Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) (27947 Views)

Kingsley Okechukwu Ogbodo Donates Football, Jerseys To Enugu Rangers. Photos / Parade Truck Used By Enugu Rangers During NPFL Trophy Display / Enugu Rangers Wins First NPFL Title After 32 Years [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by meccuno: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
Smallville10:
for arsenal it could be when our children are adults
grin
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
PRXPERT:
never wanted to reply you but I have tell you this, in early 80s my uncle was still in University of ibadan, him and his eastern brothers went to watch a game between 3sc and bendel insurance, the left to the stadium so early because they don't want to miss seats, they got there and were disappointed because they thought it was in enugu where stadium get filled very early! so what I am saying is the SW don't show support to their local leagues! despite their numerical strength in media today.. so you don't have any excuse on why you do very bad in npfl!
am not giving any excuse, the sw government is simply not interested in funding the clubs, hence the poor results from the clubs,
They believe clubs should be funded privately not with Government funds like in develop countries.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by aadvark: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
kjhova:

interesting point you raised. Enyimba did have a shitty logo too until they revamped their identity last year and introduced the lovely elephant head logo. Most NPFL club logos are horrible, to put it mildly but am sure as they become more media active and compete to sell merchandise, they will be forced to improve.

To add another interesting topic, why do we have few privately owned clubs in the league and why do the government owned clubs tend to do better?

Also, how much do you think it will cost an owner to run a club for one season and what is the possible returns for the same year?
well, the nigerian league began began as a largely government-controlled setup. there were few private owned clubs, still the same today though the numbers have improved.
and i think the government owned teams do better cos naturally, the government has more spending power.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by kjhova(m): 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
aadvark:
well, the nigerian league began began as a largely government-controlled setup. there were few private owned clubs, still the same today though the numbers have improved.
and i think the government owned teams do better cos naturally, the government has more spending power.

Trick question and your answer is very correct. The bottom line is money.

Until this season, you couldn't seriously hope to break even as a private owner so only state governments could afford to write off such losses as social responsibility. It might cost you about N80M to run a high profile club like Pillars or Enyimba for one year and unless there is a guarantee of at least same amount as revenue, nobody will toss their hard earned cash in the tank! However, with the improved title and TV earnings from next season, more privately owned clubs will find their feet in the league.

Gosh! everytime I watch Kano Pillars, I drool at the possibility of running that club. Pillars can rake in over N350M per season if run like a proper business. The club can make five fold of that if the LMC got its own acts together too to aid the clubs. Pillars along with potentially viable clubs like Enyimba, 3SC & Rangers could easily be million dollar franchises if I could pull my ideas through on any one of them.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by forgiveness: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Your west side clubs have not been making waves, they are dying.
Quoting what shooting stars did in decades back cannot revive your clubs either. 3SC is not part of the equation at all as we speak.
Better start working on them, it's your type that complain Igbos are too plenty in Super eagles but you will not grow talents Now.

grin Nau I know you want to go tribal. grin
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
masseratti:
Apparently you got my point wrong, no there are more night clubs in enugu than in Ibadan but an average Yoruba man has two parties, owanbe to attend to every weekend, am not saying its a good thing tho, and the state Government are not even interested in funding the clubs.
Imagine. How can parties replace a whole football? Football encompasses employment, fun and recreation.
Let's say it's all aboit interest
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Imagine. How can parties replace a whole football? Football encompasses employment, fun and recreation.
Let's say it's all aboit interest
different strokes for different folks, but really tbh government shouldnt foot the bill of clubs, it should be more of the fans thing or group of sport enthusiasts
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by yedidiah(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
nedu2000:
I just chose to forgive u for this very utterance
Thank you. Because of this, Arsenal will win the UCL this season and win the league immediately after Chelsea wins it.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
masseratti:
different strokes for different folks, but really tbh government shouldnt foot the bill of clubs, it should be more of the fans thing or group of sport enthusiasts
Nothing like different strokes. Party times must not clash with match times.
And if the people are more interested in parties, where will the fans and enthusiasts come from?
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Nothing like different strokes. Party times must not clash with match times.
And if the people are more interested in parties, where will the fans and enthusiasts come from?
seems like comprehension is difficult for you, if you dont know much about Nigerian club football league, rest it please, all rangers players are not from enugu, so why are you transfixed on it, government in ideal world do not run football clubs, our league is plagued with government officials bribing refs to secure 3 points at home to save their Jobs, south west Govt won't play ball on that, you and kano pillars should take hold of that abeg, its nice that private clubs are coming up, it will only get better.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by fweshdisney: 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
nedu2000:
After waiting 32yrs? With this I know that arsenal will soon win the uefa champions' league

