Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Five Books You Must Read During This Independence Holiday - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Five Books You Must Read During This Independence Holiday (383 Views)

These Five Books Can Change Your Life / Top 5 Books You Should Read Before Turning 25 Years Old / 10 Books You Should Read In Your 20’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Books You Must Read During This Independence Holiday by bookrep: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2016
I understand like the President would say, I feel your pains that the economic recession is affecting every aspects of our lives. But it is also important and uplifting to know that the only way to come out of every situation is to seek uncommon knowledge. The information needed to be ahead of recession can be gotten from reading books.

This Independence, out of your free time, I recommend you find time to read these books. They are very important to Nigeria and its peoples history. In these books, you will learn how to be a better thinker, fighter and leader.

EMEKA BY FREDERICK FORSYTH

Forsyth’s view of Emeka’s role in the Biafran war is an important read for the Bookrepublican that seeks an unreserved perspective on the Nigerian Civil war.

Emeka is the dramatic, powerful and moving life-story of Chukuwuemaka Odumegwu Ojukwu. It tells the story of a rebel, general, head of state, governor and Igbo leader. This book should be read by every Nigerian that wants to know more about the politics and intrigues that came with the 1960s Biafran war. Interestingly, the Buhari led Federal Government has just reincorporated History into Nigerian school curriculum; I will ask that this book be listed as one of the study texts for our secondary school history students.

http://www.bukrepublik.com/blog/2016/10/03/five-books-you-must-read-during-this-independence-holiday/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Book Review- The Awakened Mage / Can Someone Pls Assist Me Here... / Fantastic Poem {a Poet}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.