Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds (4628 Views)

Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images / Tecno Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Goes Live In Dubai, Official specs discussion / Owning The Gionee M5 Plus Is A Privilege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nwokoji1: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
So i heard there's already a serious demand for the Phantom 6 and 6+ during the preorder at most of the offline stores participating. I witnessed that of Maryland Mall. Retailers that have stock are selling out very fast and have chosen to raise the price to NGN95,000 for Phantom 6 and NGN138,000 for Phantom 6 Plus.

I was thinking there would be low turn out during the preorder due to the economic recession. Saw in a post that the Pre order price is #88,000 for the Phantom 6, And Phantom 6+ goes for 128,000.

But the the phones are now selling for NGN95000 for Phantom 6, And NGN138,000 for 6+, Too Much?

Is the phone worth the Price? Reading the Features shows that it has same Specs with the other big brands that sell their phone for more than 400k.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Dandsome: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
Wow..... Hmmmm so make person begin save money?

Who's gonna be the first to buy it?
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by jaysay(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
I am shocked to find this to be true. But I am also not as shocked. I have tried the Phantom 6 in the retail outlet at Maryland Shopping Mall and the phone is more than impressive. Makes me wonder how TECNO is able to deliver this slim unibody design and still innovate while keeping the price at a perfect point.

If I want to buy a good Samsung or an iPhone now, I'd have to buy it used for the price TECNO is selling.

I am a Phantom 5 user and one year down, the phone is still pretty impressive. (Y)

3 Likes

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Dandsome: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
jaysay:
I am shocked to find this to be true. But I am also not as shocked. I have tried the Phantom 6 in the retail outlet at Maryland Shopping Mall and the phone is more than impressive. Makes me wonder how TECNO is able to deliver this slim unibody design and still innovate while keeping the price at a perfect point.

If I want to buy a good Samsung or an iPhone now, I'd have to buy it used for the price TECNO is selling.

I am a Phantom 5 user and one year down, the phone is still pretty impressive. (Y)

Were you able to buy it?

What I mean is people don de pay then carry am de go house?
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Dabsey: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
One thing about these devices is the slim beautiful body i think Tecno is already breaking into the Huge competitive brands.

1 Like

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Sulaymanmeek(m): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
With the current Exchange rate i think these beautiful devices price might just increase shocked Oh i need to purchase this in time.
3GB RAM I think i dont have any lagging app problem.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by topradar4(f): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dabsey:

One thing about these devices is the slim beautiful body i think Tecno is already breaking into the Huge competitive brands.

The fact is that most phones now are super slim and Sleek, It's like the latest design of Phones and I am not Suprised Tecno towed that Line. I'll love to feel this much talked about Phantom 6, maybe I'll visit one of their Outlets and try.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Abdstrakt(m): 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
its unfortunate that retailers are taking advantage of the high pre-order numbers to increase the price. I hope it doesn't deter would be buyers from laying their hands on an otherwise impressive device.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Abdstrakt(m): 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dabsey:

What is the thickness/thinness of the the phones.
I love me a slim phone.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by ayeeshaapink: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
One thing is going out there to see this phone from the outlets. You'd be amazed, I saw the phantom 6 i was thrilled at how colorful it was. wanted to make an instant swap of my phone.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by jaysay(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
I couldn't by it then. I was not prepared. Even those that are prepared paid to preorder and will be getting it specially delivered to them with some special gift items. I'll just wait for it to drop. But this one that it is increasing in price. It is really hot cake o!

Dandsome:

Were you able to buy it?

What I mean is people don de pay then carry am de go house?
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Sulaymanmeek(m): 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
I've tried the Phantom 6 out in one of their outlet believe me i can give you reason to upgrade to one of these devices. And to know that the prices are even more affordable while getting the best out of smartphone. I don't think there are still people out there calling them Chinko anymore, Like i used to years ago grin grin grin

topradar4:

The fact is that most phones now are super slim and Sleek, It's like the latest design of Phones and I am not Suprised Tecno towed that Line. I'll love to feel this much talked about Phantom 6, maybe I'll visit one of their Outlets and try.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Dabsey: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
5.5 inch, FHD(1920*1080) AMOLED. You'd love this one no doubts
Abdstrakt:

I love me a slim phone.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by shiftback: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
Abdstrakt:

I love me a slim phone.

7.7mm for the phantom 6+ and 6.15mm for the phantom 6.
Impressive to pack such power and punch in a slim body.

This article futher confirms the OP's sentiments
https://www.naij.com/992568-tecno-phantom-6-and-6-plus.html
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by flexcity82: 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
128,000?? I believe if dollar still exchange for 150 naira, it wont be so expensive.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by aliyubaka: 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Tecno agents we know una. Who and who by the phone?. Stop deceiving people. No single person has bought any of this phone.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by flexcity82: 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
If i have some extra money to spare, i would have played love by buying bae thse phantom6 (beauty) and myself the 6+ (beast).
Sulaymanmeek:
I've tried the Phantom 6 out in one of their outlet believe me i can give you reason to upgrade to one of these devices. And to know that the prices are even more affordable while getting the best out of smartphone. I don't think there are still people out there calling them Chinko anymore, Like i used to years ago grin grin grin

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nwokoji1:

Is the phone worth the Price? Reading the Features shows that it has same Specs with the other big brands that sell their phone for more than 400k.

What are your thoughts?

Because it has 3 or 4gb of ram doesn't mean it has the same specs as flagships from Samsung, htc, lg or Sony. There are more to a phone than the number of ram. First u can't compare snapdragon 820 to any mtk out there.

