Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

A Day In The Law's Grip - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Day In The Law's Grip (746 Views)

My First Day In Maritime Academy-True Story / Short Story : A Day In The Life Of Mynd / The Grip Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2016
You guys should please pardon my typographical errors and please inform me about them, i will make amendments asap. Thanks

let's go..... cool

Chapter one

'' Bros, you carry your licence ?'' chinedu asked as we finished loading at Ark gas not very far from mile2.
''yes now, why you dey ask sef?''

''im not too strong and i no go fit drive reach ware house''. he answered with a pale voice.''

i jumped down from the passenger seat and i reached for the empty seat already vacated by chinedu. listening to Maryorkun's music Eleko, shaking my head in line to the rhythm of the very loud speaker, the rough road along MasaMasa made the vehicle galloped further, allowing my body to dance to the music too.

The journey was quite smooth till we climbed the bridge just after MasaMasa, descending and i saw an ugly sight of traffic jam. A fuel truck had already blew two tires. We had to wait 30 minutes before it was finally towed away. We resume the journey and now i already lost my listening appetite.

''How your body be now?'' I asked. ''Bros i dey feel dizzy'' Chinedu answered in a very low tone. ''Kpele, una do.''
All that while i was checking Chinedu out, my face was down while moving the vehicle at a slow pace. Immediately i raised my head up, i saw so many people wearing white uniforms. Some of them were wearing White uniforms taped with green on its edges, most of them complementing the uniforms with bathroom slippers on their leg. The other set were on white uniforms taped around with black at its edges, but they were all wearing either shoes or boots. Yes, your guess is as good as mine, they are the V.I.S officials.
'Haba, these guys go delay me oo....' i said to myself. ''i won't wait joor, no be this same man check our vehicle yesterday?'' All these questions are rhetoric to myself. I was getting closer to them while yet changing my gear to the most suitable to run as soon as i can. The figure in front of me raised his hand to signify i stop. He dashed straight to the front of the bus as he realized i wasn't willing to stop.
''Baba, na you check me yesterday now'' i said.
Henhen! so if i check you i cant check you again abi? he answered
''No oo, no be like that...." i declared. before i could finish my speech, he was already at my side, ''okay, do normal, roger now.....'' He demanded.
''What is going on here?'' Another official approached us while i was trying to find my way to park by the shoulder of the road.

''oga, this boy is resisting my command and even threatened to break my leg if i wait further in front of him''.
''Hen, is that true?'' I couldn't find words in my mouth again, my saliva got dried and i couldn't even remove my gaze from the old man, probably in his fifties. ''No ooo, oga i was trying to find a better place to park....'' Finally i was able to say something.

''Can i have your driving license, lasdry and your vehicle documents too?'' He asked. I provided all without much ado.

''We are penalizing you for reckless driving and trying to kill an officer'' Mr Ago(the vis boss) said.

''Oga mi why now, dont do this to me please, that man is lying, how would i say such things to him, yet i was the one that parked myself'' i was saying all these in a pleading voice.

''That is not my problem, i already asked from other guys there and they told me you didnt stop when you are asked to.'' Mr Ago said with a very harsh voice.

'' I think im in soup oo'' i told chinedu who was wide awake and saw all the dramas...
''maybe you should call Oga'' he advised.
''Oboy. i no fit oo, wetin i go come tell him? say them stop me i no stop ba? no, that would be compounding my problems''

while i was moving towards Mr Ago, who went into a waiting yellow and black pick-up van, i got a call from my boss.

''What is your problem, how can you be stopped and you wanted to run, are your papers not complete? i dont have any problem with you, but my vehicle must get into the warehouse today.... please dont dare me'' he hanged up (chinedu already called him).

''you have to pay this fine before Friday, so that it won't accumulate more demo range '' He handed a fine ticket to me...

''Ha! why now, oga please... 20,000 naira is too much for me, kini mo se now (wetin i do). I shouted at Mr Ago.

''Tow that vehicle inside and less all the tires'' Mr Ago ordered his boys...

To be continued....
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
''Oga this is just so unfair, how could you write 20000 naira for me?'' you've checked all my documents and they are all intact, what would warrant me to run when my documents are up to date?'' I kept asking Mr Ago all these questions, but he he didn't reply any.

I summoned courage moved away from him while the boys were trying to tow my vehicle away. I remembered what my boss told me on the phone. ''Make sure my vehicle gets to the ware house today.....'' i got frightened and couldn't help the issue.

