Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Guidelines To Wearing Suits With Trainers - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Guidelines To Wearing Suits With Trainers (2029 Views)

Woman Steps Out Wearing Unusual Sunglasses (Photos) / Busty Lagos Girl Wearing Kampala Tube And Tight Leggings / Guide To Wearing Sneakers With Suits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines To Wearing Suits With Trainers by TheNGmag(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2016
Not so long ago, I noticed this new trend which obviously received a lot of critique, as most people are not inclined to accept change with open arms but being the conservative yet fashion-forward individual I am (yes, I like to call myself that), I decided to take a second look at it and analyse it carefully and I thought to share it with guys who are just as stylish as I am, or who at least aspire to it. *wink*
There are those who may probably think that tailoring with trainers is as stylish and trendy as sandals with socks. Well, you’re not alone. I mean, it was once reserved for guys who valued comfort over style, but it is now in vogue, after quite a lot of people discovered that being comfortable can actually look pretty stylish.
But while the socks-and-sliders thing is left to rail-thin models and young university undergrads, suits and sneakers is much easier to pull off while maintaining that classy and mature look.
I guess it’s safe to say if you follow these guidelines, you will look quite stylish and less like that guy in the office who switches to gym shoes for the journey home.
The street style goons have spoken, trainers and tailoring are now sartorial, not scruffy. Here’s your guidelines for bossing the look.
Do Keep Things Classic
…and by classic, I mean simple. You are already making a statement with your shoes, so your suit shouldn’t. This is no time to be revealing that banana-coloured three-piece or that custard yellow double-breasted jacket.
Start with a slim-cut, navy suit and white trainers – the more minimalist, the better. Make sure your trousers are slim –or skinny fit; flared or boot cut will simply not work. With trainers, or, frankly, anything else.
Don’t Cheap Out
As with your regular brogue or oxford shoes, quality counts. Premium materials, traditional construction techniques and details such as hand-stitching allow you a little more aesthetic wiggle and confidence than rolling in some kicks you’ve had for years.
Link Your Look With Colour
The more links you can create between top and toe, the more these seemingly disparate fashion elements gel. Colour is an easy way to pull your trainers into the rest of your look, but please keep it subtle; if your suit is black or navy, a pop of the same in the logo or the lace is better than an all-black or blue trainer.
More subtle is pulling out a shade from your sneakers in your shirt or tie, or even choosing to echo a suede trainer’s soft nap with cashmere around your neck. That would definitely leave a lasting stylish impression.

DON’T EMBRACE THE RAINBOW
To the previous point, there’s a limit. Neon trainers are tough to wear if you’re in all-black sportswear. With a suit they just look like your proper shoes got coped at the gym.
As a rule of thumb, it shouldn’t even be an option to exercise in the kind of trainers you wear to work and vice versa.

read more guidelines here at http://thengmag.com/Blog/2016/10/guidelines-to-wearing-suits-with-trainers

(1) (Reply)

Introducing House Of ESO | A Contemporary Fashion Brand / Good Sunscreen Suggestion / Clearance Sales Alert: Vans Sneakers And Vanskye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.