Also u can't compare a qhd display with 1080p used in these devices. And Samsung use AMOLED panels which are better. Also the camera is different. Samsung use f1.7 aperture while we don't know what is used on tecno phantom 6. Nevertheless whether these extras justify the more than 3 times price difference is another thing. The phantom 6 and 6 plus are great phones though.

3 Likes

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by oluwadaemilola: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
no be everybody recession hold oo. Some people would have definitely bought it
aliyubaka:
Tecno agents we know una. Who and who by the phone?. Stop deceiving people. No single person has bought any of this phone.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by oluwadaemilola: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
But then the so called premium device (samsung) that is supposed to be made with quality parts as you have mentioned are getting burnt while in use.
greenhulk:

Because it has 3 or 4gb of ram doesn't mean it has the same specs as flagships from Samsung, htc, lg or Sony. There are more to a phone than the number of ram. First u can't compare snapdragon 820 to any mtk out there.

Also u can't compare a qhd display with 1080p used in these devices. And Samsung use AMOLED panels which are better. Also the camera is different. Samsung use f1.7 aperture while we don't know what is used on tecno phantom 6. Nevertheless whether these extras justify the more than 3 times price difference is another thing. The phantom 6 and 6 plus are great phones though.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
aliyubaka:

And u are everybody? Why not speak to urself. People are spending more than 500k on a phone, why wont rhey buy a flagship for 88k? Tecno own the Nigeria mobile market and they sure know how to market their products. Go to computer village , 2 out of 3 shops have tecno written on it.

2 Likes

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by aliyubaka: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
greenhulk:

And u are everybody? Why not speak to urself. People are spending more than 500k on a phone, why wont rhey buy a flagship for 88k? Tecno own the Nigeria mobile market and they sure know how to market their products. Go to computer village , 2 out of 3 shops have tecno written on it.
You are a paid techno mobile agent, i know you. Stop deceiving people. Instead of counting thousands of naira to a phone that is not listed on gsmarena and other mobile forums, I'd rather go for well known brands like, Lenovo, Samsung, HTC Apple and the rest. You can't deceive everybody, no matter how you try
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
oluwadaemilola:
But then the so called premium device (samsung) that is supposed to be made with quality parts as you have mentioned are getting burnt while in use.

That is another topic entirely and it is only peculiar with galaxy note 7 for whatever reason. It doesnt take away the fact that samsung make some of the best high end phones out there. Even Ferrari 458 Italia had fire issues. More than 8 fire incidences where recorded and Ferrari had to recall the cars. Imagine spending N80 million on a car only for it to catch fire on its own. But does that make Ferrari a bad company? Does that stop people from buying other models of Ferrari?

1 Like

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by paolokonqueror(m): 3:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Na wa oh! What really is the issue with Tecno? You seem to have written them off
aliyubaka:

You are a paid techno mobile agent, i know you. Stop deceiving people. Instead of counting thousands of naira to a phone that is not listed on gsmarena and other mobile forums, I'd rather go for well known brands like, Lenovo, Samsung, HTC Apple and the rest. You can't deceive everybody, no matter how you try

1 Like

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
aliyubaka:

Lol. Ur problem, not mine. Can u even afford a mid range samsung or HTC? Can u buy buy a Samsung galaxy j7 with 1.5gb of ram for 90k? I've never used any tecno phone, the smallest of my phones is Infinix hot s which u still cannot afford.

And since when has gsm arena become a standard for checking if a phone is worth it or or not? Malata, bluboo, nextbit robin, elephone, oukitel, etc are not listed on gsm arena. Even Leeco was not listed until recently. Yes that makes all those phones 'bad' because they are not listed on gsm arena.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
paolokonqueror:
Na wa oh! What really is the issue with Tecno? You seem to have written them off

No mind the guy, someone that cannot even afford a 50k phone is calling samsung and htc.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by paolokonqueror(m): 3:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
The funny thing is TECNO Phones have to be given the credit especially the Phantom 6
greenhulk:

No mind the guy, someone that cannot even afford a 50k phone is calling samsung and htc.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by joseph214(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
No pic for proof undecided
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by AskProf: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nwokoji1:

So i heard there's already a serious demand for the Phantom 6 and 6+ during the preorder at most of the offline stores participating. I witnessed that of Maryland Mall. Retailers that have stock are selling out very fast and have chosen to raise the price to NGN95,000 for Phantom 6 and NGN138,000 for Phantom 6 Plus.

I was thinking there would be low turn out during the preorder due to the economic recession. Saw in a post that the Pre order price is #88,000 for the Phantom 6, And Phantom 6+ goes for 128,000.

But the the phones are now selling for NGN95000 for Phantom 6, And NGN138,000 for 6+, Too Much?

What are your thoughts?

"So you heard..."
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Marvell23(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
I am not surprised that these Tecno devices are selling very fast, I was telling a friend of mine that the phantom 6 and 6 plus will be game changer for Tecno. You need to experience these devices to understand my point.
Go check them out at retail outlets and you will be wowed

1 Like

Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Abdstrakt(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
Dabsey:
5.5 inch, FHD(1920*1080) AMOLED. You'd love this one no doubts
That's the display resolution. Full HD is the barest minimum for most flagships. Its good to see Tecno opted for an Amoled display. I guess the display will be awesome to just stare at with the deep black and saturated colours.
Re: Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Is Selling Out Amidst All Odds by Abdstrakt(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
shiftback:

7.7mm for the phantom 6+ and 6.15mm for the phantom 6. Impressive to pack such power and punch in a slim body.
Niceee...that's pretty slim. This one will definitely be a head turner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apple Finally Found Their Missing Piece(pic) / Phones Unlocking Made Easy @ Www.petrockunlock.net . / How Can I Change The Imei No. Of My Tecno P9 Mini Pad Android V4.4.2 To BB Imei?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.