"You come'' A voice ordered behind me, i turned around too ascertain i was or wasn't the one been called.. lo, its was Mr Ago calling me. i rushed down to him.
''What do you have in the vehicle?'' Gas, i replied.
''Okay, i will hold on to your documents while i release your vehicle to you so that you can go make your supply.''
''oh thank you'' yet, i dont know if i should be happy or sad.. i still have to pay whooping 20000 naira, no bargain.

My key was given back to me and i zoomed off the check point with so much vexation in me.

Approaching Ilasa, i was driving very rough that i nearly hit a vehicle in from of me.... i escaped that accident and moved away from there.

''stop!, im warning you to stop now'' The vehicle i nearly hit was at my trail and shouting at me to stop, then we are already approaching Toyota bus stop.... Knowing fully well that i didn't scratched his vehicle not to talk of hitting him. I quickly pulled over and he also pulled over in front of my vehicle.

'' You no get sense? how can you be driving like that'' He was coming towards me and i was imagining what he could. I saw flashes in no time and yes, he has already slapped me. still holding my face down he charged and barked severally. I gained my momentum and charged at him, im sure he is in his late 30's, before he knew what was happening to him, i had meted my anger on him and there was blood everywhere. People had gathered around and asking what happened. He was explaining what happened when i walked to my waiting vehicle unnoticed and drove off.

On getting back to the warehouse, i gave my report ( thank God, my boss wasn't around ) and dashed out to the bank.

while on the queue, i grabbed my phone and started writing a post on nairaland, telling people how i was unjustly treated. After a while, the thread hit the front page and i got so many response...

'' so this Drabeey is a Driver''
'' You will not be helped. amen''
'' The internet remembers''
Above all i got a number to call, and it was a nairalander who helped with that. I sent a message to the recipient.

That Thursday was a very long one, i couldn't sleep till friday morning. Early in the morning i dashed out and went down to Alausa where i was told i could be served justice.

I met the man whose number was given to me. i explained myself to him and he took me to a man. i had to explain myself again to this man. He told me to wait outside while he decides what to do. After some minutes, he came back and broke a bad news to me. He explained that he called the man who led the patrol and he said i was indeed guilty, so he can do nothing, i just have to pay it. He explained further that the money should have been 50000, but since they wrote 20,000 already, i should just pay up. I got so disappointed.

''We saw all what you wrote on Nairaland and we are going to take it up with you''

I got the shocker of my life

To be continued..
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
''You wrote online that you are victimized, first and foremost, who asked you for money?'' Mr. o. Ademiluyi asked

'' No ooo, i just narrated my story to a friend and he told me hw had published it'' I defended my mess

''No, your name is blah,blah and that is synonymous with your name'' Ademiluyi said

''what you people dont understand is that, you can never take on the government, just imagine you sued the VIS to court, that means those men wont show at the court of law. you can bet wuth me that you will have your case with the government.'' Ademiluyi prone further.

''We will have to take this up with you. You have gone too far by posting that online" Voice coming from Mr Ago who was also sitted at the VIS office, FESTAC TOWN office. He made the comments and i already knew im in a bigger problem.

The engine is a little bit weary and my boss told me to get it down to the Engineer, Chinedu is sick and can't just drive. i was still at Festac town when my boss called and told me he wanted me to take the vehicle down to Isla mecho the second day.

I went on my kneels to beg Ademuluyi and Ago. They left me in the office to Alausa where they were to meet as regards to my case.

I had to wait for more than 6hours, standing up and down before Ago and Ademuuluyi came back and told me i should go, realeasing my documents back to me.

"you are late already. Your oga had been calling for a long time now....''
You'll have problems with him." Mr Adeniji asked.
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2016
That's the level of advancement of impunity in this country. We're not even fit to be called a 'developing' country.

Just imagine!!
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2016
Perfectdanny:
That's the level of advancement of impunity in this country. We're not even fit to be called a 'developing' country.

Just imagine!!

we can only pray to God
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by valarinz: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2016
Desperate attempt at damage control by OP after he was slaughtered on his other thread, lol Take my advice and just let the sleeping dog lie cos the more you do this the more stupid you look, tnx
Re: A Day In The Law's Grip by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 17, 2016
valarinz:
Desperate attempt at damage control by OP after he was slaughtered on his other thread, lol Take my advice and just let the sleeping dog lie cos the more you do this the more stupid you look, tnx

see your life. Who told u im trying to control anything?

Anyway, your problems.... Not mine

(1) (Reply)

When Breath Becomes Air (ebook) / Read The Story Of A Weird Man Who Puts GOD ON TRIAL In A Stage Play In Lagos / This Thread Has Been Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.