Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness (679 Views)

Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / Please How Do I Get My Friend Out Of Depression ? / Help: This Depression Is Killing Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness by Asapdenny: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
For me, it was all in the mind, and I believe that it's the same for most people.

It's like being inside a dark hole where you see no light, no escape, no way out. You feel no sense of purpose, no drive to do anything. Sometimes you can even see how it affects your loved ones but still, you can't seem to be able to change it. You just want to curl up in a ball and feel as though you don't exist. You even feel like you want to sleep and never wake up.

That's where I was and I am thankful and grateful I was able to go beyond it. One of the first realizations was that I let circumstances outside of me take over and run my life. Until I started looking for answers I started to find the light, and many things led me to understanding myself better, and understanding my own mind.

The mind is such a powerful tool we tend to under-appreciate. Mind is not just thoughts alone but has other dimensions to it. Places which I never knew existed. Which I have never consciously touched. All I knew was the surface aspect of mind, which we call thinking. This were all new to me. But once I gained a better awareness of this simple concept I immediately understood one thing: That we can consciously access this dimensions.

Being in a hole was perhaps one of the worst and best things that happened to me. Yes, there is even beauty in adversity once you start to learn to see it.

Everything started to change when I learn how to distance myself from my thoughts. I learned that every suffering I knew was manufactured in my own mind. I learned how to keep thoughts aside and use my intelligence, I learned that there are such states as "No-Mind", and that thought is only a small aspect of life. I learned that there are much more powerful dimensions to life. I also learned to harness the power of thoughts, but perhaps, most importantly is that I kept doing it in an ongoing basis until the depression started to fade and be gone completely.

flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Ais9p7D9Y[/flash]

I learned that YOU are your best solution as you already posses the tools to do so. You just need to see it.

People and outside circumstances can facilitate or co-operate , but it is ultimately up to you to make the final decision and take action on how you chose to feel.

Realize that you are not just a bunch of thoughts, Emotions and opinions running around, or a piece of meat for that matter, you are more than that, your mind and your thoughts are only tools to be used for your well-being, any tool is only important to us if we know how to use it. If it starts doing its own things. If it stops taking instructions from us, if it turns against us then it is no good.

The problems of the mind cannot be solved on the level of the mind.
Use other dimensions of who you are, and the very existence will stand by you.
Re: My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness by Asapdenny: 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness by Ranchhoddas: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
I think I also have depression. But I know the cause- Lack of money aka No job
Re: My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness by Asapdenny: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: My Journey From Depression To Joyfulness by Asapdenny: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I think I also have depression. But I know the cause- Lack of money aka No job
lol grin while lack of job is a factor. Even those with Job still suffer from depression. I'd say 70% of people with the condition have everything going for them. Getting this or that does not necessary take depression away, it can only cover it up for a period of time .

(1) (Reply)

Woman Kills Husband In Quarrel Over N200 Soup Money / Abuse On A Married Woman By Landlord / Redeem Your Kitchen And Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.