With Igbos by lightwalk(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2009
If one does a little research and goes back to the early days of our own colonization. We'll gain a head start on the cause of our crashing civilization and discrimination.
Although this is a very no-go area. I believe it has been done with so am comfortable to say that Igbos were among the top slave traders. Those who colonized us turned to these same slave traders to interpret and understand everything about us. If you have watched the TV program 'Ichoku' you will see how an Igbo man misinterpreted everything said by the white. When the whites came, the maltreatment was handed over to them. Their own land became disgusting to them and they definitely said all sorts of things against us.
Have you ever wondered why our culture is the most threatened of all cultures? It is because of this same reason. It's time to get over with this calamity. Let us re-unite and be one. Nigeria is not helping issues. Igbos are obviously maltreated, suppressed and manipulated.
Re: The Problem With Igbos by asha80(m): 10:54pm On Oct 15, 2009
i seriously doubt that that is the reason.The 'problem' with the igbo society is it is an open society and individuals that make up the society are highly adaptable.
Re: The Problem With Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 11:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
Lightwalk.

1. So the actions of 0.000001 people in Igbo society is enough for you to make such a blanket statement?
2. What exactly do you know, by the way, about Igbo participation in the slave trade?
3. "Let us re-unite"? What exactly do you mean? Were we united before?

Anyway, I agree with Asha_80.
Re: The Problem With Igbos by lightwalk(m): 1:11am On Oct 16, 2009
ChinenyeN:

Lightwalk.

1. So the actions of 0.000001 people in Igbo society is enough for you to make such a blanket statement?
2. What exactly do you know, by the way, about Igbo participation in the slave trade?
3. "Let us re-unite"? What exactly do you mean? Were we united before?

Anyway, I agree with Asha_80.
Well I know enough to tell you tha my Grand Father was a popular an known very popular
Known as 'Anuangerieri'
Due to my reservations, I don't care to tell you about him and his known escapades
But if you are really interested in the cultures of the Igbos, then dig up something for yourself.

, We must have been united somewhere along the line, don't you think so? smiley
Anyway you can say, let us come together undecided
Re: The Problem With Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:56am On Oct 16, 2009
Alright. Well, I'm familiar with my own culture, and the part we played during the slave trade era. No, I do not believe the Igbo were ever united (or at least, they didn't begin to express unity) until the East Central State was created. Lastly, I'm down for us coming together. I've got no problem with that whatsoever.

(1) (Reply)

Egbejule Warns Against Burial Of Non-natives In Sapele / Putting Tattoo On Skin. Is It Cultural In Nigeria? / The Man From East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.