Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,217 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. (1466 Views)

Uk Used Compaq Laptop Swap Allow For 50k / Grab My HP Dv6-3023nr 4GB RAM,500GBHD, 15.6″ Display For A Cheapest Price / An Issue With My Hp[compaq Laptop...windows7] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Pls I need computer engineers to come to my aid... I discovered that my laptop gave me a shock while charging it yesterday and am worried cos I don't know if it's dangerous or Normal... Pls I need your response and solutions.
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Lexusgs430: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
Pls I need computer engineers to come to my aid... I discovered that my laptop gave me a shock while charging it yesterday and am worried cos I don't know if it's dangerous or Normal... Pls I need your response and solutions.

Where did the shock come from, the charging cable or the laptop(considering the fact that laptop panels are made of plastic)?
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Where did the shock come from, the charging cable or the laptop(considering the fact that laptop panels are made of plastic)?
the shock came around the USB port and also from the back of the screen.... Where HP logo is.
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by uckennety(m): 4:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mine does same
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Lexusgs430: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:
the shock came around the USB port and also from the back of the screen.... Where HP logo is.

You need to visit a technician, with both the laptop and charger.
Would advise you not to use, till cause of shock is discovered.
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Lexusgs430: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
uckennety:
Mine does same

It's short circuiting. Electric shock cannot be a good thing. Visit your nearest laptop technician.
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by uckennety(m): 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's short circuiting. Electric shock cannot be a good thing. Visit your nearest laptop technician.

Ok tnks
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by cleanshaven(m): 1:54am On Oct 04, 2016
Anuoluwapo3054:

mine does thesame thing ,until i tried another source of power , change the power source , that try another socket , it might be from the socket .
Re: Help!!! My HP Compaq Laptop Gave Me An Electrical Shock. by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2016
cleanshaven:

mine does thesame thing ,until i tried another source of power , change the power source , that try another socket , it might be from the socket .
thanks bozz... U mean it might be the extension socket? Cos I v been thinking if it's the charger it should have got burnt... I will try changing it as you have said.

(1) (Reply)

How To Play 360° Videos And Photos Using VLC Media Player / Computer Repairs And Maintenance ⛑ / MTN Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.