Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage (45611 Views)

International Farmers To Discuss Global Agric Concerns At Illinois Event / Tour Of Agro Commodity Markets In The North / Grain Purchase (pics) / Feeding At Risk As Companies Buy Up Grains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
henrimoto:
@mr. ola. What variety of yam is that... is it 'paper' yam, or "Ada onisha" yam (Danisha)?

Majorly "Amee" and a few "Maikakusa".

"Paper" is more expensive and has a longer shelf life so i intend to purchase those last for storage.

These are strictly for retail in the Lagos market, very good for " poundi" or "sokora".
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Iphie26: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2017
Please add me on 08037746337. Can I call you Ola.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by justayo: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2017
mr Ola pls add me 08053351537 whatsapp
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Dvoice123(m): 11:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
I have 7 tons of soya beans in lafia...any interested buyer
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:38am On Jan 21, 2017
Dvoice123:
I have 7 tons of soya beans in lafia...any interested buyer

Price per kg please. You can pchat
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:48am On Jan 21, 2017
I am yet to be convinced of the purpose of a whatsapp group currently. If and when it is right, we may set up one or two strictly for investors who have come together for similar objectives.

This platform has a wider reach and has albeit in a limited way, served it's purpose. All those who indicate interest though, i will add up on whatsapp for future reference.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by eximtrade15: 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2017
Hello Boss,
I appreciate how you have been sharing knowledge. I have few questions:
* You stated that it's best to store commodities where you buy to save costs on logistics. Does it mean that the same people who you buy commodities from also have storage facilities where you can store you goods, or are there other people who specilise in warehousing?
* If I store where I buy, who handles the preservation and security of my goods where they are kept?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:12am On Jan 23, 2017
eximtrade15:
Hello Boss,
I appreciate how you have been sharing knowledge. I have few questions:
* You stated that it's best to store commodities where you buy to save costs on logistics. Does it mean that the same people who you buy commodities from also have storage facilities where you can store you goods, or are there other people who specilise in warehousing?
* If I store where I buy, who handles the preservation and security of my goods where they are kept?

Hi. In most large markets, storage is available though cost of purchase may be higher than in smaller markets or direct purchase from farmers.

Alternative warehouses are also available where communal issues are often.

Depending on your location of purchase, you will always get people who will preserve and provide security at a cost.

In all these, your main focus is getting someone who has integrity otherwise your goods can miraculously disappear,get stolen or rebagged.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by eximtrade15: 9:06am On Jan 23, 2017
Olayimikami:

Hi. In most large markets, storage is available though cost of purchase may be higher than in smaller markets or direct purchase from farmers.

Alternative warehouses are also available where communal issues are often.

Depending on your location of purchase, you will always get people who will preserve and provide security at a cost.

In all these, your main focus is getting someone who has integrity otherwise your goods can miraculously disappear,get stolen or rebagged.

Thanks Boss for making it clear. I got your reply to my pchat. I will be in touch with you. Regards.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by gurujoe(m): 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2017
Who knows the current price of guinea corn? Somebody is giving me at#13,000/100kg
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 10:14pm On Jan 23, 2017
gurujoe:
Who knows the current price of guinea corn? Somebody is giving me at#13,000/100kg

@13k for 100kg, it's fair. Is it white?

100kg red is currently 17k in lagos
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by austino01(m): 4:02am On Jan 24, 2017
Are you among the Nigerian youth that is ready to make good money this 2017, if that is you,please join 100's of youth getting full knowledge on pig farming and getting help to become their own boss before the end of the year Lots of money to be made in this business let me show you how and you will not be disappointed. send me a request on whats app +14042549461 and i will add you to the group don't be left out.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by 2011HajjWeber(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Oga Ola, Please add me 08035852543. Thanks.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by 2011HajjWeber(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
Oga Ola, which products can be store now,buying prices and when to exit and exit prices. Thanks for your support on this forum.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
2011HajjWeber:
Oga Ola, which products can be store now,buying prices and when to exit and exit prices. Thanks for your support on this forum.

Guinea corn, beans majorly. Rice and Soya if you want to experiment

Guinea corn btw 220-250/modu currently, started at 150/modu but still has room for growth at the current price

Beans is between 350-400/modu currently, started at 250/modu.

Exit anytime after june for good profit . You can always exit earlier if prices are favorable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by 2011HajjWeber(m): 1:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by harvtech(m): 10:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
plea se add me 08130165579
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by gurujoe(m): 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
I bought 3 bags of yellow maize @ #13.5k/bag day before yesterday remaining 7 bags more because I want it to be10 bags each.

Guinea corn red @ #14k/bag bought 9 bags remaining 1 bag

Beans still looking for good price

Preservative #500 each

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by eddyline(m): 2:17am On Jan 27, 2017
gurujoe:
I bought 3 bags of yellow maize @ #13.5k/bag day before yesterday remaining 7 bags more because I want it to be10 bags each.

Preservative #500 each
pls how is the preservative applied?

1 Like

Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Nobody: 3:10am On Jan 27, 2017
gurujoe:

Preservative #500 each
This preservative is dangerous especially if it is still active. I use this to drive snakes from my compound when I had snake infestation many years ago.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by gurujoe(m): 5:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
eddyline:

pls how is the preservative applied?
Two tablets in a bag is ok. Find pieces of cloth or clean rag and wrap the tablet in it. Then insert one tablet in the bottom of the bag and second in the middle. Note I am storing for two months that is while I was given aluminum phosphide
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by donsola(m): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2017
20tons of cleaned and bagged (50kg) sesame seed available for sale in Lagos!
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by henrimoto(m): 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
Mr. Ola. good Evening.

Please , throw more enlightenment on ' Bambara bean' , that bean used for making "Okpa".

When is the right time to buy and store it up?

Apart from Benue State, which other state in the middle belt area has it in commercial quantity?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by gurujoe(m): 3:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Bag of Beans #24k last four days
Bag of Corn #14k
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Beava: 10:42am On Feb 01, 2017
@ soterslove please PM me @ 08034847872 quote author=soterslove post=52611229]
Can you please help with pix of commodity and bag size. Need yo confirm variety

Thanks

@ OP
Dry chilli is now 11,500 ~13k per bag

depending on variety.

Same bag size that is used in bagging

beans~bagco or jamilu.[/quote]
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by VERDA: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2017
Olayimikami:
Prices of most commodities should dip this month. Maize which was scarce is gradually appearing again, at much lower prices.

Guinea corn at N180/modu in selected area in kaduna.

The only commodity not moving south here is rice, hopefully by the third week in december, it would eventually start its decline.

For yam buyers, you may initiate action now.

Been trying to get your contact oga Ola... Can't find it, please add me. 08081246412 . have egusi in large quantity, sourcing for buyers.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 02, 2017
Hi ola, I sent you a mail to connect, in need of large quantity of maize.

Amazed at the depth of your thread.

You can reach me directly

Best Regards.
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:05am On Feb 03, 2017
gurujoe:

Preservative #500 each

Excellent job. Pretty soon, you'll be storing 10 tons and above. I also think you got fantastic entry prices for those products.

Which location are you based or storing please?
Re: Agric/grains Commodity Purchase/storage by Olayimikami: 6:09am On Feb 03, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

This preservative is dangerous especially if it is still active. I use this to drive snakes from my compound when I had snake infestation many years ago.

I agree it's dangerous, hence a withdrawal period is applied before onward sales. Please endeavour to wrap properly before applying to grains.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Duck Farming: Let's Journey Together / Bush Meats From My Farms / My Vegetable Garden Is Under Attack: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.