Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Student Pocket Catches Fire During Class After Iphone Explodes - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Student Pocket Catches Fire During Class After Iphone Explodes (624 Views)

Watch The Shocking Moment An Iphone Explodes & Burst Into Flames On A Dashboard / Lady's Infinix Hot 4 Explodes In Her Pocket, Causes Burns On Her Leg. PICS / Iphone 7 Explodes On Owner's Face While Recording A Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Pocket Catches Fire During Class After Iphone Explodes by cyber5(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2016
After the recent Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explosions, Apple’s iPhones are eager to follow the tradition and burn their owners.

In Burlington County, NJ during a class, an iPhone 6 Plus exploded in a student’s back pocket. The college student was lucky and he didn’t face any injuries.

It looks like Apple iPhones can’t digest all the attention Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices are getting after their recent explosion spree. Making similar headlines, last week, we saw an incident where an iPhone 7 Plus was burnt to ashes before it reached its owner.

Now, Darin Hlavaty, a college student in Burlington County, NJ has faced the fury of an iPhone 6 Plus which exploded in his back pocket. The student claims that the blast created a hole in his pocket.
As a result of the explosion, the student caught fire during the class. According to media reports, he was reaching into his back pocket for a pen during his morning physical science class when he noticed some smoke rising from his jeans.

Talking to ABC, Darin said:

“Right as class was starting, my phone started smoking in my pocket. It was a fire. I felt this crazy, hot burning in my leg.”

Darin says that as he touched the “sparking” device, it was “super hot”. So, he threw it on the ground and kicked because it was on fire. His classmate Rebecca Bookbinder, who was sitting nearby, said that it happened so fast and soon they realized that the phone combusted in the middle of class.

According to college authorities, when public authorities arrived at the incident, the fire was already out. But, they could still smell the smoke. After the incident, the students were moved to another classroom.
Darin says that he had the phone for about six months. There was just a simple crack on the device, but that couldn’t be any possible reason for the explosion.

“If you were on a phone call, had been sitting on your bed near a stack of papers, it could do a lot more damage than just burning a hole in your pocket. He’s very fortunate,”
Rebecca added.

https://adedayoblogs./2016/10/03/student-pocket-catches-fire-during-class-after-iphone-explodes/

Those that are trying all means either legal or illegal to get an iPhone 7, hope you are having seconds thoughts.

What shall it profit a man that spent 400k to buy an iPhone and the iPhone explodes.

(1) (Reply)

Scams And Exploitations Of Internet Services In Nigeria (my Experience) / Samsung To Pay Galaxy Note 7 Owners To Buy Another Brand's Phone / Sony Bluray Dvd Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.