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by nedu2000(m): 9:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
[quote author=fweshdisney post=49891563][/quote]hahahahaha,u dey crase oh
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by FILEBE(m): 9:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
aadvark:
some nicknames are meant to be wierd, unusual, and by extension, unique. consider 'red devils'. its not supposed to mean the devil is red, it just conveys how dangerous the team can be to other teams. now look at 'flying antelopes' again. you know how fast an antelope runs, now imagine that it also flies. it says about the team that they are either extremely fast in their style of play, or that they lead the other teams being antelopes with the rare attribute of flight. moreover, the nickname is coined from their logo.

well talking about logos, some npfl teams have really stupid logos. rangers' and enyimba's are splendid, but i really disgusted with kano pillars'. what do you think?

Hmnn. I see your point of view. Logos? Packaging is the main reason NPL interest me less at times. Just negodu the logo below. It wont pass the group stage of a logo contest. If NPL is rebranded and packaged well, forgerit Uefa, english league et all will play a second fiddle to our interest.

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
masseratti:
seems like comprehension is difficult for you, if you dont know much about Nigerian club football league, rest it please, all rangers players are not from enugu, so why are you transfixed on it, government in ideal world do not run football clubs, our league is plagued with government officials bribing refs to secure 3 points at home to save their Jobs, south west Govt won't play ball on that, you and kano pillars should take hold of that abeg, its nice that private clubs are coming up, it will only get better.

Ok, it's Now about Alleged bribery? Shame on you. Zuzu out
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by Sirwallace(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
I thought when it comes to football, Nigerians are one house. no segmentation, tribalism and segregation.
by the way, I am a Yoruba and a big fan of enyimba fc.
unfortunately, for stupid and senseless folks like you, its always about ethnicity. surprisingly, u had to bring it to football.

you are given brain freely for God's sake. I know you use apps on your phone, pretend your brain is one of those app and start using it from today.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by ArabMopol(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
the people's Elephant still remain the King of Nigeria local league,

flying Antelope's enjoy your Moment for now....

Afonjas gonna have sleepless nights
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by Roks(m): 4:44am On Oct 04, 2016
Congrats to them especially to Emeka Nnwani who said at the beginning of the season they would win the league
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:25am On Oct 04, 2016
Evergreen4:
The God that did it for Rangers after waiting for 32 years will also do it for arsenal this season.

Not an arsenal fan though, but I want them to have a feel of the trophy.

Even if na rubber cup, make them still carry this season
Me sef dey reason Manchester United. everything this season na opposite.

bauhri no dey Try ooh.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 6:39am On Oct 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

oga nothing is alleged in that, I know alot of people in the east are capable in funding a football club e.g Udoji United Nwayawun fc and now We have Fc Ubah, the ish is govt in sw is not interested, am honestly happy for rangers they deserve it, if that is not okay for you, na you know, a Yoruba man happy for an eastern Club and you are still worked up, jeez.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by aadvark: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
FILEBE:

