Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler (22521 Views)

Make Money....be A Distributor/wholesaler Handmade Sandals / 23 Super Tips To Get The Kind Of Results You Want In Freelancing / 6 Super Negotiation Techniques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by importexpert(m): 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
In trying times like today that the Nigerian economy is faced with dwindling Naira and a strengthening dollar, it is beyond every doubt that Nigerian Importers and mini importers Learn very well how to fish out the best wholesalers and best sources to acquire dollar for their importation businesses.

it is challenging to look for the right wholesale distributor for products you want to resell. With thousands, even millions of types of wholesale goods, knowing where to start can be a daunting process. Below are some tips to help give you some insight of how things work in the wholesaling business. Before you start searching for a wholesaler, be sure that your chosen product is a viable venture and has market demanding for it. Also, evaluate carefully if the product you are considering is indeed profitable.

1. Learn About The Product You Want To Buy

Be knowledgeable about the products you re going to sell. Obviously, knowing when the goods are defective or substandard is always an advantage when you buy from wholesalers. You ll want to buy the best quality that you can afford. But how can you know if the quality is good or not unless you have excellent knowledge about the product?

2. Find A Local Wholesaler Of The Product

One of the importance of this point is that if you know how much a local wholesaler is selling it, you will be able to make cheaper offers for international wholesalers. lets make an example that i saw a wrist watch that i want to market, different sellers are selling it for between 16-20usd. i found a local wholesaler that sells same product for around 15-16usd, this is just an indication that all the sellers i saw online before are re-sellers and that i need to intensify my search. i can also buy sample locally for review, this will save me shipping cost and time.

If you have done your best and cant find a local wholesaler and you are considering importing wholesale, ask for a sample first. A traceable wire transfer, paypal or credit card purchase protected by Escrow is best.

3. Ask For References.

by reference i mean people from Nigeria that he has done business with or that have purchased that particular product. some wholesalers might contact those customers for permission to provide you with their contacts. when ever i lay my hands on such contacts i see it as gold. i contact the people and learn about the product. usually without wasting my time and money i get a nay or yey to a particular product from someone that have market it before. cheesy

4. References Will Land You Better Wholesalers.

If possible, have references ready. Wholesalers are also apt to request for references from other businesses that you have dealt with before. just as you need references to save you time and money, wholesalers also sometimes need references to assure them that they are not wasting their time. new clients may not have references so i always advice my new students to tell wholesalers that i referred them and when you are new, Offer to pay up front for the first couple of orders. always remember to pay via a secure medium as mentioned above.

5. Request Discount

If you have large orders it s possible to request a discount. In wholesaling logic, the larger your order, the cheaper you get it for. The quicker large quantities of goods are sold, the less space they take up in the warehouse, the more money wholesalers save. Sometimes they may have stock that is taking some time to be bought. You might be able to make a deal and buy the goods at a very low price.

6. Form A Good Business Relationship With Your Wholesalers.

Try to form a good business relationship with your wholesaler. It may take a while, but this is necessary if you plan to have them to provide good quality products and delivered on time. On their part, They know it is more profitable for them to keep existing customers than finding new ones. Once you show that you are going to be a regular and pay up on time, you will find that you can negotiate more discounts on your purchases. So find a good wholesaler and stick with them.

cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by importexpert(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
you can see my works on how to succeed in mini importation during this economic woes www.importsng.com
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by importexpert(m): 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
have some questions? they are highly welcome
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by femiabiolajamb(f): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
importexpert:
have some questions? they are highly welcome

my boss i cant help but commend your efforts. your threads are usually very insightful. more grease to your elbow.
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by importexpert(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
femiabiolajamb:

my boss i cant help but commend your efforts. your threads are usually very insightful. more grease to your elbow.

thanks a lot. more grease to your elbow too.
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by pitchez: 6:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Weldone OP!
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by importexpert(m): 7:06am On Oct 03, 2016
pitchez:
Weldone OP!

thanks. good morning and how is your day going?
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by kode12: 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
MEED Networks LTD, the premier Fibre Optics Trainer in Nigeria and FOA partner with over 10 yrs in Fibre Optic deployments all around the country invites all for this year's edition of the CFOT (Certified Fibre Optics Technician) Fibre Optics Training. This course is designed to cover both the theory, technology and field engineering aspects of fibre optics deployment. This is a 4-day training with an exam at the end leading to the internationally recognized FOA (CFOT)certification.
The course will provide students with a comprehensive overview of all aspects of fibre optics as used in modern communication systems.
Schedule:
Day 1.Introduction to Fibre Optics
Day 2.Splicing: Fusion, Mechanical and Termination Methods
Day 3.Testing and Troubleshooting
Day 4.Appraisal and Exams
No prior experience is required for this training.
Benefits
1. Acquiring the necessary technical skills to deploy and manage fibre optic systems in both domestic and industrial applications.
2. Ability to understand and identify current and future trends in the fibre optics business.
3. Effective deployment and management of current and future fibre optics project (which may include supervision of contractors and service providers, dealing with equipment vendors and regulatory agencies) and integrating seamlessly into nationwide fibre optic backbones for higher return on investment.
3. Free access to an in-depth knowledge base on Fibre Optic Deployment Projects by leveraging on over 25 years of experience in the South African Telecommunications and Structured Cabling Market.

There will be discount for all serving and recently passed out Youth Corps Members.
Provision for accommodation will be arranged for all students living out of state.

Address:
34 Burundi Street,
Off Damba Street,
Wuse Zone 5,Abuja.

Contact Numbers:07061925758,07046171463
Re: 6 Super Tips On How To Find A Good Wholesaler by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2016
Sweery why do create thread about import undecided

when will you ever import condom cheesy cheesy?

(1) (Reply)

Naira Plunges To N1,900, Rebounds To N1,354 Then Dips To N1,700/$ / Patricia Converts Customers’ Assets To Tokens, Repayment Tied To Profitability / Chisom Okechukwu Builds An Electric Wheelchair From Scratch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.