Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,480 members, 7,840,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Rebuilding Naija: Insights From Nehemiah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rebuilding Naija: Insights From Nehemiah (317 Views)

Nehemiah 8:4-6king James Version / NEHEMIAH'S PROJECT (Christians Fight For Defense!) by Udeh, Goodluck Oghenemaro / Must See!!muslim's Congregational Mode Of Worship Found In The Book Of Nehemiah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rebuilding Naija: Insights From Nehemiah by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
For a while, I've been studying Nehemiah and his attempts at rebuilding Jerusalem's fallen walls.

And as the nation celebrates her Independence, I would share them with us.

The book of Nehemiah is the 16th book of the Holy Bible and chronicles Nehemiah (the main personality in the book) attempt to rebuilding the broken walls of Jerusalem.

Nehemiah was a high official in the Persian court of King Artaxerxes I at the capital city of Susa.

In this series, I would share some insights (which some of you may know) from this study and how we (Nigerians; even on individual levels) can apply them to rebuilding our darling country.

Here goes,

1. We must know where the rain started beating us.

In Nehemiah's efforts to rebuilding Jerusalem's broken walls, he went out at night (to Jerusalem) to confirm the "where" and extent of damage to his fatherland (See Nehemiah 2:11-16).

While rebuilding Nigeria, we mustn't go by emotions or "e be like." The facts must be bare for all to see.

We can't move forward as a nation if we continue to shy away from our problems. Every nation's got its challenges but the first thing to do, when seeking for solutions, is to find out what those challenges are.

Let's not paper over the cracks on our walls, else we deceive ourselves and wallow in underdevelopment.

2. Let's stop wishing, and do our parts; have the mind to work.

In the earlier part of Nehemiah (1:4-11), Nehemiah prayed. He wished that the walls should be rised again and the glory of Jerusalem restored.

But he didn't stop at prayers and wishing. He went out, took actions (right from the palace he was serving) to rebuild the walls.

Many Nigerian are like Nehemiah in the first chapter of that book. We wish Nigeria were better but in our little corners, we do more damage to the nation by our actions.

We can't go to church or mosque, praying for things to change but disobey the traffic lights in our streets.

We can balk at how terribly messed up the nation is but if you and I don't play our little parts, we ain't gonna go nowhere (in my American accent).

When we have the mind to work towards the growth of our nation, the work becomes easier. It's little drops of water that make the ocean.

The story of a taxi driver in Ibadan who returned #170,000, a laptop and other valuables a passenger forgot in his cab at the eve of "Salah" and in this "Buhari times", is worth celebrating.

Such acts which happen daily, must be emulated.

Enough of the talk. It's cheap!

What leaven are you adding to the lump: Nigeria?

Part 2 comes up on Wednesday. Stay tuned!

#nationbuilding# #nigeriashallriseagain#

http://vesselofinspiration.com/rebuilding-naija-insights-from-nehemiah-1/#more-427

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 3rd Of October 2016 / What Are The Origins Of Halloween? / Their Is Power In Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.