Hmnn. I see your point of view. Logos? Packaging is the main reason NPL interest me less at times. Just negodu the logo below. It wont pass the group stage of a logo contest. If NPL is rebranded and packaged well, forgerit Uefa, english league et all will play a second fiddle to our interest.
now, thats what i'm talking about. that logo is just so bland and tasteless, and passes no message at at all. and someone should help me tell whoever designed it that its a logo not a flag. i actually have an idea of a better logo for them, already sketched on paper. i dont mind giving them for free.
rebranding the league? well thats the only way we can be the best in africa. and let me tell u, we've got the potential. england did it, so why cant we?
but how do u think we can go about it?
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by aadvark: 7:56am On Oct 04, 2016
kjhova
you are right, TV and title earnings improved this season but to make it enticing to private owners, it should be more . then d government should sell all the clubs controlled by them. deres no way our league wil improve if that doesnt happen. as u know, there's no successful league with a government owned club.
next is aesthetics, yes what we see when we watch the league. we cant expect fans to be pleased with watching their team play on a grass-here-grass-there kind of pitch. they should set a standard of the quality of stadium u must have to compete.
next is media coverage. have u noticed that each time our league's matches are shown on tv, the visuals are poor? sometimes the camera doesnt even follow the ball. that needs to change. with good cameras showing good football in beautiful stadiums, trust me, people will watch our league.
next is commentary. well its under media but i had to separate it cos we have a very big problem here. we need quality commentators and thats that.
cc:FILEBE
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2016
masseratti:
oga nothing is alleged in that, I know alot of people in the east are capable in funding a football club e.g Udoji United Nwayawun fc and now We have Fc Ubah, the ish is govt in sw is not interested, am honestly happy for rangers they deserve it, if that is not okay for you, na you know, a Yoruba man happy for an eastern Club and you are still worked up, jeez.

You expect me to fold my hands as you issue out those blasphemies?
Read all your posts on this issue: from thinking the east doesn't have much entertainment Centres other than football, to thinking we don't do parties to the fact our govts rig points.
Whether you are happy or not, don't insinuate false things to make your selves feel better over your dying clubs. If Rangers had keyed into all these petty insinuations, they wouldn't have woken up.
Football unites Nigeria, it shouldn't be a case of yoruba man happy for Rangers. One of the biggest did hard patrons of Rangers is a yoruba man, so it's immaterial.
Let's just leave this issue to rest
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by wisdomray: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2016
Have you seen today's free football predictions?
Visit http://rayprediction..com
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by kjhova(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
aadvark:
kjhova
you are right, TV and title earnings improved this season but to make it enticing to private owners, it should be more . then d government should sell all the clubs controlled by them. deres no way our league wil improve if that doesnt happen. as u know, there's no successful league with a government owned club.
next is aesthetics, yes what we see when we watch the league. we cant expect fans to be pleased with watching their team play on a grass-here-grass-there kind of pitch. they should set a standard of the quality of stadium u must have to compete.
next is media coverage. have u noticed that each time our league's matches are shown on tv, the visuals are poor? sometimes the camera doesnt even follow the ball. that needs to change. with good cameras showing good football in beautiful stadiums, trust me, people will watch our league.
next is commentary. well its under media but i had to separate it cos we have a very big problem here. we need quality commentators and thats that.
cc:FILEBE

Hmmmm. You know why I took that deep breath? The things you asked for are noble and ideal but they are all still down to money matters. First of all, bear in mind that Nigeria is a really poor country, perhaps poorer than you imagine. Maybe we shouldn't be poor but we are.

The LMC, NFF and the clubs will love increased revenues right now but you can only get what available sponsors are willing to offer viz-a-viz competition. No organization that I know of has so far been willing to be title sponsor for the NPFL for more than N700M/year. That amounts to a paltry N35M straight sum to each club, not accounting for the necessary deductions by the LMC. You can't run a club with this. The LMC need to find ways to beef up its Marketing Division with well paid, high profile and well connected marketers with enough clout and knowhow to bring bigger sponsorship money on board. That is easier said thou as these type of guys don't come cheap and are presently not unemployed.

To privatise the clubs is another hard topic. Of the 20 clubs in the just concluded NPFL 2015/16 season only 3 were privately owned (FC Ifeanyi Ubah owned by the named, MFM FC owned by the MFM church and Giwa FC owned by Mr. Chris Giwa). If the remaining 17 clubs are to be sold today by the states and LGAs who own them, do we have ready buyers who would be willing to pay to acquire these clubs and also budget N80M for the next year with little hope to break even, never mind making profit? I doubt. The privatisation thing will be slow and steady which is better than a rush.

The ability of the LMC to demand flat and lush green pitches is limited by availability. How many such pitches do we have in the country at any given time? The clubs would love to have great playing grounds too if they could afford it but it costs money to have and maintain this. Perhaps up to N100M per year. Some state governments have found a way round this issue by deploying artificial turf but the jury is still out worldwide on the safety or otherwise of these turfs. We can only make do with what is available for now while working hard to improve revenue.

