Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Php Or .net, Which Way To Go - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Php Or .net, Which Way To Go (913 Views)

Poll: which do you like php or .net

PHP: 100% (2 votes)
.NET: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

What Price Can You Get Me A (dot)com, Org, Or .net Domain? / Pls Help,how Can I Get A Free .com Or .net Domain ? / 24hrs Promo – Free .com Or .net Domain Name. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by kolitos007: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2009
Right people, I am a bit thorn now, having done php from university and few years working experience with Lamp, I am forced at work to go into .net/c#. First thing I hate windows, I have been using ubuntu for a while, and its free and I have no problem with it.

But now at work they say using windows server 2008 is the way and I have been sent on .net/c# course, frankly I liked the fact that i could just get away from work and get to stay at a hotel for the week with everything paid for lol, but I also got enlightened with .net, especially c#.

Now am getting thorn between my love for Linux using PHP and c#.

So please people I want your views on this and you guys think is the best for you, the only advantage I can see on c# is the time  you spend as visual studio does a lot for you, however, i still feel there is more free dome in php with smarty.
Re: Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by Afam(m): 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2009
Seems in your case you really don't have a choice.

If one needed to choose between the 2 I would recommend PHP. Cost alone is enough to affect decision in an economy like ours.
Re: Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by kolitos007: 4:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
thanks afam, good points you made there, cost is alot, we spent about 600quid to get windows visual studio and also windows server 2003. Its ridiculous.
Re: Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by yawatide(f): 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2009
600 quid? u never start tongue

If you are a christian, this is like the classical question, "what should I do on my exams that have to do with evolution?"

Simple: You keep your beliefs to yourself, study on your own and for the purposes of passing the class, you give the teacher the answer he/she wants to hear. After that, you go back to your "old ways". No yawa, nothing spoil.

You do what you have to do, legally of course, to put food on the table, while increasing your skill set at the same time. Besides, based on your post, you are not even paying for it. In these tough times, you should be very happy with that. Then on the side, just to make sure you don't lose what you don't use, you keep up with your php. You never know, as they say no condition is permanent. That job you are on now isn't yours. You can be removed at any time (ask me, I should know cool). Just as you have 5 fingers, so should you diversify your life.

good luck!
Re: Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by kolitos007: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

600 quid? u never start tongue

If you are a christian, this is like the classical question, "what should I do on my exams that have to do with evolution?"

Simple: You keep your beliefs to yourself, study on your own and for the purposes of passing the class, you give the teacher the answer he/she wants to hear. After that, you go back to your "old ways". No yawa, nothing spoil.

You do what you have to do, legally of course, to put food on the table, while increasing your skill set at the same time. Besides, based on your post, you are not even paying for it. In these tough times, you should be very happy with that. Then on the side, just to make sure you don't lose what you don't use, you keep up with your php. You never know, as they say no condition is permanent. That job you are on now isn't yours. You can be removed at any time (ask me, I should know cool). Just as you have 5 fingers, so should you diversify your life.

good luck!

Valid points there you know, but you know it is said that you can easily forget if you don't practise, but then time will tell thanks.
Re: Php Or .net, Which Way To Go by yawatide(f): 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
but you know it is said that you can easily forget if you don't practise,

kolitos, if you read my post carefully, you would have noticed that I had that covered.  For your convenience cool
Then on the side, just to make sure you don't lose what you don't use, you keep up with your php.

Again, good luck to you as you pursue your career

(1) (Reply)

English Premier League New Website Look! / 21st Century Aaua- So Properly Called Incompetence / Which Software Or Cms Is Best For Designing Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.