Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,173 members, 7,845,849 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What To Do To Stop Illegal Job Application/interview Questions In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Do To Stop Illegal Job Application/interview Questions In Nigeria (374 Views)

How To Successfully Write A Job Application Letter / How To Answer Common Interview Questions In An Uncommon Way / 15 Common Job Interview Questions For Freshers And How To Answer Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do To Stop Illegal Job Application/interview Questions In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Illegal Application/Interview Questions are all to common when applying for jobs in Nigeria. Not only does it waste applicants time but they offer no value to employees and are mostly used to unfairly discriminate against applicants. Restricting applicants age should also be illegal. You even have multinationals like KPMG in Nigeria restricting age limits for roles in Nigeria to 25/26 when the same is not conducted in their headquarter country. I'm sick of this, if I have an adequate amount of experience and I am completely qualified for a role why should the date at which I come out of the my mothers wombs disqualify me?

Examples of illegal job application questions in Nigeria

Date of Birth
State of Origin
Marital Status
Religion (some would even ask you what church do you attend?)
Providing passport picture
Number of children

Questions that are not illegal but I just hate and are unnecessary

O'level result
Previous salary

Btw I am not saying this because I feel I am at complete disadvantage when this questions come up. I mean as a woman in Nigeria I am mostly disadvantaged in job applications but I also finished undergraduate, masters and NYSC at age 21 and had straight distinctions at O'level or whatever and I don't look to bad in a passport picture. But this just needs to stop!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Did Anybody Attended Mutual Benefits Test/interview?if Yes How Was It? / Freelance Regional Sales Manager / Business Developer Position In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.