Television, hmmm. This is a tricky one. We all want all 10 weekly NPFL games to be on TV just like the EPL etc. However again money is the issue. The only organization in Nigeria with the means to televise and broadcast the NPFL games in appreciable format is Supersport. Whatever money they are willing to pay is what the LMC will bargain as it is not like there is an alternative television company waiting in the wings to snatch the rights. Now can Supersport telecast all 380 matches of the season? They need at least N3.5M per match to do this which gives over N1.3Bn per season. This amount will cover cameras & equipment, transport & logistics, bills & wages, leasing of transponders & bandwidth, OB Van rentals etc. Will they be able to recoup this cost and still have enough to pay TV rights to LMC? I doubt much in the present period.

Commentaries. Nigerian commentaries have killed me since my 1st introduction to it in 1985!!! Even the supposedly legendary Ernest Okonkwo never impressed me. However the commentators are staff of the broadcaster and not the league. I do agree sha, that the LMC can demand certain standards from their broadcaster. I think that the current set of commentators are not good enough.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

which bribery is alleged? When 90% of home games are won, is there any other league in the world that u see that? read my
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You expect me to fold my hands as you issue out those blasphemies?
Read all your posts on this issue: from thinking the east doesn't have much entertainment Centres other than football, to thinking we don't do parties to the fact our govts rig points.
Whether you are happy or not, don't insinuate false things to make your selves feel better over your dying clubs. If Rangers had keyed into all these petty insinuations, they wouldn't have woken up.
Football unites Nigeria, it shouldn't be a case of yoruba man happy for Rangers. One of the biggest did hard patrons of Rangers is a yoruba man, so it's immaterial.
Let's just leave this issue to rest
you will always hate no matter what whether you fold your arms ooo or you put it on your head na you know, av being civil enough explaining things to you, why. Sw clubs are not successful, you still want to gloat abi, oya am slowly cocking my arsenal to give you what you deserve, I am yourba and am happy for rangers that won, if you not cool with that please don't drink water again today, infact for the next 7days.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
masseratti:
you will always hate no matter what whether you fold your arms ooo or you put it on your head na you know, av being civil enough explaining things to you, why. Sw clubs are not successful, you still want to gloat abi, oya am slowly cocking my arsenal to give you what you deserve, I am yourba and am happy for rangers that won, if you not cool with that please don't drink water again today, infact for the next 7days.

Good thing you didn't find another woeful excuse. I am not into tribalism, but I will debunk lies. So far, that's all I have done. The fact you bring up diff excuses each time is what I found funny. But since you didn't bring up any jab at the East in this post, you can have your peace.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
masseratti:
which bribery is alleged? When 90% of home games are won, is there any other league in the world that u see that? read my
As if they don't play matches in your own places.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

As if they don't play matches in your own places.
oooh no they don't, we are too busy watching telemundo for that.
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
masseratti:
oooh no they don't, we are too busy watching telemundo for that.
Lol
Re: Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) by masseratti: 5:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Good thing you didn't find another woeful excuse. I am not into tribalism, but I will debunk lies. So far, that's all I have done. The fact you bring up diff excuses each time is what I found funny. But since you didn't bring up any jab at the East in this post, you can have your peace.
You are as tribalistic as they come, a mam came online a yourba man, said he is happy rangers won, and stated the reason why Sw teams does not win Npfl, you twisted all his words is entertainment strictly Dstv and Night clubs? is a well known fact that Sw ppl do owmbe parties like kilode more than any other people in the country, that to me is a very negative thing to them, you will see a man or a woman living in face me and face you, school fees of the kids not paid, but He or she will borrow money to buy aso ebi to attend a party, is that a good thing? is that the fellow you expect to meet at football stadium on Saturday?
all the major clubs you know, even in Africa which one is being funded by government? Oga berra free me today ooo, cos am cocking up slowly and have been nice enough. JAB at the East for what? am Not wired Like that, av got people from there and Av being there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tennis: Osaka Fined $15000, Faces "Expulsion" For Not Granting Media Interviews / Ghana Vs Nigeria: Press Conference (Pictures) / Tomori Still Eligible For Super Eagles After England Snub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.